2019 Dancing with the Stars Rankdown

Alex95

1 hour ago, Elliott said:

I followed Nick a while ago because he was hot, and I’ve been pleasantly surprised by the content he’s posted. I didn’t expect him to be the “woke” Bachelor but here we are.

My undergrad is friends with Nick's sister. (Because Nick has like 10 siblings) and omigod the Nick stories I get.

Anyway, I'm convinced that Hannah (or her publicist or both!) thought that this would all die down. But little did they not count on is that Listen to Your Heart sucked and entertained no Bachelor fan and because Clare Crawley's season hasn't filmed and isn't impending all we can focus on is the last seasons! And because Peter SUCKED and Hannah rebrought herself back to even greater relevance by spending part of quarantine LIVING with Tyler C she basically put herself back into the Bachelorette spotlight.

Honestly the smartest thing to do for Hannah would have been to accept Rachel's invitation to do an Instagram live where Rachel can talk about why saying the N-word is not appropriate in any way for white people and Hannah could have made a compassionate apology there and look like she learned something!

• Like 1

On 5/18/2020 at 9:12 PM, 1234567890 said:

Rachel didn't pick Peter. She flopped. :closedeyes:

Late to comment on this, but given that she married Bryan, she made a good choice in the long run.

Rachel has been vocal about not liking how her season was edited. She felt that they didn’t show enough of her & Bryan’s relationship and hated that they dragged out the Peter breakup for like 45 minutes in the finale while Bryan’s proposal felt like an afterthought.

I’m over Hannah at this point, honestly. Sucks as I liked her well enough. But this whole thing has been handled terribly. Between the awkward laughter in the first ‘denial’, then the half-assed statement, and then turning down the opportunity to speak with Rachel. Idk if she just wanted to try and avoid it ever happening but Rachel’s such an eloquent speaker that I think it could have been a really great conversation and teaching moment for Hannah (and a lot of her fans!).

There’s really no excuse for this decision to hide. Anything that she says now is gonna feel too PR-driven because of how silent and ignorant she has come across up to now.

11 minutes ago, *Amanda said:

Late to comment on this, but given that she married Bryan, she made a good choice in the long run.

Rachel has been vocal about not liking how her season was edited. She felt that they didn’t show enough of her & Bryan’s relationship and hated that they dragged out the Peter breakup for like 45 minutes in the finale while Bryan’s proposal felt like an afterthought.

Agreed - I feel the way the season was edited is why lots of people hated her season or her, even though we know why some people didn’t like her aka racism on reality tv competition. 

She’s probably in my top 5 bachelorette. 

Edited by *Chris

Just now, *Chris said:

I feel the way the season was edited is why lots of people hated her season or her

I'm sure the hatred for her during her season was because of the edit and not for the same reasons Asia, Shea, A'keria, Bob, etc. all were hated on in Drag Race.

9 minutes ago, *Amanda said:

That was the problem then. They focused too much on the Peter and Rachel story that picking Bryan seemed out of left field.

Just now, Elliott said:

I'm sure the hatred for her during her season was because of the edit and not for the same reasons Asia, Shea, A'keria, Bob, etc. all were hated on in Drag Race.

I did say that that we all know why people really didn't like her; lots of people used the editing as a way to explain their hatred for her. 

And about being over Hannah. I don't think one incident defines one person as a whole. She didn't handle it well all but I think some people are redeemable.

I don't even like The Bachelor series so I really have no horse in this race. I just don't like cancel culture. Unless it's rape, molestation, pedophilia, etc...

She could still make it right if wants to by accepting Rachel's invitation but hiding out is not helping.

• Like 1

On 5/18/2020 at 9:48 PM, *Lily said:

Repeated note that we deserved Rachel as the second Bachelorette on this show 🙂 

Regarding Bachelorette on the show, I also wish Kaitlyn would have been cast. 

I really wish they would cast more bachelorette than bachelors. 

Just now, *Chris said:

Regarding Bachelorette on the show, I also wish Kaitlyn would have been cast. 

I really wish they would cast more bachelorette than bachelors. 

The show did Kaitlyn super dirty with how they didn’t allow her to be on the cast and then let many Bachelors on, as well as Grocery Joe 🙄

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

Cancel culture isn't real.

You cancel people every other day. :dead: It's a thing just check Twitter. Is it effective and does it affect the people at hand? More often than not no. But it is a thing. Explain the thousands of #BlankIsOverParty

Just now, *Lily said:

The show did Kaitlyn super dirty with how they didn’t allow her to be on the cast and then let many Bachelors on, as well as Grocery Joe 🙄

Amen!

Bachelorettes I wanted on DWTS: Jillian, Kaitlyn, Rachel, Ashley.  Surprised they didn't try to get Andi or Josh, or Jojo & Jordan - one of my least favourite couple from the show #oops. 

Just now, 1234567890 said:

You cancel people every other day. :dead: It's a thing just check Twitter. Is it effective and does it affect the people at hand? More often than not no. But it is a thing. Explain the thousands of #BlankIsOverParty

Because none of them are actually over. Society calls people out for their mistakes and no one faces and repercussions. Every Big Brother season, the fans meltdown whenever white people are called out on their racist remarks because they fear they will never recover or get a job again or have any fans. And that never happens.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, *Lily said:

I don’t think her actions had malice, but I also want her apology to be genuine and not feel like she is doing it because she has to.

It has to feel genuine for sure. This is probably her first scandal so she doesn't know how to handle it or she has a very dumb PR team. It has to come from her first and foremost, obviously. She messed up from the start.

Just now, Alex95 said:

Because none of them are actually over. Society calls people out for their mistakes and no one faces and repercussions. Every Big Brother season, the fans meltdown whenever white people are called out on their racist remarks because they fear they will never recover or get a job again or have any fans. And that never happens.

I just said that. It's a thing but it's not effective. People who commit actual crimes like Bill Cosby, Harvey Weinstein and R. Kelly do have repercussions.

Cancel culture realistically has not had much impact outside of the social media bubble. With the exception of the most serious of examples. Particularly in music where someone gets cancelled every single day but it doesn’t really dent their career. Camila Cabello was cancelled by Twitter just the other month and she’s gonna be just fine.

Edited by *Lily

Just now, 1234567890 said:

I just said that. It's a thing but it's not effective. People who commit actual crimes like Bill Cosby, Harvey Weinstein and R. Kelly do have repercussions.

Then what do you have against "cancel culture" if you also agree it's not a thing? Maybe I misread what you originally said.

2 minutes ago, 1234567890 said:

It has to feel genuine for sure. This is probably her first scandal so she doesn't know how to handle it or she has a very dumb PR team. It has to come from her first and foremost, obviously. She messed up from the start.

Agreed, I think she will come back from this, but her next steps will be very important.

Just now, Alex95 said:

Then what do you have against "cancel culture" if you also agree it's not a thing? Maybe I misread what you originally said.

When people get cancelled for the smallest of issues. I'm not saying this is a small issue but it's redeemable imo. She can genuinely apologize for one, she could have a live with Rachel or go on Nick's podcast. And I said cancel culture is a thing just not effective.

10 minutes ago, *Lily said:

I don’t think her actions had malicious intentions, but I also want her apology to be genuine and not feel like she is doing it because she has to.

This!

I just think that hiding from all of this for so long is making it worse.

Edited by *Amanda
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, 1234567890 said:

When people get cancelled for the smallest of issues. I'm not saying this is a small issue but it's redeemable imo. She can genuinely apologize for one, she could have a live with Rachel or go on Nick's podcast. And I said cancel culture is a thing just not effective.

But why does it matter? If someone doesn't want to support someone anymore because they disagree with what they did or said that's their decision. If Hannah has the most genuine apology in the world, no one is obligated to forgive her. And she'll be fine still. She'll lose a few endorsements at worst, but then people will forget and she'll get them back and her life will return to normal. Like you said the only "permanently cancelled" people are those who commit actual crimes and are jail. There's nothing wrong with calling people out when they're in the wrong and lighting a fire under their ass to recognize their mistakes and work towards doing the right thing.