FloorWax ranks the Season 24 Blind Auditions

FloorWax

34 minutes ago, nytsch said:

Ms Monet deserved better imo but otherwise no complaints

around where do you think you would have placed her? I knew that placing her this low would be unpopular but not thaaaat controversial, so I’m curious where most of IDF would rank her audition.

11 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

around where do you think you would have placed her? I knew that placing her this low would be unpopular but not thaaaat controversial, so I’m curious where most of IDF would rank her audition.

That’s hard to know but probably upper half but not like in the top 10 or anything. I can understand her being that low but I really liked the good parts and I do love that song even if I don’t think it was the best fit for her.

• Like 1

If no one gets the clue right in the next 12 hours I'll just post the right answer so y'all can still input ranking guesses.

But again, it has to do with the contestant's occupation (former or current)

16 minutes ago, MILO JAY said:

Can i find their occupation via the voice app?? i think i've looked at every single person lol

The Voice app is geolocked for me so I couldn't tell you 😭 I found the information through an episode recap

36. Brailey Lenderman (Team Niall)

Explanation: Kicking off this set is Brailey, who has the not so great honor of being the only country singer in the Top 56 whom Reba didn’t turn for. Honestly though, I think she did a solid job on her Sheryl Crow cover, with a nice, warm tone to boot. She did struggle on some of the high notes as the coaches pointed out, but it’s not like they were so ear-piercingly off so as to heavily detract from the performance. From here on out, you’ll notice me being a bit more positive, as this is where the “good but not great” auditions start for me (though I suppose you could count Elizabeth in that category as well).

Clue: Like a writing system for the visually impaired - "Braille-ly" wow I'm so funny haha

35. Olivia Minogue (Team Niall)

Explanation: Another singer who seemed to struggle a little with her upper register is Olivia, who, despite starting off strong with her low notes, went just so slightly off the rails when the chorus hit. I feel like this was partly due to the song’s tempo being so damn fast, but either way, I thought she still did a decent enough job with it. She has a good tone, and as long as her song choice aren’t too belty, I think she has the potential to deliver greatness. (Spoiler alert: she did not)

Clue: There's nowhere to hide, since you pushed my love aside, I just can't get you out of my head, your loving is all I think about - Olivia Newton-John + Kylie Minogue

34. Stee (Team Legend)

Explanation: My first thought when finding out that Stee was going to be singing “Sugar” by Maroon 5 for his audition was just… “Why?” With the Voice band’s huge repertoire, I’m lost as to why anyone would choose that song to audition with over anything else. Anyway, Stee still did well enough with a mediocre song to score all turns from the panel. And honestly? I kinda get it. Stee was a captivating performer all throughout and totally rocked the verses. However, there’s only so much you can do with that chorus, even if Stee did try his best. Good singer, bad song choice.

Clue:  But can they do weddings impromptu? I don’t think so - A reference to the song's music video where Maroon 5 crashes weddings.

33. Laura Williams (Team Niall)

Explanation: Ending up far higher than I would have ever expected her to prior to making this ranking is Laura Williams. I went into this expecting her to land close to the bottom, but while she’s still not a favorite, I’ve definitely gained a greater appreciation for her Blind. The low verse was beautiful, and even as her vocals got increasingly manic on the chorus, I think it kind of worked to her advantage? She may be raw, but her voice has a lot of natural power, which combined with her impassioned performance style, made her audition oddly compelling. I heard those off notes, and yet the impression I was left with by the end was still "she killed that". I could have ranked her higher honestly, but I can't completely ignore the messy bits.

Clue: I wonder if they also do a really good Twinkle Twinkle Little Star? - Laura used to be a full-time babysitter. I wonder if she ever used her talents on the job?

• Like 1

I think my favorite here is Brailey actually. Olivia and Laura kinda mixed on, although I can see why someone would enjoy Laura's (still not a 4 chair level though). Didn't like Stee, although I thought he improved in the battle so maybe it was just the song?

Next set of clues:

- How would Bea Alonzo tell Pia Wurtzbach to “chew it”?

- In other words, the two of them are homographs

- John from the female deer?

- This song has been covered several times before, but none have stayed as true to the song title as this contestant has