DWTS28 Week 9 Discussion Thread

*Lily

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol I was on cloud nine so didn't pay attention but did they say Cher is guest judging next week?

Cher's first appearance when she didn't know she had to say the score and instead just said "Cher" is legitimately one of my top 10 DWTS moments of all-time wow I'm ready for a repeat.

Lol I was on cloud nine so didn't pay attention but did they say Cher is guest judging next week?

Cher's first appearance when she didn't know she had to say the score and instead just said "Cher" is legitimately one of my top 10 DWTS moments of all-time wow I'm ready for a repeat.

OMG :dead:

Lol yeah Ally's obviously my #1 fave this season but I honestly wouldn't be that mad if she went next week, obviously it'd be sad but she's surpassed my expectations and she's not really getting robbed by anyone.

Ahh I'm just so happy it's over :wub: :wub:

Lol yeah Ally's obviously my #1 fave this season but I honestly wouldn't be that mad if she went next week, obviously it'd be sad but she's surpassed my expectations and she's not really getting robbed by anyone.

Ahh I'm just so happy it's over :wub: :wub:

She would be robbed by Lauren and Kel if she were to leave next week :*

She would be robbed by Lauren and Kel if she were to leave next week :*

I think in the past I'd have agreed, but honestly I was prepared for Sean to be in the finals and now I'm just happy that anyone who has a little bit of dance ability will make the final. My standards have never been lower :wub:

If S*an was in the top five, they should’ve made her a guest judge because you know damn well Cher would NOT hesitate to give him a 1.

As always, search for "TL;DR" for the summary.

When converting the judges' scores to ordinal points:

Ally & Sasha: 6

Kel & Witney: 5

James & Emma: 4

Hannah & Alan: 3

Lauren & Gleb: 2

Sean & Lindsay: 1

If that is then converted to percentages (like it is now), the spread becomes 23.81%.

Under the current scoring system, Sean and Lauren were separated by 4.8%. Under the old scoring system, the separation would only be 4.76%.

Also, if Sean got all 1's from the judges this week (8 points instead of 50), the total spread (under the current scoring system) would be 16.71%.

TL;DR:

Spread under current scoring system: 7.19%

Spread after converting to ordinal points then percentages: 23.81%

Tonight:

1. Kel & Witney - Paso Doble :*

2. Hannah & Alan - Tango

3. Lauren & Gleb - Rumba

4. Ally & Sasha - Jazz

5. James & Emma - Jazz

6. Kel & Witney - Viennese Waltz

7. Ally & Sasha - Samba

8. Lauren & Gleb - Quickstep

9. James & Emma - Jive

10. Hannah & Alan - Salsa

11. Sean & Jenna - Argentine Tango

12. Sean & Jenna - Foxtrot

1. Ally & Sasha - Jazz

2. Hannah & Alan - Tango

3. Kel & Witney - Viennese Waltz

4. Ally & Sasha - Samba

5. James & Emma - Jive

6. Kel & Witney - Paso Doble

7. James & Emma - Jazz

8. Lauren & Gleb - Quickstep

9. Hannah & Alan - Salsa

10. S**n & Jenna - Argentine Tango

Going to add in S**n's Foxtrot and Lauren's Rumba (which I only saw a little of) a bit later when I re-watch all the dances tomorrow, as I missed these. But then again, probably won't rewatch S**n.

I think in the past I'd have agreed, but honestly I was prepared for Sean to be in the finals and now I'm just happy that anyone who has a little bit of dance ability will make the final. My standards have never been lower :wub:

I mean Ally is not my favorite but in taking into account their whole journey the rightfully top 3 should be James, Ally and Hannah at this moment.