Nico - 14/20
Victoria - 15/20
James - 19/20
Steven - 19/20
Megan - 20/20
Dee - 20/20

SOLA
Starmie:
:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: What, Starmie isn’t ranked number 1? It’s my favorite Pokémon, but I am going to rank two other Pokémon higher as both are in my Top 5 ever, and have a better shot at getting far in the finals.

I am surprised that Starmie is in this Top 20, since I expected it to go out last round. It’s my favorite Pokémon and I love that it’s made it this far (even if I had to drag it here). I can’t even really describe why I love Starmie, it’s always just resonated with me. I found it criminally underutilized in the first season of the anime, in favor of Psyduck of all Pokémon. It’s just a cool concept for a Pokémon. I hope one day it gets a new version or something to show it some love.

Starmie is a Generation 1 Pokémon, and evolves from Staryu when exposed to a water stone. Starmie has the dual typing of Water and Psychic. It is a genderless Pokémon and has a couple of great options for traits. I have enjoyed Natural Cure Starmie, because I could remove status ailments by switching to another Pokémon. Analytic was a fantastic hidden ability though, due to how fast Starmie is.

Mechanically Starmie’s best stat is Speed, and followed by special attack. It’s got a BST of 520, so it’s a solid Pokémon. Its dual typing makes it vulnerable to Bug, Grass, Ghost, Dark and Electric type moves. It gets a number of resistances though to Steel, Fire, Ice, fighting, Psychic and Water.

I tend to use Starmie to inflict status ailments. You will typically find my Starmie with 4 of 5 abilities: Thunderbolt (for paralysis), Scald (for a Strong STAB move with Analytic, and burn), Ice beam (for type coverage against grass, and frozen), Psychic (strong STAB move) or Recover (for healing). It’s a very versatile Pokémon and I can always find a use for it on my team.

So long story short, I have a lot of love for Starmie and I appreciate Victoria for helping me get it to the finals. I fully expect Starmie to get 20th place, but the fact that it’s here is an achievement for me.

NICO
Conngrats to Sola for bringing Starmie all the way to the end. I’m really curious about where it ends up in the final ranking, but I’m a bigger fan of other Gen 1 pokemon and of other water type pokemon, so it ends up falling here. I feel like the worst part about it is the design. It’s not bad at all, but as generations have passed it just looks so uninspired and too simple for my taste. But it makes up for it by being a quite good pokemon both in-game and in competitive. Great speed, solid special attack, and reasonably decent defenses, which paired with a good typing combo make it really easy to use. Maybe it could get a better ability (Analytic is a flop with its speed, so Natural Cure is the only decent-ish option imo). But even with that, really good pokemon, which is a feat given it was introduced so long ago.

VICTORIA
Starmie

IPB Image

Oh, look who we have here. The Pokémon Sola did no favors for at and made enemies along the way for it to make the finals. That is not how you play a rankdown. You play to win and you Sola failed. You got your favorite in over mine so you won there. CONGRATS. I would not be surprised if Starmie lands at number 20 and I wouldn't blame the voters at all. I thought about ranking Starmie at number 20 for the LOL's but number 15 is close enough. Starmie is a dual-type Water/Psychic Pokémon introduced in Generation I. It evolves from Staryu when exposed to a Water Stone. How is this Starmie classified as a Psychic Pokémon? What a disgrace. The only thing I like about Starmie is Misty. It's classified as the Mysterious Pokémon. Just like how it's a mystery it made it here. Oh, yeah? It's because Sola had unlimited saves that kept people from touching it and when I was going to refuse to agree with Sola to have it eliminated he sent James a PM about how he was going to get revenge on me. :dead: Revenge how? Pikachu is gone. You can't hurt me.

REI

IPB Image
Here comes public enemy number one :haha: I didn't know Starmie was going to be one of the most polarizing pokemon in this Rankdown and I find it absolutely hilarious. My thinking was that if you were able to carry your top favorites to the top 100 then I would give you the tools to help you make them reach the end. Some of you definitely took advantage of it cause otherwise Starmie, Scraggy and Charizard would not be here at all. Now onto Starmie, I don't think Starmie is top 20 material at all. Starmie is not one of my top Gen I favorites but is not also at the bottom either, I think maybe around the top 50 from that generation. Starmie was first introduced to me as Misty's strongest Pokemon during the first season at the anime and it was always my favorite Pokemon from her team. During the Gen I games, Starmie was also a great pokemon with a good type combination of Water/Psychic and also solid stats that made it a nice addition to your team. Unfortunately for Starmie, as of now there's like a gazillion of water Pokemon with many that are more interesting that Starmie, meaning that I wouldn't have a Starmie on my team now. Anyways, kudos to Sola for working hard and carrying Starmie to the end and for better of worse Starmie will be always remember for its participation in this Rankdown :haha:
My ranking: 15/20

JAMES
019. STARMIE (#121)

IPB Image

Hm, I wonder how many people who threatened to tank Starmie will actually do so? :haha: Ought to be interesting. Starmie being the last Psychic-type standing is odd, because I seldom associate it with that type; it's always a Water-type in most minds. But I had to sacrifice Kadabra, and we lost Gardevoir before that. Thus, kudos on that achievement?

Starmie is a Gen. I Pokémon, known as the "Mysterious Pokemon". It evolves from Staryu when exposed to a Water Stone. As aforementioned, it is a dual-type Water/Psychic combo; Staryu is purely Water though. Another difference is their appearances. Whereas Staryu has 5 points and a goldenrod body, Starmie has 10 points and a silvery gray body. Both have a ruby-esque center, surrounded by a golden plate. Pretty! :))

Now, don't expect to just stumble upon a Starmie somewhere in Kanto, or any subsequent region. You must capture a Staryu, then evolve it. You may do so by either surfing or fishing with a Super Rod at the Seafoam Islands; along Routes 119, 120, and 121; or at Cinnabar Island. And those are just the Red/Blue locations! :whistling: In Yellow, another option includes Vermilion City Harbor, as well as Pallet Town. (Upon your circuitous journey's latter stages, of course.) Plenty more locales in Johto as well!

Well, it will be interesting to see where it lands. Congrats on making the Top 20! :wave:

IPB Image

STEVEN
STARMIE
IPB Image

Starmie, classified as the Mysterious Pokémon, is a dual Water and Psychic type introduced in Generation I. Starmie is the evolved form of Staryu, which Staryu can evolve into when exposed to a Water Stone. Starmie is a starfish-like Pokémon with a jewel in its core. According to its Pokédex entry, Starmie's core can glow in seven colors and is capable of sending out radio signals. It's suspected that Starmie may have ties to outer space. As for Pokémon battles, Starmie can be quite reliable due to its high stats in both Speed and Special Attack. I've never used a Starmie in any of my teams, but I still like Starmie well enough. Nonetheless, I'm still giving Starmie a very low ranking due to some of the shenanigans that occurred throughout this rankdown.

IPB Image

MEGAN
Starmie

Objectively, Pokemon would be no different a franchise and also potentially a better franchise if Starmie didn’t exist.

DEE
#20. Starmie (Generation I)

IPB Image

9p6DSVyyT8k

Starmie is a star. Starmie is Sola's favorite Pokémon. That unfortunate fact means Starmie ranks last for me. Sola could never be honest enough to admit that he was actively working against me and our deals to earn Starmie a spot as the top-ranking Gen I Pokémon. Good for him. But because he could not own this simple fact, Starmie ranks last and does not receive one of my glorious final write-ups. Because there is zero justification for one of those write-ups and zero reason for Starmie to rank this highly. Top Psychic Pokémon? LOLOLOLOLOLOL. So hopefully Sola covers all the basics and stats because this is where I finish this write-up before I become even more petty.

here for it :wub:

also unlike Sola thank god I kept a lot of my faves secret till the very end :dead:

I have 3 of my Top 5 in this Top 20, and my entire Top 5 made the second last round, I think I did fine.

I don't think anyone knows both of my Top 2.

Keep posting Rei!

Will do :thumbs:

here for it :wub:

also unlike Sola thank god I kept a lot of my faves secret till the very end :dead:

I was impressed!

Also you kept giving immunities to Pokémon that were not in your top 5 so the fact that they all managed to make it far was really impressive!