2019 Dancing with the Stars Rankdown

Alex95

LEA THOMPSON

i love them so much dancing with the stars GIF

Lea Thompson is an actress best known for her work in the iconic Back to the Future trilogy. On Dancing With the Stars, she was partnered with Artem Chigvintsev during season 19, which was his first season as a pro on that show. Perhaps foreshadowing nearly all of Artem's run on the show, she placed 6th. Her highest-rated routine was her contemporary, which scored a 39; her lowest-scored dance was her cha-cha-cha, which scored a 31. She actually had the highest score of the round twice throughout the season, and never actually obtained the lowest score for her entire run. Probably because legend Tommy Chong and Trump-supporter Sadie Robertson were still around. 😘 Anyway, I remember liking Lea on the show and thought she should've outlasted Tommy and Sadie, but I don't think she'd be on a list of all-time DWTS robberies. But she's an Artem partner, so I hate having to make this cut, but I wanted to make Willa Ford is safe.

SAVE: Willa Ford

willa ford GIF

13 hours ago, Elliott said:

I preferred it when Wally made the final decision 🙂 

You really should have saved Willa over Mischa. 😢  :/ 

12 hours ago, *Amanda said:

Willa was robbed on the show in favor of the likes of Jerry Springer (hopefully we can correct that in the redo thread).

Glad Lea was saved, though. Both could've survived if not for some questionable save choices.

Exactly to this. yes: 

I'm fine with Lea being saved as she shouldn't go this soon. I just preferred and connected more with Willa on the show. Do wish both could have been saved over others. :( 

Just woke up #livingindifferenttimezonestoeveryoneelse

My Nominees:

Courtney Act

Giselle Fernandez

Vivica A. Fox

Ian Ziering

Mario

Florence Henderson

Chris Jericho

Carson Kressley

William Levy

Christina Milian

Amy Purdy

Patti LaBelle

Kim Fields

Tonya Harding

Joe Amabile

Lauren Alaina

Florence Henderson

florence-henderson.jpg

I’m sad to cut Florence who was an absolute sweetheart. Unfortunately I think she is a fair cut at this point in the rankdown. Florence appeared on Season 11 where she was the second of Corky Ballas’ partners on the show. I loved how committed she was to the show and the personalities of the dances, in particular her Rumba! She went home after her Tango to the Brady Bunch theme, and came back for a cameo in Maureen‘s Brady Bunch themed routine in Season 23. Florence was always in the audience to support Maureen and was there to support her just days before her sad passing. The show has honoured her beautifully since with her own star on the dancefloor. She was a fantastic contestant but in terms of her time on the show I feel this is a fair time to eliminate her.

Saving Christina Milian

LAUREN ALAINA

Lauren Alaina Dwts GIF by Dancing with the Stars

Well since I already rightfully cut Ally Brooke, I’ll cut the other problem child from last season’s finale. Lauren Alaina is a “country” “singer” who first rose to prominence on the tenth season of American Idol, where every single week the judges talked about she was “in it to win it” and the Lauren from the auditions was back. Christ. On Dancing With the Stars, she was partnered with Gleb Savchenko, who always tries to choreograph routines greater than they come out to be. To be honest, I’m doing this write-up while waiting in the check out lane so I don’t have time to look up her run on Wikipedia. Most notably, she never scored any 10s until the finale. She only received 10s for her final dance, which was the freestyle. It scored higher than Kel’s because Len is racist. Okay, that’s it for now.

SAVE: Grocery Store Joe

i can certainly go there kim fields GIF

Cutting another celebrity that I cut during the 2nd edition of the rankdown; Kim Fields is best known for her acting gigs.

However, for many of us, she’s been known for her appearance on the Real Housewives, and on the 22nd season of Dancing With the Stars. She was partnered with Sasha and they lasted quite a while - they didn’t really have any outstanding routines but their best routine was their Samba which they scored 27 out of 30 which was also her last dance. She did improve week after week but at this point, this is a fair placement for her in this rankdown. 

SAVING: COURTNEY ACT

Chris Jericho

Chris Jericho Wrestlingmatch GIF by All Elite Wrestling on TNT

This should be safe. Once he switched over to AEW, so Victoria will not be angry. He might be one of the best pro wrestlers around. He is charismatic as heck. Too bad none of this translated to his dancing. He was devastating mediocre. I believe he was paired with Cheryl. It honestly does not matter. He was not good anyway. He did not win his season and I belive he lasted an appropriate amount of time. 

I guess I need to be more specific. He was on season 12 of the show. He got 7th place his season. His highest scoring dance was a Vienneze Waltz. His lowest scoring dance was his cha cha. His average score was 22.3. 

Save,

Tonya Harding because this is fun. 

Edited by aliasocfan