Victoria - 16/20
Sola - 17/20
Nico - 18/20
Megan - 18/20
Dee - 19/20

JAMES
002. SCRAGGY (#559)

IPB Image

Consider me delightfully shocked and utterly giddy when I was able to put Scraggy through to the Top 20! :w00tbounce: I never would have expected this. As someone who adores the Black/White games, I already had love for it. But it became even more endearing to me with each relentless save! I remember being devastated when VicTRAITORia an anonymous player caused its early departure. Mercifully, we were all given the chance to bring one more back into the game, and thus began Scraggy's epic comeback kid fairytale trip all the way to the endgame. Truly an astonishing plight! (Which were aided by those last dozen immunities, indubitably!) Literally pleased with whatever placement it obtains.

IPB Image

But enough jabberwocky. Scraggy is an adorkable, spunky, derpy Pokémon with a uniquely offbeat design. It hails from Gen. V, and is a dual-type Dark/Fighting combination known as the "Shedding Pokémon". It has a propensity for headbutting random strangers and instigating many a brouhaha. It evolves into the equally quirky Scrafty (known as the "Hoodlum Pokémon") starting at Level 39. OY, I love this line. :wub:

IPB Image

Scraggy can be found at several Unova region locations throughout White/Black. One can capture it early on in the deep sand surrounding the Desert Resort, and its adjacent Route 4. You may also spot it along the dead-end Route 18 (once believed to be contiguous with said Desert Resort) or back along Route 1 amidst the tall grass. blink.gif Another later option is the P2 Laboratory.

Well, it will be interesting to see where it lands. Congrats on making the Top 20! :wave:

IPB Image

STEVEN
SCRAGGY
IPB Image

Scraggy, classified as the Shedding Pokémon, is a dual Dark and Fighting type introduced in Generation V. Scraggy can evolve into Scrafty at level 39. Scraggy is a lizard-like Pokémon, but its got a quirky appearance with its perpetually exposed teeth and molted skin resembling baggy pants. According to its Pokédex entry, Scraggy is so proud of its sturdy skull and will headbutt anything (especially anyone who makes eye contact with it). As for Pokémon battles, Scraggy has a unique typing with both Fighting and Dark. And with the access to Dragon Dance, Scraggy can end up working as a sweeper on a trainer's team. Anyway, I doubt Scraggy would've make it this far in the rankdown if it wasn't for James. So, kudos to James on having Scraggy here in this Top 20.

IPB Image

VICTORIA
Scraggy

IPB Image

Props to James for getting this Pokémon to the finals but how and why? Scraggy makes the top 20 but Pikachu was denied? Some of you are Boo Boo the Fool tbh. I guess I'm Boo Boo the Fool because I'm the one who had a plan that failed. :dead: Especially when some of ya'll sent PM's trying to get Scraggy cut but made deals afterward. I had to laugh. James did me wrong in this rankdown at times but he also came through sometimes as well which is why Scraggy isn't dead last. I got love for you, James, but I am glad this rankdown is over and I hope Scraggy ranks low. But maybe you made some deals? I don't know. Scraggy is a dual-type Dark/Fighting Pokémon introduced in Generation V. It evolves into Scrafty starting at level 39. It's known as the Shedding Pokémon and it could have stayed eliminated the first time and nothing of value would have been lost.

SOLA
I appreciate Scrafty, and the only reason Scraggy is here is because of James. Scraggy is full on derp mode. The line is okay, but it’s nothing to write home about. It’s a dark and fighting dual type Pokémon from Gen 5. One Gen later that gave us Pancham and Pangoro which are way cooler, so why couldn’t they be here instead? Scraggy has the stats similar to a starter Pokémon, aka not good. His dual typing makes him 4 times week to fire, but 4 times resistant to Dark. I guess that’s the trade-off. It also gets immunity to psychic attacks. I don’t have anything exciting to say about Scraggy, it’s here and that’s about it.

REI

IPB Image

Kudos to James for getting Scraggy into the top 20!
Up until the very last moment Scraggy was being last, but thanks to James's high place and him tanking Starmie, Scraggy was able to surpass Starmie in the last moment.
To be honest I don't think Scraggy deserves to be in the top 20 but James fought hard for Scraggy and no one was really targeting so it is understandable how it made it to the end. Scraggy is a dark/fighting lizard-like Pokemon introduced during Generation 5 also known as my least favorite Generation. The Dark/Fighting combination is a dream for me since Dark is my favorite type and fighting is in my top 5 too. Scraggy is a cute little guy who I really relate cause that's exactly how I look when I decide to not wear a belt and have to keep holding by pants so they don't fall. Scraggy evolves into Scrafty starting at level 39 something I would be re-experiencing have I purchased Sword instead of Shield, so I must wait till I have a get a friend with Sword so I can trade and get Scraggy. If you get a Scraggy early on your playthoughs, it can be useful as its stats are good for a pokemon not evolved with solid attack, defense and sp. defense but poor speed and HP. Is only weak to fighting, flying and fairy, so it has that going for him too. However, since you have to wait until level 39 to evolve it into Scrafty, you might as well get another pokemon that evolves faster and will give you an evolved form with better stats. Like the Grimmsnarl line :wub: . Overall, I like Scraggy well enough and if this top 20 was based just on cuteness he will be up there on the top for me, but it is not so this is more than a fair ranking for Scraggy. My ranking: 17/20

MEGAN
Scraggy
IPB Image

Hopefully my Scraggy gif shows up. Right along with Krookodile (whose write-up I may be spoiling if Scraggy appears first but now you know the order that I wrote them in), Scraggy is a dark-type Pokemon with a goofy punk design and I love that. As far as both fighting and dark types go, Scraggy is not my favorite but it’s a fun Pokemon with a fun design and I admire that.

NICO
I don’t dislike it (I probably like it more than Piplup and Decidueye if I’m being honest), but I have an agenda for Dark and Fighting pokemon, so I will tank it a little to make sure it happens. It’s a solid pokemon (with the exception of that terrible 4x weakness to fairy types), but you can make good use of it thanks to how defensive it is, and even more so with Scrafty, that thing is a wall. The speed leaves a lot to be desired, which is a big drag since it can’t really defend itself against fairy types that well. Anyway, good job on getting this far.

DEE
#19. Scraggy (Generation V)

IPB Image

kuyJb96VBUs

So I lied. Scraggy is another Pokémon that I simply cannot bring myself to write much about because I actually dislike Scraggy pretty actively. Scraggy is another WTF choice for the finals of this game, but congratulations to James for fighting hard enough to push him to this point of the competition. Objectively, Scraggy is my least favorite Pokémon of this finalist bunch, but my pettiness could not allow me to rank Scraggy last. Known as The Shedding Pokémon, Scraggy is a dual-type Dark/Fighting Pokémon introduced during Generation V. Scraggy evolves into Scrafty starting at Level 39. Those are the basics that I will list because I am sure James will write far more about this poorly-designed creature than I intend to.

Will do :thumbs:

I was impressed!

Also you kept giving immunities to Pokémon that were not in your top 5 so the fact that they all managed to make it far was really impressive!

Thanks! I realized halfway through the rankdown that if I wanted the controversial faves (Chandelure and Aegislash robbed) to go far, they were gonna need a lot more help than, let's say, Feraligatr (the only pokemon in my Top 5 to not make Top 20). But there were also so many close calls lmao