2024 Dancing with the Stars Rankdown

Alex95

Geraldo Rivera

rs_634x1024-160322063515-634.geraldo-rivera.ch.032216.jpg?fit=around%7C634:1024&output-quality=90&crop=634:1024;center,top

This is my second Edyta cut of the rankdown.  Geraldo was a contestant on Season 22 of Dancing with the Stars.  He was partnered with Edyta.  Edyta had not been on the show for 12 seasons, and they brought her back to be partnered with Geraldo.  Maybe he requested her?  She hasn't been back since partnering with him though.  Geraldo was the first boot of season 22.  He lasted the mandatory 2 weeks on the show, since there was no elimination in the first week.  He danced a Cha-Cha and a Salsa over the two weeks, and both dances received a score of 13.  I didn't care for him on the season, so I suppose its an easy enough cut.

Save: Jerry Springer

• Alex95 changed the title to 2024 Dancing with the Stars Rankdown - Chris' Noms Posted

1174860093.jpg?w=620

Antonio Brown

Make no mistake, I will be coming for Jennie Finch Daigle but I want to do that write-up so I'm saving her this round. And here is my once a rankdown write-up of Antonio Brown.

Like last time I thought that I would just quote my original write-up of Antonio Brown and add a couple hundred word addendum in order to fit the rules. Instead I'll link it here because in the wake of Adrian Peterson being on the show I want to talk about different things. And also of course Antonio Brown has had new arrests and controversies since my original write-up so it feels like I should write some new things to cover all that.

But before I get in to Antonio Brown's new activities as a shit piece of garbage, I want to first talk about why a man like Antonio Brown had MULTIPLE opportunities in the NFL and why a man like Adrian Peterson can come on DWTS and attempt to brand himself as a family man. Why do we gloss over Tyreek Hill's multiple counts of assault or fail to even mention Von Miller's recent domestic abuse charges? Why is the world tripping over themselves to paint a former SDSU punter's accuser of being a liar? Why are the Baltimore Ravens spending their last home game of the season honoring Ray Rice? How can we as women, as people of color, as decent people continue to watch and support the NFL (or MLB or NHL or NBA really choose your league, choose your team and you have to do some sort of mental gymnastics always)? This certainly isn't an indictment on anybody here because I'm probably hands down the biggest sports fan in this thread if not in this forum altogether. And these are the questions I ask myself all the time. Why would I personally draw the line for supporting my team at signing Trevor Bauer but when they signed Arnoldis Chapman I rationalized it as they were signing him to trade him mid-season? Why do I rationalize that I support KC the team but not integral players to their recent Super Bowl runs like Tyreek Hill and Frank Clark (not to mention their racist name)?

It would be easier certainly to give up sports altogether, at least men's sports (though this ignores the bevy of TERFs, Republicans, fundamentalists that inhabit women's sports as well - see Martina Navratilova and soon Jennie Finch Daigle).

And it's all because sports mean more than they probably should and it's hard to escape that. It's a way for straight men to experience emotion and homosocial bonding without fear of their sexuality being called in to question, we project a lot of community and value on sports (much more than we should), and especially in the US sports become frontiers for and extensions of how we think about human rights. If you think that last point is an exaggeration just think of the ongoing argument about trans women in sports or how one of the integral reasons why the North Carolina Bathroom Bill was repealed was because the NCAA was going to ban all competitions in North Carolina. And that's just in the last 10 years.

And because we see Sports as a reflection of ourselves, of our communities, etc. We want to see those athletes who are incredible get their redemption and second and third and fourth chances. It's easier to imagine Adrian Peterson in the Hall of Fame if we don't have to also reconcile that with the fact that he violently beat his children. It's easier to be glad your team signed Antonio Brown after his Nth meltdown if you can ignore his history of sexual and domestic violence.

Anyway, I'm just gonna quote his wikipedia page for his new arrests and controversies. Notice how three in the past 12 calendar months are for failing to make child support payments amongst a count of exposure, a count of domestic violence, and posting explicit photos of a sexual partner without consent:

On October 1, 2022, Brown encountered further controversy after it was reported that he exposed himself to a woman at the Armani Hotel in Dubai. The alleged incident occurred on May 14, 2022, with Brown exposing himself and becoming physical with a female guest in a pool.

On December 1, 2022, Tampa police attempted to serve Brown with an arrest warrant on domestic violence charges related to an incident with his ex-fiancée on November 28, in which he threw a shoe at her during an argument with her.

On January 17, 2023, Brown's Snapchat account was suspended after he posted an explicit photo of a woman performing oral sex on him.

On April 14, 2023, an arrest warrant was issued for Brown for failing to make child support payments. Brown's attorney claimed that he paid over $30,000 in child support after the arrest warrant was issued and that the matter was cleared up.[317][318] In August 2023, an arrest warrant was issued when Brown missed $15,000 in child support payments.

On June 3, 2023, Brown was reportedly asked to leave a Holiday Inn Express hotel in Albany where the Empire was staying. A source told the Times Union that the hotel asked Brown to leave due to complaints of loud music and marijuana smoking. No criminal charges were filed against Brown.

On August 22, 2023, an arrest warrant was issued to Brown for failing to pay child support. A Miami-Dade County judge ruled Brown's arrest on Aug 9, 2023 for missing a $15,000 payment to Wiltrice Jackson, Brown's ex-girlfriend and mother of one of his daughters. Following the report of his arrest warrant, Brown went on a social media rant calling out the media, claiming his arrest warrant wasn't real, and also called out former Steeler Ryan Clark saying ""Fu** the b*tch ass reporter who ever wrote the story! You Mf don't know shit about me ! Where I came from what I been through!! Ryan Clark been a bitch in media say things then apologize next AB name drop we gone strike yo ass boy"

On August 29, 2023, Brown claimed that his behavior stems from his issues from battling CTE, a neurodegenerative disease. "My CTE acting up F*** all y'all whoever played on my name" Brown said in response to reporters calling him crazy. Brown also again denied there was a warrant out for his arrest.

On October 15, 2023, Brown was arrested by the Broward County Sheriff's Office for unpaid child support and released on a $15,000 bond.

Antonio Brown was on season 22 of Dancing with the Stars. He was paired with Sharna. They made it to top 5. He wasn't very bad but he wasn't very good. 

Nelly

16001853765299.jpg

Oh here is someone I was not expecting I would be happy to cut so early on in this game so thank you Chris!

Please if you don't know Nelly's background I highly suggest reading this article written by the daily beast. It sums up my cup in fairly easy terms.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/why-has-everyone-forgotten-about-nellys-sexual-assault-allegations

As for his DWTS journey, he was on season 29 and even dancing with Queen Daniella did not help any bit of me enjoying his journey. I felt extremely uncomfortable about the support this man had and I felt so bad for his victims, yes multiple. Nothing he did was ever as good as the judges made it out to be.

Saving: Bristol Palin

24 minutes ago, *Diana said:

Nelly

16001853765299.jpg

Oh here is someone I was not expecting I would be happy to cut so early on in this game so thank you Chris!

Please if you don't know Nelly's background I highly suggest reading this article written by the daily beast. It sums up my cup in fairly easy terms.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/why-has-everyone-forgotten-about-nellys-sexual-assault-allegations

As for his DWTS journey, he was on season 29 and even dancing with Queen Daniella did not help any bit of me enjoying his journey. I felt extremely uncomfortable about the support this man had and I felt so bad for his victims, yes multiple. Nothing he did was ever as good as the judges made it out to be.

Saving: Bristol Palin

Posting this so it is accurate

Chris Soules

ABC_dancing_stars_jef_150309_16x9_992.jpg

Chris Soules appeared on Season 20 on DWTS and made it to the semi-finals. You read that correctly. Do you remember a thing about his run? I sure don't. He was the resident Bachelor casting of the season, ultimately I can't remember any of his routines. But I don't remember much of this season outside of Rumer, Riker, and "In Da Club". I think Witney did the best she could with Chris, but looking back at the people he outlasted I just think we could have had a lot better than what we got. A few more weeks of Patti being Patti. Willow who seemed like she was getting into her element more. Charlotte because lol imagine. Even Michael and Redfoo who both would have been growers over the season probably. We had eight weeks of Chris and not one was memorable. He since found himself in legal trouble by causing a fatal traffic accident and I'm not sure where he's been since.

Save Chuck Wicks

Tom DeLay

Tom DeLay on DWTS - TV Fanatic

Tom making it this far in the rankdown is actually an impressive achievement for him. One could make the case for him to be cut based on dancing ability and scores and placement. He was partnered with Cheryl on Season 9 and danced 4 times. He got a 4 from Len twice lmao and nothing higher than a 6 from anyone. He got stress fractures in both his feet and withdrew after week 3. One could also make a case for him to be cut based on his political affiliation and long career of making life worse for Americans. One could also make a case for him to be cut based on his criminal charges of conspiracy to violate election law by campaign money laundering and subsequent resignation from position as House Majority Leader. There are also plenty of other icks about him including lobbying, ethics, bribery, etc. yawn goodbye

Save Jake PLEASE STOP INTERRUPTING ME

SEAN AVERY

sean-avery-dwts-ftr.jpg

Sean Avery is a Canadian former professional ice hockey player. During his career in the National Hockey League (NHL), he played left wing for the Detroit Red Wings, Los Angeles Kings, New York Rangers, and Dallas Stars, gaining recognition for controversial and disrespectful behaviour both on and off the ice. Oh, great, another controversial DWTS Casting, no surprise. He was a contestant on Season 18 where he placed 11th with Karina Smirnoff. Season 18 is an iconic season for me because of Meryl Davis slaying every week. However, when it comes to Sean? Eh. He scored a 20 for his Contemporary and then a 21 for his Salsa and then he was eliminated. Not a terrible dancer, but no where near the best of the season. Anyway, out the Rankdown he goes!

Save: Ray Lewis.

• Alex95 changed the title to 2024 Dancing with the Stars Rankdown - Derek's Noms Next

candace-e1491049667266.jpg

Candace Cameron Bure

Candace Cameron Bure was a contestant on Season 18 of DWTS. She was paired with Mark Ballas and I believe she placed 3rd. It's hard to remember anything in that season other than the PERFECTION of the Meryl/Maks partnership so I can't say that I particularly remember any dance she was in off the top of my head. But I do know that she had an air of mediocrity surrounding her. She is one of those contestants that she show has that is never good but never quite bad enough to be tanked by the scores and thus her appeal to the show's "Middle America" (read: White, Straight, and Christian) fanbase keeps afloat all the way to the finale.

Candace Cameron Bure's career started with Full House and that's where it should have ended. She was fine in a show that defines family sitcom mediocrity. After that I'm sure she did acting work but I don't think she really reappeared in kind of "mainstream" conscious until she was the Hallmark darling. In a time where people like me want to like exclusively watch terrible formulaic Christmas movies. Of course Candace Cameron Bure's mediocrity continues there. None of her movies are "surprisingly" good enough to actually watch nor wackily bad enough to watch with a weird curiosity. Of course this all is happening at the same time Netflix was like "Oh people are watching Full House, maybe we should make a sequel?" and thus the terribly mediocre Fuller House was born.

Of course if Candance Cameron Bure was just known for being a mediocre middling actor from a supposedly "beloved" 90s sitcom and then Hallmark movies she wouldn't be nominated nor eliminated this early. But we know that Candace Cameron Bure is afflicted with the disease of being a hateful right-wing bigot. Maybe she's not as outwardly awful as her extremely vile brother Kirk Cameron but she doesn't disavow him. She left Hallmark once they started making gay movies and started with what is now known as "Great American Family." They are behind the streaming site "Pureflix" if you need to know anything more about them. I hate people like Candace Cameron Bure. Who perform Christianity. Who pretend to be relatable so they can sell you Christianity as a product. (Go to her website and purchase digital devotions to use with the free Bible app! Be sure to buy the resources on Christianity she pushes! Make sure you buy her line of jewelry and clothing in the store so people can know you are Christian because Capitalism = Christianity).

She's a bad person and a mediocre dancer.

Saving Carole Baskin!

Edited by totes4totes
  • Like 1