• Season 8
    • Season 9
    • Season 10
    • Season 11
    • Season 12
    • Season 13
    • Season 14
    • Season 15

Fav: Season 5. Memorable contestants. Strong singers. Very entertaining. Seasons 4, 7, 8, 10 and 15 were very good too.

Least Fav: Season 9. The worst group of vocalists ever on the show. Lots of good people passed over in favor of dull singers. Tons of producer manipulation. They couldn’t even be bothered to write original songs for the Top 2. Season 14 is a close second.

For me:

Season 10- The show felt fresh and fun after a dismal Season 9. The finalists were diverse. And it gave me my favorite winner ever. Plus, unpopular opinion, but I loved the final two contestants.

Season 14- Just kinda boring. No real standouts. I think I even prefer Season 9 ahead of this. I think if Sarina lasted longer, it could had been better. Joey, Clark, and Nick weren't bad, but ehh.

Favorite Season: Season 7, probably. I was a huge David Archuleta fan and I loved so many that season. Either Season 7 or Season 9.

Least Favorite Season: Season 12: It was terrible and the first season I stopped watching half way through EVER since I've watched the show (which I started in Season 3). Mariah and Nicki were horrible, the constant fighting, the mediocre contestants, etc. it was truly one of the worst seasons the show has ever had. The most entertaining part was the auditions episode where Mariah and Nicki were fighting bad, but that got old real quick and I was sick of it being about them constantly. The contestants sucked.

Fave season? Three way tie between AI7, AI8, and AI10. Just so many happy memories with both seasons. ^_^

Most hated season? Three way tie between 9, 12, and 14. They're the least popular for a reason, and the reason is they ALL sucked. :P

Fav: Season 5. Memorable contestants. Strong singers. Very entertaining. Seasons 4, 7, 8, 10 and 15 were very good too.

Least Fav: Season 9. The worst group of vocalists ever on the show. Lots of good people passed over in favor of dull singers. Tons of producer manipulation. They couldn’t even be bothered to write original songs for the Top 2. Season 14 is a close second.

:thumbs:

For me:

Season 10- The show felt fresh and fun after a dismal Season 9. The finalists were diverse. And it gave me my favorite winner ever. Plus, unpopular opinion, but I loved the final two contestants.

Season 14- Just kinda boring. No real standouts. I think I even prefer Season 9 ahead of this. I think if Sarina lasted longer, it could had been better. Joey, Clark, and Nick weren't bad, but ehh.

:yes:

Favorite Season: Season 7, probably. I was a huge David Archuleta fan and I loved so many that season. Either Season 7 or Season 9.

Least Favorite Season: Season 12: It was terrible and the first season I stopped watching half way through EVER since I've watched the show (which I started in Season 3). Mariah and Nicki were horrible, the constant fighting, the mediocre contestants, etc. it was truly one of the worst seasons the show has ever had. The most entertaining part was the auditions episode where Mariah and Nicki were fighting bad, but that got old real quick and I was sick of it being about them constantly. The contestants sucked.

Season 12 is so forgettable that people forget to hate on it. :haha:

TBH Season 12 was pretty good once all the guys were gone. :D Shame they had to manipulate things so much to get a female winner who ended up going nowhere.
And the themes were terrible. Let’s find the next pop star by having them sing Burt Bacharach. :whut:

To be honest? WHY DOES IDOL HATE YOUTUBE. :angry:

We could still be enjoying the good performances if they didn't keep deleting entire seasons from their channel... :/

And the themes were terrible. Let’s find the next pop star by having them sing Burt Bacharach. :whut:

Justice for Amber's "I Say A Little Prayer..." :whistling:

Hell, Justice for Amber's whole AI journey... :ph34r:

To be honest? WHY DOES IDOL HATE YOUTUBE. :angry: We could still be enjoying the good performances if they didn't keep deleting entire seasons from their channel... :/
Licensing restrictions. When they license the song for performance, they're only allowed to keep it up for so long. It's why The Voice's performances disappear after a year or so. And Fox was really bad on copyright claiming old performances back in the day, so it's a nightmare trying to find anything unless you want to download the whole episode. :closedeyes:

Licensing restrictions. When they license the song for performance, they're only allowed to keep it up for so long. It's why The Voice's performances disappear after a year or so. And Fox was really bad on copyright claiming old performances back in the day, so it's a nightmare trying to find anything unless you want to download the whole episode. :closedeyes:

Makes you wonder why Idol doesn't have a yearly official fanclub. (That's code for YES I bought the Wizarding World of Harry Potter's Gold fanclub subscription for $75. lol) Though who knows if anyone would pay, and who knows if they'd make enough money to buy all the licenses...

It's a shame though. Thank you for explaining that to me. I always wondered why iTunes studio recordings disappeared along with their YouTube videos. :flowers:

Favorite Season - Season 9, because ….. Siobhan Magnus, was in it. Early on, in the season, it held some awesome potential, but then devolved into the abyss….. and resulted, in me NEVER watching the show again, once Siobhan was gone, except through youtube videos (that is still true, till today)

Least Favorite Season - Season 14 Season 15, was a close 2nd, on that one, though

:flowers:

Edited by psterina

My favorite seasons in order are 10, 11, and 7. I liked the diversity of contestants in seasons 10 and 11 and liked nearly all of the top 10 those seasons. And season 7 just straight up had some of the best talent of any season, Brooke White, Carly Smithson, Michael Johns - those were my favorites that year. And of course the fan favorites David Cook and David Archuleta.

Least favorites in order are 14, 12, and 9. Season 14 just didn't have very many talented contestants that year, the only ones I kind of liked were Jax and Joey, but they were not consistent. And Nick Fradiani was from my state, so that made it interesting to watch, but otherwise there was no one to really root for. They were putting underbaked contestants like Daniel Seavey through. Oh and don't forget the light up chairs!

Season 12 only had a solid top 5, all the guys but Burnell and Devin were awful. The producer manipulation to get a female winner and the severe lack of chemistry between the judges/awkward exchanges between Nicki and Mariah made this an awful season to watch. Let's not forget the disaster that was Lorenzo and that performance of Sugar Pie Honey Bunch with Devin and Burnell.

Season 9 was only salvageable for me because I was a Lee DeWyze fan, otherwise I didn't care for anyone that year. Definitely a lot of contestants who shouldn't have gone to the top 10.

Season 15 would almost make the list due to how they were clearly trying to rush it to the end and didn't put a lot of effort into choosing the song categories, not to mention the finalists were basically ignored on the finale. But Dalton Rapattoni was my all-time favorite contestant so that made the season salvageable for me, plus the finale was excellent.

Another honorable mention would be season 13. There were a decent crop of finalists but the producer games like the airplane hangar round and the round where some contestants didn't even get to sing were just cruel and put a damper on everything.

Edited by BogoGog24

• 2 months later...

Favorites: Season 5 (I was pulling for Chris to win), Season 8 (I remembered voting about 700 times for Adam Lambert throughout the season), and Season 11 (because Joshua Ledet)

Least Favorite: Season 9 (the season felt so dull and the fact that it was Simon’s very last one made it sad) and Season 12 (for obvious reasons)

Edited by *ShellBell86*

• 1 month later...

Favorites: 4 (put in poll/only one I actually got right), 6 (city represented in Top 12), 7 (the Cook/Archie final), 10 (just to see the new look, even with the Pia shock elimination)

Least favorites: 11 (the entire Joshua Lidet butt-slurping, also ended up chasing the parents away from the show after the season),  13 (led by the botched Survivor-esque attempt for a save in the top 5), 14 (put in poll/did not seem the same as past years), 15 (I was still watching, but checked out by then)

Favorite Season - Season 10,  I like Country, Top 40, Rock and R&B. Love Scotty and Lauren.

Least favorite season 12 - The blatant favoritism of female contestant's was disguesting. Johnny Keyser and Cortez Shaw should have gone through, and the constant bullying of Lazero was sad.