The Drag Race Rankdown #2

Elliott

1 hour ago, JC said:

I haven't watched for awhile. This is interesting to know :giggle:

It’s mostly just from the last two episodes. She’s backtracked while everyone else has improved. :haha:  LOOK OVER THERE!

22 minutes ago, #jeah said:

Don’t @ me but season 6 is definitely the best season (unless you count all stars 2). 

All-Stars 2 is the best season. Season 5 + Season 6 always fight for the next spot, I can never decide which I love more. I tend to give Season 5 the edge though.

Just now, Elliott said:

It’s mostly just from the last two episodes. She’s backtracked while everyone else has improved. :haha:  LOOK OVER THERE!

Her attitude has sucked + performances have slipped + she has revealed herself to only have one runway silhouette.

2 minutes ago, Deeee said:

Her attitude has sucked + performances have slipped + she has revealed herself to only have one runway silhouette.

UO but I haven’t really been bothered by her attitude. Like I thought the concept of her commercial being “I’m better than you” was hilarious and played into what Ru likes... she just performed it with less energy than Amanda Kimmel in a final tribal council.

5 minutes ago, Elliott said:

UO but I haven’t really been bothered by her attitude. Like I thought the concept of her commercial being “I’m better than you” was hilarious and played into what Ru likes... she just performed it with less energy than Amanda Kimmel in a final tribal council.

LOLOLOLOLOL @ the shade. I do not hate the concept of her commercial, but the specific lines that she used felt like complete overkill and left a sour taste in my mouth. 

Just now, Deeee said:

LOLOLOLOLOL @ the shade. I do not hate the concept of her commercial, but the specific lines that she used felt like complete overkill and left a sour taste in my mouth. 

I’ve always seen the commercials/ad challenges as them just playing a caricature for Ru’s benefit so it didn’t bother me. :haha: Like Alaska’s commercial in AS2 just being entirely about her being rich. :dead: 

2 minutes ago, Elliott said:

I’ve always seen the commercials/ad challenges as them just playing a caricature for Ru’s benefit so it didn’t bother me. :haha: Like Alaska’s commercial in AS2 just being entirely about her being rich. :dead: 

Of course they are just opportunities to play a caricature of themselves for Ru! However, nothing about Gigi's script read pleasantly. LOL. She is no Alaska. :dead:

24 minutes ago, Elliott said:

AS2 is one of the best seasons of any reality TV show in general, imo.

Fixed. 

But really, what else is on the shortlist? I think Top Chef 8 (All Stars) would be in the running. What else is on y'all's radar? 

If someone were to want to watch Drag Race cold, and I didn't think I could trust them to make it through the early seasons, I'd probably recommend S5, S6, S7, AS2, in that order.

1 minute ago, FrogLenzen said:

If someone were to want to watch Drag Race cold, and I didn't think I could trust them to make it through the early seasons, I'd probably recommend S5, S6, S7, AS2, in that order.

I would definitely not recommend someone watching S7 as one of their first seasons. :dead:

1 minute ago, Elliott said:

I would definitely not recommend someone watching S7 as one of their first seasons. :dead:

LOL

Yeah, I know people kind of hate that season, but I think the investment makes the AS2 payoff better. You hook them with S5 and S6, they're stuck for S7, and then AS2 hits that much harder.