Public: 10/20

Rei: 14/20

Andrew: 15/20

Diana: 15/20

Dee: 16/20

Elliott: 17/20

Wally: 19/20

DEREK

Jakob is my #1 favorite male dancer. Him making the Top 20 is an absolute win for me. When final saves were happening, I was really torn as to what to do. I knew my final cut would be upsetting to some people and that my final save would likely be targeted. So I couldn't pick someone as a final save that I wanted to win the Rankdown. So I went with Jakob, since I thought he would be a likely target for final cuts. So I don't feel the need to rank him high at my true ranking, since I'm more interested in helping other dancers go for the win. LOVE YOU JAKOB. 

Jakob was on Season 6, where he was likely cast as an opponent for Billy Bell. I think the judges were gearing up for having a Billy vs. Jakob storyline for the first couple weeks, and then planning on dumping Billy before the Top 10. But that's just my theory. Then Billy withdrew and it was all about JAKOB. Jakob was outstanding from week 1. His partnership with Ashleigh is one of my favorites of the entire series. I loved all of their routines. Jakob/Ashleigh Top 12 week, Sonya + cha cha, is one of the best weeks for a couple on SYTYCD before the Top 10. And the week later he did Tore My Heart with Ellenore. WHEN WILL YOUR FAVE???? Unless your fave is Ellenore, which, okay that's understandable. 

Jakob danced a waltz with Mollee and actually made her look good. HE DID THAT. He also slayed group routines. Then he crushed the finale only to be disrespected with a runner-up placement behind Russell. HOW SAD.

I just love everything about Jakob. Like Adam Shankman said, he was put on this earth to spread the gospel of dance. Then he came back for Season 9 and danced with.... DOESN'T MATTER, JAKOB WAS MY TV AGAIN. Then he came back Season 10 and danced with Makenzie in one of the best broadway routines ever on the show. Amazing. Thank you, Jakob. 

AMANDA

Jakob is great! I loved his partnership with Ashleigh and "Time Flies" is one of my favorite routines ever. "Tore My Heart" with Ellenore during Top 10 week is another one of my favorite routines ever, and definitely one of the standout moments of the season. Jakob just really excelled with brilliant Sonya Tayeh choreography. And then of course, he danced the gorgeous "At This Moment" with my fave Kathryn which I also love. TBH I would've had Jakob win instead of Russell, as I thought he was a more consistent and versatile dancer. And then, of course, he came back and danced a brilliant Broadway routine with my season 10 fave Makenzie. But yeah, Jakob was battling with #19 for last place the whole time, but one person's ranking gave #19 the edge. Congrats to Derek for getting him here, though.

REI

I don't mind Jakob being here tbh. He may not be the greatest but he was very good in his season and arguably the third best dancer on season 6 so he deserved to be above the ones I ranked below him. As for what I liked from Jakob. I love his Viennese waltz with Ashleigh and I believe is one of the best waltz ever on the show. I like his jazz with Ashleigh too. I love his cha cha with Ashleigh. I love his lyrical jazz with Ashleigh and is my favorite routine of the season. I also love his contemporary with Ellenore and again is one of the best of the season. I like his Viennese waltz with Mollee. I like his Always Midnight solo. As for all-stars routines. I love his broadway with Makenzie and is among my favorite broadways ever on the show. Congrats to all the Jakob fans out there (Derek I believe) for bringing him to this top 20. I believe he was here last year too so good for him.

ANDREW

I'm ranking Jakob low because I think he has a shot at winning and, as much as I like him, I don't want him to win it all, which I'm sure Derek will resent me for since he was the one who advanced him. But of the people I've ranked low for fear of them winning, I ranked Jakob the highest because I wouldn't mind finally having a male winner of this rank down. Anyway, I'm sure Derek will post his routines, but Jakob was definitely the front runner of Season 6 for me. His routine with Ashleigh was a pleasant surprise and the two of them delivered in all three styles . Everyone of their routines together were magic, but especially "Cha-cha Heels", "Relax", and "Time Flies". In the finals, Jakob has a strong Top 10 week with Ellenore. His week with Mollee was a bit of a blip, but I still liked him in the routines, and her returned to form in the finale, especially in his routine with Kathryn. After the strong season he had, I think I thought he was a shoe-in for the title, so when he didn't win, I was definitely heartbroken. Nowadays, I'd probably rank Ellenore as my favourite, but his run definitely would justify him winning. I also really liked his broadway with Mackenzie in Season 10. All-in-all, I like him, but I probably like the other 13 people I've ranked above him more, just on a personal level.

DEE

16. Jakob Karr (Season 6)

tumblr_lop8usGySs1qmdavgo1_400.gifv

tumblr_mcczbvlGi51r1aobco1_400.gifv

DapperDeterminedBluemorphobutterfly-smal

Jakob deserves to be ranked lower because of what Derek did during that final round. However, Diana did something even worse, and Kent/Neil/Clarice exist. So Jakob escapes my last place ranking.

Jakob is actually a great dancer and contestant, and I actually really like him. But I do think Jakob fall a bit on the boring side? Or maybe he falls a lot on the boring side? LOL. I thought he would be exciting, since he introduced himself as Jeanine Mason's best friend. We all know who the fun friend is in that group. LOL.

I also thought that Jakob would be my favorite from the season, since he had the support of the greatest SYTYCD Contestant of All-Time + Season 5 Champion, Jeanine Mason. Except Jakob turned out to be just really boring.

A technical beast. Never put a foot wrong in the competition. But just very boring? And I love so many of his routines, which is why I find it odd that he still strikes me as super boring.

"Time Flies." "Tore My Heart."

Two of my favorite routines of all-time. Iconic routines, especially the latter. Maybe he just needed to dance Sonya Tayeh choreography for the entire competition? LOL.

Except I loved his Viennese Waltz to "At Last."

Plus his Jazz to "Relax." 

And his Cha-Cha to "Cha Cha Heels."

His Quickstep to "Four Brothers."

His Viennese Waltz to "Ordinary Day."

His Broadway to "I Gotcha."

Of course his Contemporary Ballet to "At This Moment."

Maybe I just hate "Whatcha Say" so much that I find Jakob less interesting overall? IDK.

I think that while Jakob danced so many different styles flawlessly throughout his run, none of his routines outside of the two that I really love are memorable or iconic? Everything is danced exquisitely, but most of what Jakob did was super unexciting. While my three favorites of the season - Ellenore, Kathryn, Legacy - were consistently dancing iconic and exciting pieces of choreography.

Though he would have made a far better winner than Russell.

Jakob is still dancing nowadays, but not so much in the commercial world. He seems really happy with his partner, and posts a ton of nude thirst traps on IG, as well as a lot of bulge pics. So safe to say, he is living his best gay life. That makes me happy. A fine addition to the finals, but there are far better options. 

ELLIOTT

Meh. I don't really care for Jakob. I liked his partnership with Ashleigh (but that was mostly because I was rooting for the Di Lellos in season 6) and was initially hoping he'd go far since he was close friends with Queenine Mason. But as the season progressed, I found myself eventually rooting for the others more. I'd even say he's my least favourite of that entire Top 8. lol now I just reminded myself of Noelle and Nathan making the Top 10 and I laughed for like a minute straight. HOW? But back to Jakob. He was obviously a strong dancer, as he was the only one in that finale to dance every week and never place in the bottom, via the voters or the judges. Even if I'd consider Russell a dancer who never landed in the bottom considering the only time he was there was because of the judges' clowerny. Speaking of Russell, his winning and the subsequent IDF meltdown over Jakob and Kathryn placing 2nd/3rd? Iconic on so many levels. :wub: Ellenore should've won that season, though.

WALLY

Normally wouldn’t rank Jakob this low but got to give Jakob a petty #19 ranking for that Courtney cut. 😘  That and also hoping to get Ellenore the S6 win. 

Jakob is a Contemporary dancer from Season 6 and is fantastic and amazing technical dancer. Definitely amongst the most gifted male Contemporary dancers for sure. I do really like him but don’t love him as much as most people. He did have a really great partnership with Ashleigh - and my favorite routines from that partnership were their Jazz, Lyrical Hip-Hop, Lyrical Jazz and Cha-Cha. Other routines I really liked/loved from Jakob were his Quickstep & Jazz with Ellenore, Viennese Waltz & Broadway with Mollee and Contemporary with Kathryn. I know many people thought and wanted Jakob to win his season but i’m not one of those as I always preferred and connected more to Russell. Well done to Jakob making it this far.

Edited by *Amanda

LMAO at the highest ranker saying Jacob is his favorite male dancer and ranking him #9 🤣

I can’t remember where I ranked him but I remember he was my favorite sytycdancer of all time for awhile. He is def fab and amaze but my love for him has unfortunately worn off over the years. I feel like I ranked him higher than 9 at least?

4 minutes ago, JC said:

LMAO at the highest ranker saying Jacob is his favorite male dancer and ranking him #9 🤣

Hahaha! If I was to do a true ranking of him he'd place much higher, but I didn't think that was a good strategy for the rankdown.

Just now, Elliott said:

So Derek’s top 8 is all women. :dead: 

Not necessarily ;)

2 minutes ago, *Amanda said:

OTlEMN5.jpg

Congrats to Ellenore for winning season 6!

I have no idea where the season finales list went. :ph34rwave:

Ugh Ivan and Artem being robbed of top 20 :/ at least they won their seasons 

i realize I’m def an old school Kween, to me all the stars were in seasons 1-4

Just now, *Amanda said:

I never said it was Clarice. :dead: 

But Wally's not the only one who gave her a high ranking.

I know I am just being super messy for the fun of it. :dead:

Elliott, Andrew, and Wally all did. I was already prepared for that disaster. LOL.