RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars 9 - Premieres May 17th

*Chris

Obsessed with Jorgeous this season. I was excited for her anyway but didn’t have high hopes, but she’s honestly kinda killing it for me.

Angie’s still my favorite and she’s delivered nearly every week so far. She has proven again she’s an excellent competitor.

Plastique is also consistently great, she got some good joke writers this week. It’s just a shame she’s kinda flopping these lip syncs lmao.

That’s my top 3 for now, probably Roxxxy fourth and Gottmik behind. Poor Shannel proving again how she’s the OG Jan and getting no badges yet, but she’s doing well! 

• Like 1

You will never convince me that Bob was on set for any other reason than to write most of the jokes that made the edit. That’s what they did for the early Celebrity Drag Race seasons. 

Roxxxy’s RuPaul memory joke could have been straight out of a Sibling Rivalry episode. And you know that Vanjie didn’t think of the burping joke and that Plastique doesn’t know who Earth Wind and Fire is

On 5/28/2024 at 10:25 AM, Elliott said:

I’m convinced RuPaul hates Shannel at this point. :/

I am now convinced that they’re trying to get a repeat of this:

Why is Jorgeous my favorite this season 😂 She’s so naturally fun and relaxed this season and has been performing on par with everyone else. I stan!

• Like 1

Well.. those were something. Can’t say many of them really made any sense and them obviously reading the script was pretty off putting but go girl.

01. Nina - This was Nina’s best week in Drag Race. She was fantastic during the challenge, had a stunning runway and ate that lip-sync up. I will never understand how she didn’t win.

02. Shannel - I hate how she’s doubting herself but she was one of the few who was in character throughout and actually brought some comedy. Gorgeous runway too.

03. Plastique - The last ten seconds or so was better than anything the people below gave us. That runway though.. wow.

04. Jorgeous - Meh but the chair moment was funny. 

05.. Vanjie - She’s hilarious but she looked uncomfortable throughout. Beautiful runway though.

06. Roxxxy - It was a total borefest and a runway we’ve seen before.
07. Angeria - She had some decent parts but pretty boring. Her runway was pretty boring. God knows how she was in the top two. 

08. Gottmik - Again, she just didn’t bring anything to the challenge. I’m so bored of her designer runways now.

Overall

01. Plastique

02. Vanjie

03. Nina

04. Shannel

05. Jorgeous
06. Angeria
07. Roxxxy

08. Gottmik

• Confused 1

I love Colton Haynes, he's so pretty.  Obsessed that they got him on Drag Race to guest judge.  I really enjoyed the acting challenge!  Not so thrilled Gottmik got snipped when I thought she should have been in the Top this week, with next week being a design challenge.  Sad.  I did enjoy every runway too.

1. Vanjie - I cackled with her ridiculousness.  Definitely would have had her in the Top 2. Looked great on the runway. She's really stepped up this season.

2. Gottmik - I loved what she did, thought it should have been her vs Vanjie. Obsessed with her Candelabra runway.

3. Angeria - 3-3-3.  3 Challenge wins, 3 lipsync wins, 3 badges.  Work Angeria.  It was hard picking between my Top 3 for who I wanted in the Top, I just laughed less at hers.

4. Jorgeous - The wig sent me, and I saw her having a good time.

5. Nina - In terms of acting, shes the best actor there.  She didn't make me laugh and thats what I went off of.

6. Roxxxy - I wanted to love it more, and I laughed more her at her then Nina's but it was mostly for the poor acting!

7. Shannel - Yea she's not standing out.  

8. Plastique - Yea it was a weak round for her.  At least she gave us that beautiful Ao Dai moment.

My overall rankings at this point in the season:

1. Gottmik - forever a stan. 2 lipsync wins, 2 challenge wins, 2 times sniped.  Probably even more obsessed with Mik's drag now then I was in 13.

2. Angeria - she is surprising me this season, even though we knew she could do everything.

3. Plastique - 3 wins, amazing runways.  Too bad she can't lipsync.

4. Roxxxy - bringing the drama and is a huge front runner.

5. Vanjie - Love Vanjie but she's maybe had 2 great weeks so far!

6. Jorgeous - Like her a lot more then I did with these last 2 weeks. Still has a ways to go if she's going to climb past any of the other 5 though.

7. Shannel - definitely underwhelming, I hope she turns it up soon.

8. Nina - I thought I was going to be a Roxxxy hater this season.  Turns out I am a Nina hater instead.

RuPaul tonight be like:

On 5/24/2024 at 5:16 PM, *Lily said:

Just gonna donate to the Trevor Project myself because Nina’s not winning them money anytime soon

• Haha 4

16 hours ago, Elliott said:

RuPaul tonight be like:

Ru making up rules on the spot to give Nina $2500 for her charity because she knows that’s the last chance she’s gonna have to award Nina ☠️ 

• Haha 1

Yayyy Angeria being in the Top 2 once again! :wub: :ohyeah: I absolutely loved everything she brought this week! She was so hilarious in the challenge. And her runway look was absolutely stunning and haunting. :omg: Ooh and I loved the urn hairstyle which I didn't even realize until it was said. 2 great weeks and she's bringing that frontrunner status I knew she had in her! ❤️ Well done to Nina West too. She was funny and the OTT extra comedy really suits her naturally, though I think I would have put Gottmik in the Top 2 instead of her - Both were funny I preferred Gottmik's runway more. 

But lol the Angeria vs. Nina Top 2 for the lip sync, this should be an easy battle for Angeria to win, I hope. :giggle: *Watches* Angeria absolutely slayed this as always. She crushed Nina here and was sooo fun and engaging to watch! Couldn't take my eyes off how she performed. Nina had fun and some comedic moments but just couldn't compare to Angeria. 

Oh wow, I wasn't really expecting Angeria to give Gottmik the scissors. GM only had 2 stars compared to Plastique's 3 stars, so I was totally expecting Plastique to get the scissors. Though Gottmik did give Angeria the scissors in the past, so I am not too shocked. Good play on Plastique for having her strategy work this week though I expect she'll get the scissors soon. 

Vanjie always cracks me up in acting challenges because she always uses that same character (which should be old by now) but it's just always so hilarious to me. :dead: 

Gahh I don't know what it is about this season but it's really making me feel and sympathize for Shannel, which I never thought would have happened. I really felt bad for her with her comments to Ru on feeling like she maybe can't keep up with the rest of the competition.  :( :broken:

These are probably my current rankings (and will split them by groups) though I feel like they change every week:

1. Angeria

2. Plastique

3. Vanjie
4. Gottmik
5. Jorgeous
6. Roxxxy

7. Nina
8. Shannel

3-6 are the toughest to rank as they are interchangeable and changes depending on the week.

1 hour ago, *Wallace said:

I would have put Gottmik in the Top 2 instead of her - Both were funny I preferred Gottmik's runway more. 

My only friend.

• Like 1

On 6/21/2024 at 4:35 PM, Zoey said:

Well.. those were something. Can’t say many of them really made any sense and them obviously reading the script was pretty off putting but go girl.

01. Nina - This was Nina’s best week in Drag Race. She was fantastic during the challenge, had a stunning runway and ate that lip-sync up. I will never understand how she didn’t win.

02. Shannel - I hate how she’s doubting herself but she was one of the few who was in character throughout and actually brought some comedy. Gorgeous runway too.

03. Plastique - The last ten seconds or so was better than anything the people below gave us. That runway though.. wow.

04. Jorgeous - Meh but the chair moment was funny. 

05.. Vanjie - She’s hilarious but she looked uncomfortable throughout. Beautiful runway though.

06. Roxxxy - It was a total borefest and a runway we’ve seen before.
07. Angeria - She had some decent parts but pretty boring. Her runway was pretty boring. God knows how she was in the top two. 

08. Gottmik - Again, she just didn’t bring anything to the challenge. I’m so bored of her designer runways now.

Overall

01. Plastique

02. Vanjie

03. Nina

04. Shannel

05. Jorgeous
06. Angeria
07. Roxxxy

08. Gottmik

Agree with you! 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Considering how they interacted during the challenge, you cannot convince me that Roxxxy isn’t clearly the only one in the cast whose name RuPaul actually knows. :rofl:

1 hour ago, Zoey said:

previewd-jay-and-adam.gif

Even more shocking is that you have two people from my household agreeing with you! 

We’re not really enjoying this season, and we barely even paid attention to this episode as we were on our phone most of the time since it was so boring :/ 

I don't know if this applies to anyone but I crack up and can not get Angeria's "snip snip, b*tch" out of my mind. It cracks me up so much. :haha: It was especially stuck in my head all this week from last week's episode. :dead: 🙈

Another pretty meh week. I had high hopes for this season but I think it’s already reached its peak and now we’ll decline until the finale.

01. Plastique - Where has this new Plastique come from? Obviously she was going to create something great in a design challenge.

02. Nina - The biggest shock for me during this episode. Nina didn’t do good during the paint challenge but created something great this time. 
03. Vanjie - I think hers looked like every other runway and I’m still undecided whether that’s a positive or negative.

04. Shannel - It was giving me season two realness and I enjoyed the flashback.

05. Roxxxy - I was kinda bored by her runway. It was giving me Monet and MIFLAW.

06. Jorgeous - She did alright.

07. Gottmik - Probably one of my least favourite looks from her. I didn’t see what the judges saw but maybe it didn’t come across as good on the television?

08. Angeria - I’m bored by what Angeria created this week. 

This was a good Top 2 this week with Plastique & Roxxxy Andrews! Plastique's star dress was impressive and really gorgeous - she crushes it on the runway as always. She had my favorite look of the week. And wow at her getting 4 stars and never been snipped with the scissors (while Gottmik/Roxxxy/Angeria were all cut twice). :omg: Roxxxy's cowboy look was fashionable and great too. 

With a Plastique vs. Roxxxy lip sync, I was expecting another Plastique loss / Roxxxy win here, and it happens once again. This is all getting so predictable, lmao. :dead: Overall, I wasn't super impressed with it. But Roxxxy did fit that era of the classic disco diva aura really well and she was selling that, so that was good enough to win. Plus she had some fun comedic moments in there. And yeah, once Roxxxy won, I knew she would give the scissors to Angeria. Again it was just so easy to call. LOL Angeria putting her hand out for it knowing it was coming to her before Roxxxy finished her commentary. :haha: I don't love it but it's fair as Angeria did give Roxxxy the scissors two weeks ago (when Roxxxy tried to make peace between them), so I can't even defend Angeria like I want to. :dead: But I'm still rooting for her to make it to the final, obviously. 

Nina was probably the biggest surprise to me. Really liked her look and the big risk for her too. It paid off. :yes: I do feel bad for Gottmik - she seemed well loved amongst the judges for the second week in a row but couldn't make it to the Top 2. 

And another week for Shannel not getting a badge. I was thinking she would get a badge at some point but as the weeks go by, I wonder if that can happen.

Roxxxy ate Plastique in that lip sync. TBH it's unfair for a queen who cannot lip sync to go against Roxxxy who is high key one of the best lip syncers this show has seen

eta: i think Roxxxy with that lip sync just joined Symone as US Queens with most lip sync wins without a loss.

Edited by totes4totes

29 minutes ago, totes4totes said:

eta: i think Roxxxy with that lip sync just joined Symone as US Queens with most lip sync wins without a loss.

Yep. And Plastique tied Trinity’s AS7 record of most lip sync losses in a single season.