The Drag Race Rankdown #2

Elliott

Little Richard should’ve been a solo win for Snatch Game. I’d even say Pearl’s Big Ang was better than Ginger’s Adele. But I also thought Ginger should’ve won that season so it is what it is. :haha: 

You’re the only person I’ve seen who liked that lip sync. It usually gets ranked as the worst from that season. Demi deserved better.

7 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Little Richard should’ve been a solo win for Snatch Game. I’d even say Pearl’s Big Ang was better than Ginger’s Adele. But I also thought Ginger should’ve won that season so it is what it is. :haha: 

You’re the only person I’ve seen who liked that lip sync. It usually gets ranked as the worst from that season. Demi deserved better.

maybe i ranked it higher for the song :P.   I do love that song.  Miss Fame didn't bring anything to it.  I liked Pearl though.  Ginger should though, I agree.

1 minute ago, Deeee said:

Really Don't Care is one of the worst lip-syncs in the history of the show. Miss Fame and Pearl both should have been sent home for that disappointment. 

just a few spots above No Scrubs! 

1 minute ago, *Chris said:

just a few spots above No Scrubs! 

Honestly.

And while I love Ginger's impersonation of Adele, definitely not the best Snatch Game performance that had happened by Season 7. Jinkx + BenDeLaCreme would like a word.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Deeee said:

Jinkx + BenDeLaCreme would like a word.

And Tatianna. 😘

I would also add Chad but that was to be expected since that’s literally his career even if Derrick Berry could never

2 minutes ago, ~Tom~ said:

I like the Max appreciation, but Miss Fame in last and calling her unlikable?? 

She was unlikable.  Max though <3.  I thought my appreciation of her would be random haha.

Just now, Solaris said:

She was unlikable.  Max though <3.  I thought my appreciation of her would be random haha.

Considering how she consoled Katya when she was down about her drug use, I thought she was one of the most likable. Max had a unique style that I liked. Too bad she bombed her Snatch Game by doing Sharon Needles. :wacko: 

Just now, ~Tom~ said:

Considering how she consoled Katya when she was down about her drug use, I thought she was one of the most likable. Max had a unique style that I liked. Too bad she bombed her Snatch Game by doing Sharon Needles. :wacko: 

Agreed.  I don't think they should do past drag queens in Snatch game.  

3 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

Nobody:

Max as Sharon Needles: ohohohohohohoho

What's the best place to put AS2 for watch order??? After S7 or S8? 

They told me After Season 8?  I am watching Season 8 first :P

8 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

What's the best place to put AS2 for watch order??? After S7 or S8? 

It was filmed after S8 and also aired after S8. So after S8 and before S9 is naturally the only correct answer.

People try to argue you can watch it before S8 since it doesn't feature anyone from S8 on it (as a result of them being filmed back-to-back), but S8's premiere features all of the winners to date. Since Violet is presented as the incumbent champion in that challenge, that's my argument that those people are wrong. 😘

Alright Season 8 is done.  It was a short season, why was that?  As a whole I preferred it to season 7, even though I think I like a bulk of the queens from 7 more. The Top 3 was perfect, second best so far after Season 6's.  

1.  Kim Chi - loved her personality, runway looks and humor.  Going on her personal journey and hearing about her family was great to watch.

2.  Naomi Smalls - I really enjoyed watching her become much more then just a pair of legs.  Although those legs are something else.  Very likable, second favorite.

3.  Bob the Drag Queen - Probably the right winner, although not the winner i wanted.  I liked his Uzo in Snatch game.  I loved his Chocolatechip Cookie in the Ru-empire skits.  Had some solid looks.  I just didn't connect with him like I did the other 2.

4.  Derrick Berry - Improved a lot throughout the season.  Also Tatianna did Britney better.

5.  Chi Chi DeVayne - I also liked her improvement over the season. Killer lip sync performances.  

6.  Robbie Turner - I enjoyed his efforts.

7.  Thorgy Thor - she was good.  A little too competitive.

8.  Cynthia Lee Fontaine - Puerto Rican Tammy Brown?  I am surprised she won Miss Congeniality.  

9.  Acid Betty - MEH

10.  Naysha Lopez - Don't really understand why Ru brought her back, only to be mediocre again.

11.  Laila McQueen - double boot fodder.  She seemed like she could have been interesting.

12.  Dax!  - Didn't like the colored contacts, mostly forgettable

Favorite Lip Syncs:

1.  And I am Telling You

2.  You make Me Feel

Other thoughts:

I loved the first challenge when 7/8 queens came back and the clown.  Bianca interupting the second last episode only to run away.  Also the clown getting called up in the finale.  I liked seeing all the winners on the runway again.  No "Hey Porkchop" in this finale.  Kim chis answer about not wanting to catch something for sleeping with the pit crew had me rolling.  Rumer Willis spotting in the finale <3.

Edited by Solaris
  • Like 1