Disney Songs Rankdown (Winner Posted)

Steven_

26 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

It's A Small World saved my life last weekend as I went on the ride at a moment when my feet were particularly killing me.

See, Alex gets it!

WRITE-UPS

Alex: 5/10

Chris: 5/10

Derek: 10/10 ☑️

Elliott: 0/10

Erik: 3/10

Megan: 10/10 ☑️

Sola: 9/10

Wallace: 8/10

Here's tonight's update. If I miscounted, then please let me know.

Remember your 10 write-ups are due by the end of the day Sunday. If you miss the deadline, then any other ranker can claim your cuts/saves. 

We Rock

maxresdefault.jpg

This song just screams Disney Channel Original Movie Song (deragatory). If you have to convince us this hard that you rock...mayhaps you don't. I feel like I already exposed myself in other Disney games that DCOMs are not my area of expertise. I, of course, have seen the first two HSMs. And scrolling down the list on the front page...that's it lmao. Demi sounded better than the others here. The song was just a bit of an ear sore. This is the closing song of the movie, so I guess it's just the celebration that they rocked the Camp Rock or whatever the basic plot of the movie is. All I know about that movie is the meme of them all entering the camp doing that silly little march or whatever. Kara DioGuardi wrote it so sorry gurl...

Save Friends on the Other Side

Edited by Alex95

Did I Mention

620x348-Q90_3100ba8b3684e30802052740e0c2

"What was in that cookie?!" Do I even want to know the context? Okay, apparently he's given a love potion or something by one of the "straight" girls from my recent cut named Mal. Apparently this song is used in Club Penguin lololol that almost convinced me not to cut it. Almost. The song is kinda catchy and fun. I'm sure it works well in the movie. The character's probably supposed to be a heartthrob or something but idk about that haircut. Apparently he is Belle and Beast's son so that's actually probably a good haircut considering we all know what his father's hair looks like. Anyways, this was actually probably my favorite song yet I've cut. Like I said, it's got a bit of a beat, it's fun. But do I care about it enough that I'm willing to listen to another song to cut something else? Mmm nope.

Save Everybody Wants to Be a Cat

The Caucus Race

So its probably been 20 years since I have seen Alice in Wonderland, and when looking at the list of songs from the movie this one completely escaped my mind.  This song "The Caucus Race" taked place while Alice in a bottle and there are animals in a on a rock in the water running around in a circle. A lot of the songs in this movie don't make sense, but this one in particular doesn't and is unmemorable.  At least I didn't remember it. Alice in Wonderland has not had a song cut yet, so  this song fits a bunch of criteria for it to be cut.

Save: Mad Madam Mim

33 minutes ago, Alex95 said:

I, of course, have seen the first two HSMs. And scrolling down the list on the front page...that's it lmao.

From this set I've seen Zenon only 🙈 because Lauren Mrs. Lenzen made me watch it like 2 years ago

Brink and Halloweentown and Smart House and Susie Q were the main jams for me

Edited by FrogLenzen

17 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

From this set I've seen Zenon only 🙈 because Lauren Mrs. Lenzen made me watch it like 2 years ago

Brink and Halloweentown and Smart House and Susie Q were the main jams for me

Including HSM? 👀

Now Or Never

Honestly I never cared for any of the High School Musicals but I always acknowledged the fact that they have some pretty good songs on them and for me this just isnt one of them lol. Very boring and generic to me, although I enjoy Vanessa Hudges' voice on that 1 line (aside from the random TROOOOOOOOYYYYYY💀). It's not bad but when it comes to high school musical songs, this one would probably land in my bottom tier. To me, it's honestly just a wannabe "Getcha Head in the Game" (which i'm honestly not that crazy over either to be honest)

Save: Don't Run Away

One Kiss

As a fan of the Descendants franchise, I think this is probably the most forgettable song from all of the 3 movies. I really like Sofia Carsons voice (most of the time), and I definitely see why the song is in the movie, but I really don't feel like this song fits her voice honestly. It makes it sound very nasally to me. The fact that this is Evies only solo song in the whole franchise makes me mad lol. I wish they gave her something that suits her voice/vocal style better than this one does (which is not at all). 

Save: What I Said

Edited by erik g

Immortals

I do not think I know any Fall Out Boy songs aside from "Sugar We're Going Down" (and I actually really that one), but if you told me that this was the same person who sang that song, I would not believe you at all. I think Big Hero 6 definitely should be talked about way more than it is but I really dont enjoy this song. Particularly the vocals. I don't know who the lead singer is on this song, but his voice really isn't for me. Also, there's absolutely no way Big Hero 6 was 9 years ago...

Save: Good to Be Home

Mexico

Gosh I'm getting down to my very last few write-ups and I'm really struggling on which songs to cut and wite about now. :dead: Okay, so my next cut will be "Mexico" from The Three Caballeros. I do not recall hearing about The Three Caballeros, but it's a 1944 American live-action and animated film, that earned $3.355 million in the box office. Onto the song, I'm glad I listened to it and am cutting it because it's boring me and not really engaging my attention. The male vocals on the song are nice and he sings the song well. It's like in a very operatic style. But I don't care to listen to opera when listening to my Disney music. The video is nice, but I enjoy the parts with the animals talking/dialogue.

Saving: Get'cha Head in the Game

• Sad 1

WRITE-UPS

Alex: 7/10

Chris: 5/10

Derek: 10/10 ☑️

Elliott: 0/10

Erik: 6/10

Megan: 10/10 ☑️

Sola: 10/10 ☑️

Wallace: 9/10

Reminder that tomorrow is the last day to post your write-ups. If any write-ups are missing after the deadline, then any other ranker can claim those cuts/saves.

I'll be posting the details of Cycle 3 on Monday around 11:00am-12:00pm ET. So, all write-ups and vetoes need to be posted before then. (!) 

@Alex95 @*Chris @FrogLenzen @Elliott @erik g @totes4totes @Solaris @*Wallace.

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, totes4totes said:

me getting ready to use my PST time zone to swoop in at 9pm my time and make all of @Elliott's 10 cuts:

Plotting The Simpsons GIF

Honestly I've been sick for a few days and writing 1000 words sounds like a nightmare rn, so I wouldn't even complain. :dead:

YOU CAN'T STOP THE GIRL

(MALEFICIENT : MISTRESS OF EVIL)

200.gif?cid=82a1493bvi502usr9q1s7bv53aci

Who knew Bebe Rexha had recorded a song for a Disney movie? Not me.  This song, "You Can't Stop The Girl", was featured in Maleficent: Mistress of Evil - one of Steven's favourite Disney live action movie!  I have not seen this sequel so I cannot really talk about if the song goes with the movie or not, but I can talk about the song after listening to it.  Typically, for a standalone song in a movie, especially one associated with a character like Maleficent, you would expect a powerful track. Unfortunately, it's far from being powerful song.  As the song kept building up, I was waiting for Bebe or the song to give us a MOMENT but it ended up not happening.  On top of the song not giving me what I expected, it also doesn't help that I am not a big fan of Bebe Rhexa's music, so all of that made it easier to cut the song. 

SAVING: LOVE POWER

Can I Have This Dance

833d2bc0b74a7348414b982421051316.1000x563x1.jpg

The High School Musical trilogy is successful in spite of Troy & Gabriella being the most boring relationship to ever exist, not because of. I mean obviously Zac & Vanessa had chemistry cause, duh. But the characters themselves. Just boring. I've actually never watched the third movie, and have no plans on doing so, so maybe this is all inaccurate. Maybe I'm dragging them despite being super and interesting and the stars of the third movie, but I just wouldn't bet on that. Singing and dancing in the rain is always hot though. So good creative choice though. The song is fine. Just kind of an average romantic number. When I listened to it, there was nothing about the song that made me regret cutting it here.

Save Prince Ali (Reprise)

ALMOST HOME

(OZ THE GREAT AND POWERFUL)

KrXbPw.gif

"Almost Home" was included in this rankdown by yours truly as a placeholder due to limited options during my second turn. The song, performed by Mariah Carey, was featured in Disney's "Oz the Great and Powerful" - the film itself is not that great from the storyline to the acting. However, the song is easily one of the best thing to come out of the film. Mariah Carey does her best vocally, given that the lyrics aren't particularly spectacular - the songwriters did their best with the source material. Since it's not widely recognized as a Disney classic and has reached this point in the rankdown without being saved, I'm fine with cutting it.

SAVING: HOW DOES A MOMENT LAST FOREVER

Try Everything

shakira.jpg?center=0.2102803738317757,0.54655870445344135&mode=crop&width=1200&rnd=131303473610000000

I love Shakira and I like Zootopia, but honestly I've always hated this song. First of all, it's barely a Disney song. They stuck it in the credits just because they wanted some big name singer in the movie. End credits songs don't count, they just don't. They're not seamlessly placed in the movie and help advance the plot forward. I always hate when end credits songs get nominated for Best Original Song at the Oscars. I feel like they should be for songs in the movie, not a random famous person writing a song that is tangentially related to the movie to play during the end credits. But I digress. I just think this song is lame. It's repetitive, it doesn't have a good beat, the lyrics are childish but not in an interesting way. Sia wrote this, she's capable of a lot better than this. Though what has Sia done as of late besides the Music movie and give random Survivor players money. So maybe she's not capable of better anymore?

Save Perfect Isn't Easy

Edited by Alex95