Songs of the 1990s Mini Rankdowns (1995 Round)

Steven_

20. ALIVE – PEARL JAM

58915b00815e6daa741285f86fa70e63.550x555x1.jpg

MUSIC VIDEO LINK

QK: 5

ALEX: 6

ELLIOTT: 7

LILY: 13

NICO: 13

COREY: 15

DEREK: 15

CHRIS: 17

STEVEN: 18

TOM: 18

RICHARD: 19

ERIK: 20

GIGI: 20

WALLACE: 20

COREY

It's a classic for sure, but this is not one of my favorite Pearl Jam songs, let along my favorite overall.

STEVEN

I'm pretty sure this is the first time I've heard this song. I didn't really care for it.

RICHARD

This one’s somehow both cacophonous and monotonous at the same time. It’s not last for me because it’s at least interesting, but I can’t say I especially enjoy it.

ERIK

No thanks

WALLACE

wM7djaF.gif

I'm sure there are some Pearl Jam songs that I like but I can't really remember which ones they are as I don't keep track with them. I don't really remember "Alive" or know if I heard this song before this game, but it's not really doing anything for me. I get that this song has its fans but sadly, just not for me.

19. GOOD VIBRATIONS – MARKY MARK AND THE FUNKY BUNCH FEAT. LOLEATTA HOLLOWAY

c8c770594f5395f9743d3e752e5debba.1000x1000x1.jpg

MUSIC VIDEO LINK

COREY: 2

DEREK: 5

GIGI: 8

WALLACE: 9

RICHARD: 14

ERIK: 15

STEVEN: 15

ALEX: 16

CHRIS: 16

LILY: 17

TOM: 17

QK: 18

ELLIOTT: 20

NICO: 20

COREY

One of my all time favorites. Who would've guessed Marky Mark could hit those high notes?

WALLACE

good-vibrations-marky-mark.gif

Do you all think that Mark Wahlberg would be mad at us for letting this song make it to the Top 20? I feel like Mark tries to erase his 90s rap persona era quite often, lol. Anywho, I was pleased to see Derek & Corey advance "Good Vibrations" as this is a really fun rap jam I've always really enjoyed. And then Derek out here cuts my actual favorite rap jam of '91 of "Summertime." 😭 But back to this song, this is a really fun song. I love how Loleatta Holloway sings the chorus and her voice is fantastic on that. She really slays that chorus! 

It's such a good vibration
It's such a sweet sensation
It's such a good vibration
It's such a sweet sensation

:bobo:

Marky Mark is a fun rapper. I don't know how he was portrayed or taken as a rapper, whether taken seriously or not, but I'm curious. I do enjoy how he raps on the song. I do love some parts he raps where he raps: 

Yo, it's about that time
To bring forth the rhythm and the rhyme
I'm a get mine so get yours 

Come on, come on
Feel it, feel it
Feel the vibration

I think the third rap verse is my favorite part of Marky Mark's wherre he raps:

Donnie D's on the back up
Drug free, so put the crack up
No need for speed
I'm anti D-R-U-G-G-I-E
My body is healthy
My rhymes makes me wealthy

I didn't know he was spelling out "druggie" until now but here we are. :haha: This song has such a fun hype feel to it! It's one of those songs that makes me feel and get pumped whenever I hear it. :bobo: The music video is SO '90s but it's a lot of great fun and entertainment.

RICHARD

The singing on this is awesome. The rap is pretty atrocious, though. xD Overall, it balances out to a somewhat middling spot for me.

STEVEN

I've known of this song, but I have never went out of my way to listen to it before. Marky Mark is kind of cringeworthy here, but Loleatta delivers some good vocals.

ALEX

Loleatta carried.

LILY

Loleatta pulls this out of the last place spot. Otherwise it's still f**k Mark Wahlberg!

NICO

Well it has Mark Wahlberg in it so its one of the easiest defaults to 20th place I have given in this game.

18. SHE TALKS TO ANGELS – THE BLACK CROWES

c947d66e0ba786b05413242256169c11.600x600x1.jpg

MUSIC VIDEO LINK

ELLIOTT: 2

QK: 4

NICO: 10

RICHARD: 10

TOM: 11

CHRIS: 12

ERIK: 13

WALLACE: 14

COREY: 17

ALEX: 17

STEVEN: 17

GIGI: 18

DEREK: 19

LILY: 19

RICHARD

This song feels a bit more modern to me, like late 90s as opposed to 1991. But it still has a classic sort of feel at the same time, and the vocal on it is great. There are some dead spots in the song itself, but when that’s my biggest negative, it’s mostly me just nitpicking, lol.

WALLACE

I never really kept track or know much about The Black Crowes, but they seem to have some nice songs with "She Talks to Angels" being an example of that. This song has some nice verses and tells a nice story with the song.  Although I really like the chorus of the song more and that stands out the most to me.

COREY

It has an interesting hook, but that's where the excitement ends for this crawler.

STEVEN

I don't think it's a bad song, but I did find it to be slightly boring.

17. CARIBBEAN BLUE – ENYA

a58f86432f37bc42bfcb5a6810d038b0.540x540x1.jpg

MUSIC VIDEO LINK

GIGI: 1

TOM: 2

ALEX: 5

CHRIS: 6

DEREK: 11

COREY: 13

LILY: 15

NICO: 17

QK: 17

ERIK: 18

RICHARD: 18

ELLIOTT: 19

STEVEN: 19

WALLACE: 19

ALEX

There’s something about this song where I’m left wanting more in a good way.

COREY

It sounds lovely, but doesn't really do it for me.

LILY

Enya's kind of a guilty pleasure for me. But I know she's chilling out in that huge castle she owns in Ireland not thinking about me ranking it near bottom 5.

RICHARD

I don’t really know what to make of this one. It’s a soothing and pleasant listen, but in the context of comparing it to bigger and hookier hits, I don’t think it measures up.

STEVEN

Sorry, but Enya's style is just not for me.

WALLACE

VkFoNb.gif

I feel like I have heard "Caribbean Blue" before in the past but I'm not exactly sure where - probably from some dancing shows from some Waltzes? This is a pretty song. I can't say that it excites or grabs me but it's pleasant to listen to.

Of the first set, the biggest surprise is "She Talks to Angels" showing up so soon. I thought that song would have done a little better here. 😮 

- I'm good with "Alive" coming in last. I'm 2/2 for my #20s coming in last so yay me for that. :haha: 

- Aww I did expect "Good Vibrations" to show up on the first set. Wish it could have done better but I'm not attached to the song so I'm not upset with its showing. I love seeing so much love for Loretta. But yikes, so much hate for Marky Mark here. Though I'm wondering what high notes he is hitting here, Corey?  :giggle:

Some #1s and #20s reveals!

#1s revealed (1): gigi
#1s remaining (13): alex, chris, corey, derek, elliott, erik, lily, nico, qk, richard, steven, tom, wallace

#20s revealed (5): erik, gigi, wallace, elliott, nico
#20s remaining (9): alex, chris, corey, derek, lily, qk, richard, steven, tom

16. EVERYTHING I DO (I DO IT FOR YOU) – BRYAN ADAMS

0bc5f53bf36ce32495617fef7bbde2bc.689x600x1.jpg

MUSIC VIDEO LINK

STEVEN: 3

CHRIS: 4

WALLACE: 5

ERIK: 6

QK: 9

TOM: 13

DEREK: 14

ELLIOTT: 14

RICHARD: 15

COREY: 16

GIGI: 17

LILY: 18

NICO: 18

ALEX: 20

STEVEN

I like this song. I wouldn't consider it one of my favorite songs of all time, but it does get a high ranking from me out of these '90s songs. It's a nice, romantic love song, and the earnestness sells the song well. Although, Bryan Adams's voice is a bit rough around the edges, so I actually prefer Anoop Desai's American Idol cover.

WALLACE

qQSBs9.gif

"(Everything I Do) I Do It for You" always stood out as my favorite song by Bryan Adams. I think this is a really heartfelt and moving song. He sings this song with a lot of heart and passion. I love how he starts off the song singing:

Look into my eyes – you will see
What you mean to me

My favorite part of the song is the chorus where he sings:

Don't tell me it's not worth tryin' for
You can't tell me it's not worth dyin' for
You know it's true:
Everything I do, I do it for you

I also really love how he builds up the last part 

Oh, you can't tell me it's not worth tryin' for
I can't help it, there's nothin' I want more
Yeah, I would fight for you, I'd lie for you
Walk the wire for you, yeah, I'd die for yooooouuuuu 

You know it's true
Everything I do
Oooh, I do it for you

"(Everything I Do) I Do It For You" is a really powerful and beautiful song. I am not surprised that it was such a big hit for Bryan Adams. I am not sure nor can really see this song doing too well although I would love to see it do well here.

ERIK

Lowkey prefer the Brandy version but this is good too

RICHARD

Meh. This one is pretty, but it’s also pretty schmaltzy. It’s one of the more dated-sounding songs in this bunch, too. I think it’d be more at home in the mid-80s.

COREY

This song sounds both inspirational and tiresome. Unfortunately, tiresome wins out.

LILY

Some days I truly haaate this. But maybe you'll catch me in a mood admitting it's a classic. If I said Brandy outsold for me?

NICO

Sappy and just plain boring.

ALEX

Nap time

15. BABY, BABY – AMY GRANT

a235cb4f733fb25f5f83b2a0f2d31d14.1000x1000x1.jpg

MUSIC VIDEO LINK

ERIK: 5

LILY: 6

GIGI: 7

TOM: 7

COREY: 10

DEREK: 10

WALLACE: 12

RICHARD: 13

CHRIS: 14

QK: 14

ELLIOTT: 16

STEVEN: 16

ALEX: 19

NICO: 19

ERIK

Kinda a bop ngl

LILY

This has all the qualities of a song I shouldn't really like but it doesn't stand here, you betta sing Amy!

COREY

I would've preferred "Every Heartbeat", but this one isn't too bad.

WALLACE

WHvG.gif

I believe that "Baby Baby" is Amy Grant's biggest hit? I don't reallly know much about her but I definitely know and remember this song. I think it's a pretty and cute song. I also think it's a little on the corny and cheesy side too, but I think that's part of this song's charm and appeal. While I do and somewhat recognize the song, listening to it now, I guess I don't remember it as well as I thought I did. :lmao: The parts that stands out and parts I like the most are where Amy sings those Baby Baby lines at the start of each line. Overall, I'm not huge on this but I do think this song is cute and I do like it well enough.

RICHARD

This one’s decently good. Her rich but powerful voice definitely does a lot of the heavy lifting, though, as I think the song would otherwise be more unremarkable.

STEVEN

It's a cute song, but a bit forgettable. I don't think I ever heard this song before, but then I heard this on the radio a few days after I put my ranking together. It's kind of funny how that happened.

NICO

I'm not even the biggest Mariah fan, but you are tellin me we cut some of her good hits and decided to keep this here? Tragic

14. STRIKE IT UP – BLACK BOX

0bf2e22a6a44da81319ab0c99125a3c0.550x555x1.jpg

MUSIC VIDEO LINK

COREY: 1

LILY: 5

NICO: 7

ALEX: 9

DEREK: 9

GIGI: 10

RICHARD: 11

WALLACE: 11

STEVEN: 13

ERIK: 16

ELLIOTT: 17

CHRIS: 19

QK: 19

TOM: 20

COREY

In the nineties, Black Box had three awesome dance songs. This is one of them.

LILY

I think "Ride on Time" usually gets all the Black Box love but let us not forget the (imo, equally) iconic "Strike It Up"

NICO

So fun and creative. There isn't really anything quite like 80 & 90's house music.

ALEX

Had to get up and dance while watching Jeopardy while listening to this

RICHARD

I think this one’s a pretty awesome combination of killer throwback vocals with a more modern rap sound. Definitely a pleasant surprise for me.

WALLACE

R0jJgn.gif

"Strike It Up" by Black Box is one of those songs I don't recognize by its title, but when the uptempo dance music comes in and the background vocals come in, then I do remember it. :bobo: It's another one of those songs. I do really like the female singer on this song and how powerful her vocals are in this song. The rapping is fun here too. This is one of those fun pump up party songs that gets you excited and ready to take on anything that comes your way. :bobo: 

STEVEN

This song is very catchy, and I enjoyed listening to it. But I doubt it's a song I would seek out to listen to again.

ERIK

Failed to even get a simple head bop

13. WHERE DOES MY HEART BEAT NOW – CELINE DION

ac655b7ca593010684ffb83e24414da3.1000x1000x1.jpg

MUSIC VIDEO LINK

CHRIS: 1

ERIK: 2

GIGI: 3

STEVEN: 8

TOM: 9

ELLIOTT: 12

QK: 12

DEREK: 13

ALEX: 15

NICO: 15

LILY: 16

RICHARD: 16

WALLACE: 16

COREY: 18

ERIK

Just celine celineing as always

STEVEN

Celine Dion sounds great as usual. I don't think I heard this one before. There are other Celine Dion songs I like better, but this was nice too.

ALEX

Miss Celine is always singing about her heart, she’s been through a lot.

LILY

Mid-90s Celine does it a little more for me. Just found out that "Think Twice" isn't in the top 100 songs for that year though. Shocked and appalled.

RICHARD

Positives first, Celine’s vocal on this song is fantastic, but I feel like that goes without saying for her. Vocal aside, though, the song is a bit snoozy and unmemorable for me, and it doesn’t really have a hook I can latch onto.

WALLACE

jJkXxy.gif

Aww Céline looks like such a baby in this video, it's kinda adorable to watch. :haha: As far as Céline songs goes, this is alright for me. I am sure I've heard this but I am not that familiar with it. She definitely has better and bigger standout songs in her discography. The verses are kinda boring and not really doing much for me. But she saves it with that voice with how she sings the pre-chorus and chorus, which is gorgeous. I do like the chorus here. Ooh and then she busted out that big "flllyyyy" note, which was impressive. But overall, this is a tricky song for me to figure out to rank. and it actually ranked a little lower than I thought I would have. 

COREY

Most of Celine Dion's songs are epic bores, and this is a fine example. She does sing with a bit of soul, however, and manages to beat out two other songs on this list.

- Aww sad to see "(Everything I Do) I Do It for You" showing up but I'm not totally surprised as I didn't expect it to rank so well. But glad that it managed to make it to the second set. Some of the comments are understandable though. lol love that Brandy's version got two mentions though. :haha: 

- Hmm I think I expected "Baby, Baby" to do better and to have some higher ranks in there (surprised there were no Top 4 ranks for this one). lol Steven's story is funny on this one. But yeah no issues with this placement. Preach the truth there @ Nico's comment. 

- Oooh I think "Strike It Up" did better than I expected as I thought this would have done worse - especially worse than the Bryan and Amy songs, lol. lmaoo I love Alex's comment here. :lmao: But ahhh bummer at no head bops from Erik. :( 

- lmaoo I love Erik's "Just celine celineing as always" comment. :lmao: This is nice but agree with others that Celine has stronger songs and agree on Richard's comment too.

Updates on the #1s and #20s:

#1s revealed (3): gigi, corey, chris
#1s remaining (11): alex, derek, elliott, erik, lily, nico, qk, richard, steven, tom, wallace

#20s revealed (7): erik, gigi, wallace, elliott, nico, alex, tom
#20s remaining (7): chris, corey, derek, lily, qk, richard, steven

12. MOTOWNPHILLY – BOYZ II MEN

a63b614ac01bd4dbcad79efb0ef6dfdf.970x970x1.png

MUSIC VIDEO LINK

WALLACE: 3

ALEX: 4

COREY: 6

LILY: 7

DEREK: 8

STEVEN: 9

ERIK: 10

QK: 11

RICHARD: 12

ELLIOTT: 15

GIGI: 15

NICO: 16

CHRIS: 18

TOM: 19

WALLACE

2c17cb6b3b55bdd41f4e52630817f153.gif

"Motownphilly" is the iconic debut from  Boyz II Men! I love "Motownphilly" and think this is such a great and fun way for Boyz II Men to make their debut onto the music scene. I wish I can remember when or where I first heard this song but I am sure I heard some of their other big hit singles before this song. I really love that new jack swing sound that this song has. The beat and music production of this song is so fun and funky! :bobo: Of course all of the guys of Boyz II Men all sound fantastic on this. I love the intro where they repeatedly sing their names a few times but then once that chorus comes in, I am hooked!

Motownphilly's back again
Doin' a little East Coast swing
Boyz II Men going off
Not too hard, not too soft

Then from the first verse, I really love the part where they sing:

Boyz II Men, ABC, BBD
The East Coast family

The pre-chorus of the song is great too. I love how Wanya starts off singing that part! The vocals and the harmonies they bring to this part (and the song as a whole), it's all so good!

Back in school we used to dream about this everyday
Could it really happen?
Or do dreams just fade away?
Then we started singing them
They said it sounded smooth
Then we started a group and here we are
Kickin' it just for you

The rap verse on the bridge of the song is a lot of fun too! After that, I love how the Boyz bring in THOSE VOCALS and those harmonies, with those "doom doom doom da da da" and "da da di di di di" harmonies! They show they are nothing to mess with with those vocals. :omg: :bobo: 

"Motownphilly" is such a fun and infectious jam. I really hope to see this rank well... and while I have no idea how or where it will rank, I'm keeping fingers crossed that it can make it to the Top 10. 

ALEX

Maybe predictable but this is probably my favorite Boyz II Men song

COREY

Boyz II Men was a slow depressing musical group, but before they were tainted by stardom, they had this one awesome hit.

STEVEN

This is a very catchy song with a cool groove to it. This is the first time I've heard this song, and I enjoyed it. There are other Boyz II Men songs I like better, but this was good.

RICHARD

Definitely a fun and varied song. I feel like this group offered something really fresh with this one. I do wish the song was more rangey, because the whole thing does feel a little one note in the vocals department.

11. FREEDOM! '90 – GEORGE MICHAEL

f9517119dbd1e3fb1f1b06bcdd31c37f.550x551x1.jpg

MUSIC VIDEO LINK

LILY: 3

RICHARD: 4

CHRIS: 5

STEVEN: 5

COREY: 7

WALLACE: 7

ALEX: 8

NICO: 8

TOM: 14

DEREK: 16

ERIK: 17

ELLIOTT: 18

GIGI: 19

QK: 20

LILY

Kinda boosted for the music video, iconic

RICHARD

Really cool song with a pretty awesome groove. It’s mellow, but refreshingly so, and with enough interesting vocals and composition to keep it a compelling listen. The music video for this is pretty great, too.

STEVEN

I do like this song, even though it's not one I listen to much. There are other George Michael songs I like better. I prefer "Freedom" by Wham! too. But this one has a cool sound to it and makes for an enjoyable listen.

COREY

I don't feel like this is a 1991 song, but it beats out a lot of the others this round.

WALLACE

e885deb8-8dc3-47a4-8838-9510354d4e2c_tex

"Freedom! '90" is a really fun and memorable song from George Michael. I actually have no idea what my favorite George Michael song is... and lol I'm kinda curious to figure that out. :lmao: But I do think this is definitely in my Top 5, possibly Top 3 favorites from him. I do like the cool and smooth style he sings this song in. It even has a bit of a funky style to it. But it's fun and I'm here for it! :bobo: The verses are cool and fun. But I really love the pre-chorus and chorus the most of this song where it goes:

I think there's
Something you
Should know
I think it's time
I told you so 

There's something
Deep inside of me
There's someone
Else I've got to be
Take back your
Picture in a frame 

Take back your
Singing in the rain
I just hope you understand
Sometimes the clothes
Do not make the man 

All we have to do now
Is take these lies and
Make them true somehow
All we have to see
Is that I don't belong to you
And you don't
Belong to me yeah, yeah 

Freedom
Freedom
Freedom
You've gotta give
For what you take 

Freedom
Freedom
Freedom
You've gotta give
For what you take

That pre-chorus and chorus is so fun and catchy! I love how it slowly but surely builds up as the song progresses! It's all just so good and catchy. :bobo: I enjoy the verses as a whole, but can't really think of my favorite parts. But I do really like the bridge with the That's what you get, that's what you get parts, as well as the part that goes:

And after all this time
I just hope you understand
Sometimes the clothes
Do not make the man, do not make the man

I also remember seeing this video when I was younger... and it's quite iconic that it has all of these beautiful super models lip synching to his vocals (and glad it wasn't done in a shameful disrespect way like some songs/videos did at that time). "Freedom! ’90" is a great and classic song from George Michael. I would like to see it do well, but it probably won't as it got just a few votes to make it to the finals. But I'm happy to see it make it here, at least. 

ALEX

Every 90’s and 2000’s movie soundtrack has George Michael to thank for writing this song.

10. INNUENDO – QUEEN

99347ea2134079fcb9a67381637d0699.1000x1000x1.jpg

MUSIC VIDEO LINK

NICO: 1

ALEX: 3

RICHARD: 3

ELLIOTT: 4

TOM: 6

QK: 7

ERIK: 8

CHRIS: 11

STEVEN: 14

GIGI: 16

DEREK: 18

WALLACE: 18

COREY: 19

LILY: 20

NICO

It's Queen, you can serve me anything and I will eat it up.

ALEX

Y’all know I love me a song that has ~layers~ to it and a lot of different parts to it where it barely sounds like the same song.

RICHARD

I appreciate how big and grandiose this one is. Lots of distinctive sections, which make the longer listen here more compelling. I’d probably place this at #1 if it had more of a hook, because that’s the only real thing I feel like it lacks.

STEVEN

I first heard this song when Chris Daughtry covered it on American Idol. I haven't listened to the original before until now. The song is kind of interesting, and the way it's structured is unlike other songs out there. It's impressive in that aspect, but it's just not something I would seek out to listen to on my own.

WALLACE

bc235448e38366ba848d63a9f13308eae21b9aac

Of the Queen songs eligible this round, I was hoping for "The Show Must Go On," would have gotten the support to make it through - but of course with my luck, it's "Innuendo." :lmao: I do really like a number of Queen songs, but this is far from one of my favorite Queen songs. I remember first hearing this from Chris Daughtry on American Idol, and I didn't care for that performance much. I did listen to the original during this round... and yeah I like the Queen original a little more. I'm still not big on this but I do feel like this is a very powerful song. Also there's no denying that Freddie Mercury has such a powerful voice and he sings this song well.

COREY

This song is for die hard Queen fans who ran out of popular songs to listen to, and had to scrape the bottom of the barrel for new songs they hadn't previously considered adding to their playlist.

LILY

It doesn't do it for me like other Queen songs. But still, Freddie ❤️

9. ALL THE MAN THAT I NEED – WHITNEY HOUSTON

c5ea859a4ecc62c50003534377ac42da.450x449x1.jpg

MUSIC VIDEO LINK

ERIK: 1

STEVEN: 1

GIGI: 2

RICHARD: 2

LILY: 8

WALLACE: 8

CHRIS: 10

ELLIOTT: 10

ALEX: 13

QK: 13

NICO: 14

TOM: 15

COREY: 20

DEREK: 20

ERIK

I mean....come on

STEVEN

Brilliant vocal from Whitney Houston, as always. I like the instrumentation here too, particularly the saxophone solo. But it's really Whitney's voice that's most impressive here. She sounds lovely on the verses, and then she builds up to that chorus where she shows off the power of her voice. Her voice really shines there. There are other Whitney Houston songs I like better, but I'm sure "All The Man That I Need" would still be somewhere in my Top 10 of her discography.

RICHARD

If I hadn’t placed Whitney at #1 last year, I’d definitely be tempted to put this one there. I feel like this one shines where Celine’s song lacks. It’s compelling in how bombastic it is, but there’s also a lot of light and shade. Soft moments and powerful ones, and Whitney delivers them all with personality.

LILY

Today years old when I found out this is a cover. Then to find out it's been covered like 3 more times. But when Whitney puts her stamp on a song, it's forever Whitney's.

WALLACE

tumblr_oyduv6354c1uhjjsqo5_400.gif

Lmaoo how iconic is it that Erik cut "All the Man That I Need" in the 1990 round and then was half of the duo (with Steven) to advance it in 1991? :dead: But honestly, I do kinda stan it in the sense that "All the Man That I Need" is a much more 1991 song and I was hoping for this song to be in the 1991 list rather than the 1990 list. Ugh I wish I could remember where or when I first heard this song, or if I heard it first from Whitney or not? I'm not sure. But "All the Man That I Need" is an undeniably gorgeous song and Whitney sings this beautifully. Right from the opening verse, I get chills from her: 

I used to cry myself to sleep at night
But that was all before he came

CHILLS! :omg: I love the soul and power that she sings and brings into the chorus, and I really love that part of the song.

He fills me up, he gives me love
More love than I've ever seen
He's all I got, he's all I got in this world
But he's all the man that I need

So good and powerful! ❤️ Then when the instrumental solo part of the song comes and after that, I really love the power that Whitney sings the song with - especially with that opening He fills me up (He fills me up). He gives me love. She means business! :omg:

I'm curious to see how "All The Man That I Need" will rank here. I didn't expect "I'm Your Baby Tonight" to win last round and I think this is the even stronger/more memorable song so I wonder if she can pull a two peat, which I would not be surprised about.

CHRIS

I do love the song but I couldn't bring myself to rank it any higher ; I am not ready for a back to back win, this early in the rankdown. Plus 1992 / 1993 about to deliver us some of her greatest hits.

NICO

Beautifully sung, but don't care much for the song.

COREY

Whitney doesn't often sing sweetly, but some of her songs are more energetic than others. She really bottomed out in this one.

- Aww darn, I was hoping for "Motownphilly" to crack into the Top 10. :( But #12 is a good spot and I'll take that then anything lower, I suppose. Love Alex's love for this one! Not here for that first half of Corey comment but love the latter comment. Ooooh I'm surprised that this was Steven's first time hearing this song but glad he likes it.

- "Freedom! 90" did much better than I expected and did not expect it to make it this high. But it's a fun and great song from George Michael. Oh, there's a "Freedom" by Wham! ? I can not recall ever hearing that one.

- I had a feeling "Innuendo" would do really well and not surprised to see it making it to the Top 10. The ranks for this are pretty polarizing, which isn't too surprising. I agree with Steven on this one, more or less. Also I don't know what to make of Corey's comment there? :dead:

- Well, oh.... I thought "All the Man That I Need" would have done better. So it's quite surprising seeing this show up already at #9. I figured her winning last round could have hindered her in ranks. Wow the rankings for this song are all over the place - with a lot of high ranks, some lower Top 10 ranks and a few #20s in there. But yeah no denying she gave an outstanding and incredible vocal here. Such a stunning song. ❤️ LMAO I'm with Lily in not knowing that this song was a cover beforehand. :lmao: 

Ooof this was kind of a rough set for me. I think I got the following remaining: 1, 2, 4, 6, 10, 13, 15, 17 . 

Lots of #1s and #20s revealed on this latest set.

#1s revealed (7): gigi, corey, chris, alex, nico, erik, steven
#1s remaining (7): derek, elliott, lily, qk, richard, tom, wallace

#20s revealed (11): erik, gigi, wallace, elliott, nico, alex, tom, qk, lily, corey, derek
#20s remaining (3): chris, richard, steven

1 hour ago, Steven_ said:

Lmaoo how iconic is it that Erik cut "All the Man That I Need" in the 1990 round and then was half of the duo (with Steven) to advance it in 1991?

I wonder what it's like to be so confident that your favorite song will advance next year, that you are willing to cut it this year, so your other favorite can be #1.