2019 Dancing with the Stars Rankdown

Alex95

For those wondering, here's a few tidbits I remember from Hannah's live last night:

-She had been silent for these past two weeks because she had hired someone to educate her on this topic. (Not sure why she didn't take Rachel up on her offer of free help, but I'm glad she took the time to educate herself.) 

-"If you want to support me, don't defend me. What I did is indefensible." - This is her calling out the rabid stans that have been harassing members of Bachelor Nation who were RIGHTFULLY holding Hannah accountable. 

-Another line from Hannah: "If I let this slip out of my mouth, what have I let slip into my heart?"

-She linked to a video that she mentioned in her live about the use of the n-word (watch it here if you're interested) and several articles in her story (go to her Instagram and click on resources) in an effort to help educate her fans on the issue too.

-Unsurprisingly, the stans STILL don't get it even after Hannah said her actions are indefensible. The comments under the video are inundated with the ridiculous "You don't need to apologize because you did nothing wrong!!!!" and "It's okay for you to sing it since it's in the song!!!" responses. :rolleyes: 

A few more quotes from Hannah:

-She hired the educator to ""help me understand the things that I've never even have been taught, learned or been a part of my education like ever before."

-"To be honest I didn't know a lot, I don't want to be ignorant anymore. I don't want to be an ignorant white girl who uses the N-word"

-"What I did, I didn't want it to go away. What I did was something extremely serious and I did not want to continue repeating this long history of white people not taking accountability and responsibility for their actions when people of color, black people, call them out on their behavior. That is something I do not want to be a part of. To do that, I had to understand."

Edited by *Amanda

42 minutes ago, *Amanda said:

For those wondering, here's a few tidbits I remember from Hannah's live last night:

-She had been silent for these past two weeks because she had hired someone to educate her on this topic. (Not sure why she didn't take Rachel up on her offer of free help, but I'm glad she took the time to educate herself.) 

-"If you want to support me, don't defend me. What I did is indefensible." - This is her calling out the rabid stans that have been harassing members of Bachelor Nation who were RIGHTFULLY holding Hannah accountable. 

-Another line from Hannah: "If I let this slip out of my mouth, what have I let slip into my heart?"

-She linked to a video that she mentioned in her live about the use of the n-word (watch it here if you're interested) and several articles in her story (go to her Instagram and click on resources) in an effort to help educate her fans on the issue too.

-Unsurprisingly, the stans STILL don't get it even after Hannah said her actions are indefensible. The comments under the video are inundated with the ridiculous "You don't need to apologize because you did nothing wrong!!!!" and "It's okay for you to sing it since it's in the song!!!" responses. :rolleyes: 

A few more quotes from Hannah:

-She hired the educator to ""help me understand the things that I've never even have been taught, learned or been a part of my education like ever before."

-"To be honest I didn't know a lot, I don't want to be ignorant anymore. I don't want to be an ignorant white girl who uses the N-word"

-"What I did, I didn't want it to go away. What I did was something extremely serious and I did not want to continue repeating this long history of white people not taking accountability and responsibility for their actions when people of color, black people, call them out on their behavior. That is something I do not want to be a part of. To do that, I had to understand."

Thanks for posting all of this, Amanda. :hug: 

I'm glad Hannah has taken the time to educate herself and learn. And also good she called her fans out to not defend what she said/her action there. Sadly the stans won't listen. But she seems genuine with all of this, so this is good. :yes: 

*me reading through all the tweets about Lea Michele and finding out about HeMo*

This is currently only a Normani & Simone stan account from that season, thanks for coming to my TED Talk

Edited by Elliott

15 hours ago, Elliott said:

*me reading through all the tweets about Lea Michele and finding out about HeMo*

This is currently only a Normani & Simone stan account from that season, thanks for coming to my TED Talk

Heather is probably relieved that the Lea thing gained so much attention and took the heat off her :dead:

15 hours ago, 1234567890 said:

Leave HeMo out of this. :dead: It was deaf toned but her intentions were good even if cringe worthy. :haha:

Yeah I don’t think she meant badly at all. I just wish someone was able to be there and tell her not to post it :dead:

8 minutes ago, *Lily said:

Heather is probably relieved that the Lea thing gained so much attention and took the heat off her :dead:

8 minutes ago, *Lily said:

Yeah I don’t think she meant badly at all. I just wish someone was able to be there and tell her not to post it :dead:

I wasn’t referring to the dance. She’d posted ALM stuff earlier on, but seems to have deleted it after people pointed out the problem with the statements.

Just now, totes4totes said:

You cannot just say this and not link to the 🍵

She posted the ALM hashtags alongside the BLM hashtags in some of her earlier posts on her Instagram story before the and was vaguely “not ALL cops.” But, to her credit, she was responding to people educating her on the errors with her statements and stopped.

Just now, Elliott said:

She posted the ALM hashtags alongside the BLM hashtags in some of her earlier posts on her Instagram story before the and was vaguely “not ALL cops.” But, to her credit, she was responding to people educating her on the errors with her statements and stopped.

Wow can you believe the only people on Glee were Amber Riley and Samantha Ware!!!!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Elliott said:

I wasn’t referring to the dance. She’d posted ALM stuff earlier on, but seems to have deleted it after people pointed out the problem with the statements.

Oh I didn’t know this :/

Also on the Glee drama, someone posted a list of the cast controversies and added that Chord Overstreet is a Trump supporter. Kevin McHale replied “false”, and when asked what he was referring to, just said “Chord”. Not jumping to the defense of anyone else :wub: :dead:

All this info on HeMo is disappointing. :( 

I saw the Lea stuff too and #yikes. It’s crazy how many Glee cast members are being exposed like this and all of the controversies there have been in the years since the show ended.

Edited by *Amanda