AI22 Semi-Finals (Top 24) Pimp Spots & Performance Order

Idol Maniac

i kinda agree, but also Jelly Roll seems extremely supportive and positive. Tori is a little less exciting even though I love her as a vocalist and artist. 

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, m1key said:

the fact that they are actually making an effort to pimp Triston makes me question if he can win. i have a feeling the producers/judges will hype him up beyond his abilities. with the amount of live shows we have this season, his inexperience and flaws are bound to be exposed. all three of the country winners in the ABC era (Laine, Noah, Chayce) were no where near as pimped as Triston will be. the WGWG's (or just GWG's in this case) tend to do better when they are viewed as underdogs, rather than frontrunners. 

I think Hailey's stock continues to go down with that performance slot, but it will depend on performances between her, Jayna, Jordan, and Quintavious. I think Nya has a strong song choice and will deliver a good enough performance to make it. 

For Group 2 I'm still locked in on Elleigh and K-Blocks.

Hailey has a YT cover of her semi-final song and it sounds good! Also, a while back someone shared a snippet of her rehearsal and she sounded decent! 

2 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

Group 1 is WAY too stacked...

Maybe this was not the show for Hailey after all....She can always try AGT on a few years.  

(Yeah, i want to be pessimistic. Leave me alone) 

Like I’ve said, she doesn’t have a sob story, and that seems especially important to the producers on this show. 

Voting numbers so far as confirmed by some stories and posts.

Hailey-1

Jordan-2

Jayna-3

Julia-4

Kayko-5

Nya-6

Blake-7

Abi-8

Quintavious-9

KB-10

Will-11

Mckenna-12

Odell-13

Elleigh-14

Mackenzie-15

Jennifer-16 

Emmy-17 

Ajii-18

Kennedy-19

Jack-20

Roman-21

K-Blocks-22

Mia-23

Triston-24

Good luck to Hailey-She might be opening for the Day 1 Hawaii Week show even though she didn't in real life.

Edited by Tom_The_Man0000
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Tom_The_Man0000 said:

Jordan-2

Jayna-3

Julia-4

Will-11

Odell-13

Mackenzie-15

Ajii-18

Kennedy-19

Jack-20

Roman-21

K-Blocks-22

Mia-23

Good luck to Hailey-She might be opening for the Day 1 Hawaii Week show even though she didn't in real life.

what source do you have for those numbers?

21 hours ago, Tom_The_Man0000 said:

Hailey-1

Jordan-2

Jayna-3

Julia-4

Kayko-5

Nya-6

Blake-7

Abi-8

Quintavious-9

KB-10

Will-11

Mckenna-12

Odell-13

Elleigh-14

Mackenzie-15

Ajii-18

Kennedy-19

Jack-20

Roman-21

K-Blocks-22

Mia-23

Tomorrow night, I’ll be voting for Hailey, Jayna, Julia, Nya, Abi and McKenna, but the ones who are getting my text message votes are Abi (my favorite), Hailey and Jayna, with me voting for Hailey mainly to make sure that she is in the Top 20.  Same for Jayna, although I think that she’s safer than Hailey.

I wonder what the reasoning is for moving some of them around? For instance, why bump Hailey down to #1, and move Abi down to #8? Are they trying to help KB by moving her up to #10? 

I’m not sure how I feel about Hailey opening. There seems to be possible advantages and disadvantages to that, compared to the #3 spot. Recent history shows it can be a scary spot, but it’s an extremely small sample size. I’d probably prefer opening. 

Edited by TeamAudra

17 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I wonder what the reasoning is for moving some of them around? For instance, why bump Hailey down to #1, and move Abi down to #8? Are they trying to help KB by moving her up to #10? 

I’m not sure how I feel about Hailey opening. There seems to be possible advantages and disadvantages to that, compared to the #3 spot. Recent history shows it can be a scary spot, but it’s an extremely small sample size. I’d probably prefer opening. 

atp I would just have low expectations and hope she does well + maybe some of the faves will fall short ... anything can happen

still beats spot 2 nontheless

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I think Hailey/Jayna swapping spots moreso has to do with something related to Jayna than Hailey. There had to have been a reason behind the scenes where they decided they no longer found her fit to be the show opener. 

For Abi, I think they are trying to de-pimp her a bit? Based off this and her Showcase edit, they may be trying to avoid overexposure and simultaneously create more of an underdog arc for her (if her Hawaii performance ends up being meh as well.)

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, StarWalker1 said:

atp I would just have low expectations and hope she does well + maybe some of the faves will fall short ... anything can happen

still beats spot 2 nontheless

Yeah, I don’t have any expectations. Even if she makes it, next week will be tough. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, m1key said:

I think Hailey/Jayna swapping spots moreso has to do with something related to Jayna than Hailey. There had to have been a reason behind the scenes where they decided they no longer found her fit to be the show opener. 

For Abi, I think they are trying to de-pimp her a bit? Based off this and her Showcase edit, they may be trying to avoid overexposure and simultaneously create more of an underdog arc for her (if her Hawaii performance ends up being meh as well.)

I was wondering if they wanted Iam closer to the top of the 2nd hour to keep people from changing the channel?

2 hours ago, m1key said:

That’s a possibility.  I hope it works out, if that’s the case.

1 hour ago, TeamAudra said:

I was wondering if they wanted Iam closer to the top of the 2nd hour to keep people from changing the channel?

Or maybe that’s the reason for having Abi’s performance shown earlier!  Either way, we’ll probably find out tomorrow night.

i think opening is a good thing. howver i am wary of Haileys song choice for two reasons:

1. it’s upbeat, and unless she slows it down significantly enough to make it sound ballad-y it’s going to be extremely hard to make a moment

2. it’s a Tate McRae song that most of the audience doesn’t know