2023 Reality Stars Rankdown (Chris & Diana's Noms Next)

Alex95

Ooh #bless Sola brought back one of my Top 4 picks I was considering. ❤️

I was debating between bringing back Morgan & Lena, Amali Dimond, Shayne Murphy or Frannie Marin. 

I have decided to bring back..... Morgan & Lena!

70968991007-sisters.jpg?crop=682,382,x0,

• Like 1

Cycle 7 - Battle Rounds

842b30e0-cd0f-11ed-abb6-e803349bd843

Well I hope you appreciated that buyback because things are gonna get a lot more difficult form this point on. It's time for the dreaded battle round. It's as a straightforward as it seems. When it's your turn to nominate, you will post a 1 vs. 1 battle round. The other 8 rankers will them PM/DM their vote to win the battle. One reality star stays and one it out. You have 24 hours to vote. I'll post the results as soon as we reach a majority. In the event of a tie, the nominator will make the final decision. Reality stars still cannot be nominated in back to back rounds, but this is the final cycle where that is the case. Everyone else is eligible to be nominated.

Nominating Order:

BR1TUbw.png

@*Wallace is up first and can post his battle whenever he's ready!

@totes4totes @Steven_ @Zoey @*Chris @Solaris @FrogLenzen @*Lily @jarmon

• Alex95 changed the title to 2023 Reality Stars Rankdown (Cycle 7 Posted)
3 hours ago, Solaris said:

Was hoping the Battle round would be near the end of the game, as my intended battle, both entries deserve to go that far.  :haha:

We had two battle rounds in last year's game. One that happened around the 200s or so and the other towards the end of the game, like at the Top 40 stage (where those battles were private). Maybe that could be the case here again? 😮 

I still really have no idea what to do with my battle. :haha: But I did come up with a cute/fun theme. Let's have a fun battle of the S-named girls from Australian Survivor!

e0tv69.jpg e0tv83.jpg

Sharni Vinson vs. Sarah Marschke

• Alex95 changed the title to 2023 Reality Stars Rankdown (Wally’s Battle Posted)
  • Alex95 changed the title to 2023 Reality Stars Rankdown (Megan’s Battle Next)
  • Alex95 changed the title to 2023 Reality Stars Rankdown (Megan’s Battle Posted)
  • Alex95 changed the title to 2023 Reality Stars Rankdown (Steven’s Battle Next)

c13e10d1d8c8a2e3d2a8557534aadc7a6b16707f

Spice

Look, I am sure there are worse contestants out there than Spice, but I'm hoping that I'm here to just do some spot nominations, write-ups, and eliminations because I do not watch so many of the reality shows listed (next year though! I am COMING for this rankdown for real). But of the shows I do watch, Spice was kind of an easier choice. I did think about doing a Perfect Match battle but how could I nominate a bisexual woman to be eliminated. So instead I went with Spice who is one of the weakest Drag Race contestants in recent memory.

I think the thing about Sugar and Spice is that I can see why WOW wanted them on the show. As drag becomes more mainstream, we see more and more drag being performed on social media. We've had queens famous for their looks on Instagram before, but I don't think we've seen any queens with the virality of Sugar and Spice on TikTok. Like I had seen them on TikTok because of the algorithm before I had seen them on the show. But of course, what makes a viral TikTok channel does not translate to the format of Drag Race which is essentially one big pageant (hence why pageant queens tend to do so well, they are built for this). And we saw that with Sugar and Spice. To compare MIB was literally one week older than Sugar and Spice and Luxx was younger but both had a much larger repertoire of skills that they came to the show with. Because what you need for a sustained performance is much different than what you need for an edited 30 second video.

Anyway, I think Spice leaving after Sugar was about right. I think they were pretty comparable in terms of skill but if you were to get down to brass tacks, Spice was just a tiny bit better. But it's hard to talk about either of the twins in a singular way because even after Sugar was eliminated, Spice's arc was still about her relationship with Sugar. Even if it was who is Spice outside of Sugar. I'm going through the eliminations and I am shocked that 1) Spice lasted so much longer than Sugar and that 2) I cannot think of a single individual quality about Spice that wasn't about her relationship to Sugar.

Sarah Marschke (Australian Survivor: Heroes V Villains)

1675820450017-9c6f91af7a87d9b739e90aa71a

As I mentioned in the thread a few times, I didn't really know who to target for my battle round. Nor did I have any planned intentions or anything for it. So I figured going for a battle with two people who I don't think were fan favorites of their seasons was the way to go. Hopefully this nice and simple battle doesn't bite me and work against me or anything. :haha: 

Sarah Marschke is a 23 year-old Former Miss World Australia from Sydney, New South Wales, who competed on 2023's Australian Survivor: Heroes V Villains. Sarah competed on the Villains tribe, due to her previous controversy surrounding her participation in the Miss World pageant. Hmmm I'm curious on what this could be about. Sarah is really gorgeous, which is obvious as we can all see here. At first Sarah found herself aligned with favorites in Shonee, George and Liz. But it seems that when the Villains tribe lost a little way into the game, Sarah made the costly mistake to stray from George Mladenov's alliance which made him very wary and lose trust in Sarah. This led to him campaigning against her. Sarah's plans were to join with Simon Mee's alliance to vote George out. However, there was some mistrust along the way - as Sarah's former allies would then target her as well. George would get Gerry as a swing vote his way. Simon feared he and his group didn't have enough numbers to take out George. This campaign was successful on George's end as he and Simon's respective coalitions came together to vote out Sarah instead in an unanimous blindside on Day 14. LOL there we go with the "blindside" on Australian Survivor - I feel like they say everyone gets blindsided on there. :dead: I do wonder if I would have liked Sarah - I think I probably would have but would have probably liked others that lasted longer on the show. Sarah lasted 14 (out of 47) days on the show and was the 5th castaway voted out coming in 19th place. This isn't nearly as good as her Miss World and pageant placements. But I think this is probably a good placement for her in this rankdown. 

The majority of rankers saved: Sharni Vinson

e0tv69.jpg

1 hour ago, Zoey said:

I’m sure Diana was a big Marcia fan. :haha:

Is she? I didn't think she much of Drag Race (and said she was on Season 2) a few weeks ago? :unsure: 

Happy with Marcia Marcia Marcia winning the battle as I didn't want her to go yet but fine with Spice going out here. 

I do get and agree with a lot of Megan's comments on Spice. It's nice/fun seeing different kinds of Queens like Spice (and Sugar) come onto the show but I do think she was a little.... ~unprepared for the Drag Race format as yeah the Tiktok virality doesn't translate well to the Drag Race format. OMG I totally forgot that Mistress was just a year (or a week?) older than the twins - she came off like a mother figure for them. :haha: But Spice had a bit of a stronger run on the show, so it's fair for her to outlast Sugar a little longer here as well. And LOL yeah also agree that it's hard to talk about them as individuals (which I struggled to do with my Spice write-up lol). :haha: