Dee - 13/20
Steven - 14/20
Megan - 15/20
Nico - 17/20
Victoria - 18/20

JAMES
004. KROOKODILE (#553)

IPB Image

Just overjoyed that I managed to help Krookodile make its way into the Top 20! :wub: Almost couldn't believe it. As someone who loves Gen. V in general, this line is one of my favorites. Love each of the cool crocs! Wherever it places, I'll be pretty content with it. Simply the fact that it's here is wonderful. HELL, it winning the Ground typing relay was impressive enough!

Krookodile is a dual-type Ground/Dark combination, known as the "Intimidation Pokémon". It evolves from the nifty Krokorok starting at Level 40, after it has evolved from the adorable Sandile as early as Level 29. While those two feature a tan coat, Krookodile displays a red sheen with black stripes. So suave. B)

IPB Image

One cannot locate Krookodile already evolved throughout the Unova region, as you can imagine. You can capture Krokorok at the Relic Castle in Black/White though. You can also locate Sandile there as well, though you're better off nabbing it early on along Route 4 and its adjacent Desert Resort. It's worth wading through the deep sand in lieu of tall grass, catching it, adding it to your party, and evolving it....If I do say so myself.;)

Well, it will be interesting to see where it lands. Congrats on making the Top 20! :wave:

IPB Image

SOLA
Krookodile:
This Pokémon is a baller. One of the few likable gen 5 Pokémon in my opinion. Krookodile evolves from Krokorok at level 40 (which evolved from Sandile at level 29). The whole evolution line is fun. Krookodile gets a nice combo typing of Dark and ground, rendering it immune to electric and psychic type attacks. It also gets resistances to Poison, Rock, ghost and Dark moves. Krookodile is a physical hitter, so he loves Earthquake, his favorite skill. He also gets to round out his move set with Crunch and Outrage. A very nice Pokémon to have on a team and an absolute must from Gen 5. Dark types are plentiful in this final ranking, and it isn’t my absolute favorite of them.

DEE
#13. Krookodile (Generation V)

IPB Image

VQ8FHvdrSf4

Krookodile <3

The Intimidation Pokémon, Krookodile is a dual-type Ground/Dark Pokémon introduced to the series during Generation V. Krookodile is the final evolutionary form of Sandile, evolving from Krokorok starting at Level 40. Krookodile has an intimidating countenance that it uses to harshly stare at foes. With powerful jaws capable of destroying an automobile and powerful eyes to see up to great distances, Krookodile's violent temper is extremely terrifying. Krookodile is known to clamp down on any moving object and will do everything in its power to not let prey escape. Krookodile coexists well with Flygon in searching for food. Krookodile will conceal itself in sandstorms created by Flygon and will wait patiently for prey to appear, even if they are at a distance of 30 miles away.

Krookodile uses the starting abilities of Intimidate and Moxie, and uses the hidden ability of Anger Point. Medium Slow Leveling Rate. 11.9% Catch Rate. EV Yield 3 Attack. Base stat total of 509 during Generation V, which was increased to 519 during Generation VI. All stats are good, with Special Defense of 70 being the lowest stat. The type effectiveness creates some pretty bad weaknesses for Krookodile: Fighting, Bug, Water, Ice, Fairy, and Grass species. However, Krookodile is immune to both Electric and Psychic Pokémon. Super solid. Its also resistant to Poison, Rock, Dark, and Ghost species. Not the most powerful moveset, but I appreciate that Krookodile actually has a ton of Ground and Dark moves to learn.

Krookodile is just a super cool Pokémon that absolutely deserved to make the finals. Unique type combination. Awesome personality. Slick design. I mean, Krookodile is literally a crocodilian (potentially a caiman or even a Baryonyx) criminal. What is not to love? Krookodile deserves a good final placement!

STEVEN
KROOKODILE
IPB Image

Krookodile, classified as the Intimidation Pokémon, is a dual Ground and Dark type introduced in Generation V. Krookodile is the final evolved form of Sandile. Sandile evolves into Krokorok at level 29, and then Krokorok evolves into Krookodile at level 40. Krookodile is a bipedal gator-like Pokémon with a maroon body. According to its Pokédex entry, Krookodile's jaws are so powerful that they're strong enough to crush a car. Krookodile also has very good eyesight and is capable of detecting prey more than 30 miles away (even in a sandstorm). As for Pokémon battles, Krookodile's best stat is its Attack, but it has solid stats overall. Krookodile isn't a Pokémon I expected to see here in this final group, but I know James really likes it. So, kudos to him for being able to get Krookodile to the end of this game.

IPB Image

MEGAN
Krookodile
IPB Image

I think Dark Types may be some of my favorite designs in all of Pokemon. They range from really cool to really goofy. And Krookodile lands on the goofy side. I think we all know that in Japan the dark-type is known as the evil-type and designs like Krookodile really lean into that punk stereotype of the dark-type. Anyway, Krookodile is a ground and dark type Pokemon that is most notable for looking like it’s going to steal your purse from you only to get caught real quick and regretfully and tearfully give it back to you.

NICO
17. Krookodile
Same as with Scraggy, but just for Dark types. Also it’s really well designed (even if a part of me wishes it stayed as a quadrupedal pokemon like Sandile, but that’s me nitpicking). It’s a Gen 5 ground / dark dual type pokemon, and it evolves at level 40. And you can make good use of it. Great attack, solid speed, and an interesting typing for sure (it has a lot of resistances, weaknesses and 2 immunities, so be careful against what you use it). Plus Intimidate is always nice to have on any pokemon, and Krookodile makes good use of it.

VICTORIA
Krookodile

IPB Image

I do not like this Pokémon. It's not cool. It's not hip. I could have left a long time ago. I kept it along for a friend even though they cut Jigglypuff from underneath me like a thief in the night and got rid of Bulbasaur bedside they were threatened. My write-ups are bitter. Oops. It's laughable this Pokémon made the finals but not surprised with the rankers involved. They complain about randoms and cut notable Pokémon. It's not rocket science. Krookodile is a dual-type Ground/Dark Pokémon introduced in Generation V. It evolves from Krokorok starting at level 40. It is the final form of Sandile. It's known as the Intimidation Pokémon but that did not stop me from ranking it #18.

REI

IPB Image
I've never been really attached to Krookodile but I like Krookodile well enough. It is a fun pokemon with a cool design though. Krookodile will work with Flygon while looking for food so that makes Krookodile a much more interesting pokemon already, cause my love for Flygon knows no end :wub: . Another cool thing about Krookodile is the dark/ground type and as I said before dark is my favorite type so that's another plus for Krookodile. I never saw Krookodile reaching the finals, I just saw it like someone who was slipping through the cracks while bigger names were being targeted. Little did I know that James was working hard to keep this little guy safe, so congrats to James for that. My ranking: 19/20

Dee:

13. Krookodile

16. Piplup

19. Scraggy

20. Starmie

James:

02. Scraggy

04. Krookodile

18. Piplup

19. Starmie

Megan:

15. Krookodile

18. Scraggy

19. Piplup

20. Starmie

Nico:

14. Starmie

16. Piplup

17. Krookodile

18. Scraggy

Rei:

15. Starmie

17. Scraggy

19. Krookodile

20. Piplup

Sola:

03. Starmie

04. Piplup

11. Krookodile

17. Scraggy

Steven:

14. Krookodile

15. Scraggy

17. Piplup

19. Starmie

Victoria:

03. Piplup

15. Starmie

16. Scraggy

18. Krookodile

I am killing it

But also my #1 is gonna show up first

if it's Noivern it deserves better :(

also I'm doing better than I expected but my #1 is gonna be the first to show up from my Top 7 so that's gonna balance it out :haha:

16. MILOTIC

IPB Image

Avg: 12.86

Steven - 3/20
Sola - 6/20
Nico - 12/20
Victoria - 14/20
Megan - 17/20
Dee - 18/20
James - 20/20

STEVEN
MILOTIC
IPB Image

Milotic is one of my favorite Pokémon, so I'm happy to see Milotic here in the Top 20. Although, I was surprised to see Milotic make it this far. My plan was to save Milotic from elimination whenever possible until its eventual elimination. However, due to how the cuts played out, Milotic is still here in the Top 20 and is the sole representative for Generation III. I've had a Milotic on a few of my Pokémon teams, so it's another Pokémon I have a bit of an attachment to. It's also very difficult to get a Milotic in Pokémon Sapphire and Pokémon Ruby, but thankfully the process is a bit easier in later generations. Nonetheless, the game makes you work to attain a Milotic, so you can't help but feel a sense of achievement when you finally add Milotic to your Pokédex. And the hard work pays off as Milotic has always been a reliable Water type in the teams I've included it in. I doubt Milotic will get a high overall ranking in this game, but Milotic is one of my all-time favorites and gets the #3 spot on my ranking.

Milotic, classified as the Tender Pokémon, is a Water type introduced in Generation III. Milotic is the evolved form of Feebas. Prior to Generation V, a Feebas can evolve into Milotic when a high level of Beauty is achieved. From Generation V and forward, Feebas evolves into Milotic when traded while holding a Prism scale. Milotic is an aquatic Pokémon resembling a sea serpent, but with a more beautiful design. According to its Pokédex entry, Milotic is widely regarded as the most beautiful Pokémon there is. Its scales are rainbow colored and will change colors depending on the angle. Milotic is also capable of releasing a pulsing energy that can soothe anyone who gazes upon it. Milotic lives at the bottom of lakes, but it will reveal itself to calm people's minds and hearts when necessary. As for Pokémon battles, Milotic is a great defensive Pokémon thanks to its bulk and high Defense and Special Defense stats. This is also increased with its Marvel Scale ability. All of Milotic's stats are great with the exception of Attack, but that's okay. A Milotic with a Modest nature and Special Attack moves will be of great aid to a trainer who uses it. I've been able to rely on Milotic on all the teams I've had one included. It's a great Pokémon that's worth the time it takes to get one.

Overall, I really like Milotic and I'm glad to see it here in the Top 20. I didn't expect Milotic to make it here, so it's a pleasant surprise. I'm expecting to be the ranker who ranks Milotic the highest, but that's okay. Even though Milotic won't likely win, I'm just happy to see Milotic here in the finals, as well as being the last Generation III Pokémon standing.

IPB Image

SOLA
Milotic:
The last standing Gen 3 Pokémon, and probably well deserved. It’s a beautiful Pokémon and one of the only appealing Pokémon from Gen 3. While I do prefer Flygon, Milotic was a close second. Milotic is a water type, and it’s known as the Tender Pokémon. You evolve it from the really crappy Pokémon feebas. Those fish that always snag your rod that you never actually want. The magikarp of gen 3 basically. It evolves when traded holding the prism scale (previously when it had a high beauty stat). Milotic has some good bulk with decent defense, good hit points and great special defense. It is only weak to grass and electric type moves and the marvelous scale ability gives it more bulk when it’s affected with a status condition. It gets some decent coverage moves from dragon abilities, and some strong STAB water moves. It was a good member of my team every time I started with Treecko.

REI

IPB Image
Milotic is another pokemon that I never though would reach the finals but unlike most of them this is a placement that I'm thrilled for :wub: Milotic is a fantastic beautiful pokemon. I'm usually not very fond of pure-type water pokemon but Milotic is one of the few exceptions. Milotic and Feebas are essentially the Magikarp and Gyarados of Gen III, however I much prefer Milotic over not-dragon Gyarados. To be honest the ways to obtain Milotic during Gen III games was not the easiest but it was totally worth it after you get your hands on that beautiful pokemon. In later generations, one would have to trade Feebas with the Prism Scale in order to obtain a Milotic. Or better yet you can just wander near the Lake of Outrage in Shiled and Milotic will gladly be waiting there for you to capture it :wub: , looking beautiful of course. Milotic has impressive stats of 540 which makes it a great addition to any team having really high special attack and defense, so just teach it Hydro Pump and the rest is done :wub: . Its only weaknesses are electric and grass with 4 resistances in ice, steel, water and fire. As the Generation III stan of this rankdown, I'm super glad that Milotic is here as it is one of my top favorites from that Generation, a Generation that should have at least 5 pokemon in this top 20 but well I guess Piplup really needed that spot :rolleyes:My ranking: 9/20

NICO
12. Milotic
Sometimes I’m a simple bitch and I like things bc they are pretty. This is one of those things. Milotic is just a really pretty pokemon, bc it doesn’t really provide that much outside of that. It’s pretty bulky and can be run as an annoying wall (one of my faves) but you have better options for that title. It was also one of the hardest to get pokemon back in Gen 3. Only a few randomly generated fishing spots on a region that was filled to the brim with water? Who thought that was a good idea??? At least it was limited to just one route, bc imagine trying to look for it in the entire region under those conditions. The you had to raise Beauty for contests high enough lmao, so much work (this all got changed in later generations to trade evolution brokenheart.gif). But still, it’s so pretty that I can help but like it, so yeah, this is where it lands.

VICTORIA
Milotic

IPB Image

It's a a shame we couldn't get rid all of Gen III but I had to get rid of Feraligatr as a favor to someone else because I'm such a giver. I literally know nothing about this Pokémon and probably still won't after this write-up. I do not care about Gen III or anything after to tbh. There are some exceptions though. Milotic is a Water-type Pokémon introduced in Generation III. Congrats, Sola? I guess ? You wanted a Generations represented and they are. So Milotic evolves from Feebas when leveled up with its Beauty condition high enough or from Generation V onward when traded holding a Prism Scale. Not here for all these conditions when evolving. It can rank low for all I care. It's classified as the Tender Pokémon but I was not tender with my ranking. It appears Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS. Coo story, bro.

MEGAN
Milotic
IPB Image

I guess if any Gen III Pokemon were to make the Top 20 at least Milotic is the best choice.

Here’s another line for you Rei.

DEE
#18. Milotic (Generation III)

IPB Image

gADc28GiV8o

The Tender Pokémon, Milotic is a Water-type Pokémon introduced to the series during Generation III. Congratulations to Milotic for being the last Gen III species standing, even if I really wanted Miltoic to be eliminated during those final rounds. Generation III is really one of the weakest generations, and Milotic is certainly a really generic Water-type species that does not stand out as the best that generation has to offer. Though I digress. Milotic evolves from Feebas when leveled up with a significantly high Beauty condition, or when traded holding a Prism Scale (introduced during Generation V). Milotic uses Marvel Scale or Competitive as starting abilities, with its hidden ability being Cute Charm. Milotic has a 14.8% Catch Rate and exhibits an erratic Leveling Rate.

This water serpent is said to be the most beautiful of all Pokémon, which is funny considering it just looks like a long worm. Milotic serves as an inspiration for many artists, having its rainbow-colored scales depicted in many paintings and statues. Milotic live in the deep, clear waters of lakes. At the signal of any fighting, Milotic will emerge from the depths and soothe feelings of anger by emitting calming frequencies from its body. When emitting these becalming waves, Milotic's body will glow a vivid pink. Though Milotic is able to make others forget their combative spirits and bitter feuding, do not be fooled; is also quite skilled in battle.

Milotic's stats hold up pretty well. Base stat total is 540, with an Attack stat of 60 being the only glaring weakness. Four resistances (Steel, Fire, Water, Ice) and only two weaknesses to Grass and Electric species make Milotic pretty useful in combat. Solid Water move set that starts off with Water Pulse and Water Gun. No complaints there.

There have also been numerous major appearances of Milotic throughout the anime and manga series. We've seen Milotic in numerous battles, but yet I still have not become attached in any way. Why you ask? Because Milotic is just a rip-off of Gyrados in every way. Literally. Every. Single. Way. And Gyrados is far more iconic and legendary? So why not just choose the original? That's about all I have to say on Milotic. Good job on getting Milotic to the finals Steven, but I cannot bring myself to rank it highly. LOL.

JAMES
020. MILOTIC (#350)

IPB Image

Milotic is a beautiful, majestic Pokémon from Gen. III's Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald games. Much to Megan's dismay, it is representing for the third generation in the Top 20. :dead: I had hoped that would have been Gardevoir, but after Steven lost so many, I couldn't bear to see it get cut and dwindle his number of faves even further. Alas, it has escaped the axe quite a bit. I feel like it might rank too high, so I'm giving it a lower ranking, primarily due to Water abundance.

Obviously, it is a pure Water-type, which evolves from the much less visually appealing Feebas. This is similar to the floppy flop Magikarp evolving into the beastly (yet absurdly not Dragon-type) Gyarados. Feebas will evolve into Milotic when leveled-up with its "Beauty condition high enough". From Gen. V onward, it will evolve when traded while holding a Prism Scale. How extra! :*

This majestical Milotic is known as the "Tender Pokémon". Throughout the Hoenn region, Milotic cannot be captured on its own. You must catch and evolve Feebas. You may do so along Route 119, at six distinct fishing spots! :w00t: You know, if you really want to....

Well, it will be interesting to see where it lands. Congrats on making the Top 20! :wave:

IPB Image

Dee:

13. Krookodile

16. Piplup

18. Milotic

19. Scraggy

20. Starmie

James:

02. Scraggy

04. Krookodile

18. Piplup

19. Starmie