FloorWax ranks the Season 24 Blind Auditions

FloorWax

40. Kristen Brown (Team Gwen)

Explanation: Maybe it’s just me, but does Kristen remind anyone else of last season’s Holly Brand? I feel like they belong to the same vein of pop country and their stage presence is pretty similar as well. Anyway, that might explain why I’m not too huge on Kristen’s audition. She’s a competent singer, and I actually liked the opening verses a lot, but once she got to the chorus, I just felt like something was missing. I just don’t think her vocals had the power to match how she was selling the song physically. Still, I think she grades higher in most categories than those I listed below her.

Clue:  If only the same could have been done to John and Niall - Neither John nor Niall turned for her, so I guess you could say they weren't "blown away".

39. Jenna Marquis (Team Gwen)

Explanation: I think this had the potential to be great if she had a different arrangement. I loved how she sounded on the opening verse and first chorus, but once the song ramped up it just came off like awkward karaoke. I think she should have kept it ballady the whole way through. Jenna has a really nice tone in spots when she isn’t singing too affectedly, so I think she could have made it work. Basically, while I found her performance to be quite inconsistent overall, I think there were hints of greatness in there. She’s a diamond in the rough.

Clue: A single woman named Fe? Who would want to listen to that? - A dumb pun on "Iron Maiden", the band mentioned in the song's chorus.

38. Ms. Monet (Team Reba)

Explanation: I feel kind of dirty for ranking Ms. Monet this low given how great of a singer she clearly is, but in all honesty, I just did not enjoy her audition very much. The verse was great, and showed off her effortless vocal power, but the rest of the song was just… not my thing. I thought the growls she was doing sounded pretty unpleasant, and even when she started hitting high notes towards the end, they felt either forced or out of place. This is as far up as I can rank her based on vocal strength alone, but yeah, I wasn’t a fan.

Clue: This contestant had sung “with” Blake before going on the show! - Ms. Monet has backing vocal credits on all tracks of Gwen's 2017 Christmas album, which included a duet with Blake.

37. Elizabeth Evans (Team Legend)

Explanation: “All I Wanted” is one of my favorite songs ever, so you know I had high expectations going into this one. Unfortunately, Elizabeth didn’t quite get there. This is a huge song for ANY singer, after all. Most of the big notes were rough, even if she did hit some decent ones. On the contrary, I thought she did consistently great with the parts in her lower register. She really sells the angst of the song, which makes up a little bit for the vocal imperfections. Also, she’s so clearly influenced by alt and pop punk artists in the way she sings, and I love that that genre is finally getting some representation in this competition. I like her, I just wish I liked this audition more.

Clue: Finally, someone who doesn't think the real world is all that amusing - A reference to her singing a Paramore song that isn't "Ain't It Fun"

Anddd the next set of clues <33

- But can they do weddings impromptu? I don’t think so

- I wonder if they also do a really good Twinkle Twinkle Little Star?

- Like a writing system for the visually impaired

- "There's nowhere to hide, since you pushed my love aside, can't get you out of my head, your loving is all I think about 🎶"

Just now, FloorWax said:

Anddd the next set of clues <33

- But can they do weddings impromptu? I don’t think so

- I wonder if they also do a really good Twinkle Twinkle Little Star?

Like a writing system for the visually impaired

- "There's nowhere to hide, since you pushed my love aside, can't get you out of my head, your loving is all I think about 🎶"

Brailey 

Juliette

(the only points I’m ever gonna get in one of these games)

- But can they do weddings impromptu? I don’t think so Mara Justine

- I wonder if they also do a really good Twinkle Twinkle Little Star? Mac Royals?

Edited by MILO JAY

Minor hint for the last clue: the words of “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star” do not matter whatsoever. The clue could just as easily be rephrased as “I wonder if they also do really good nursery rhymes?”

Edited by FloorWax

11 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

Minor hint for the last clue: the words of “Twinkle Twinkle Little Star” do not matter whatsoever. The clue could just as easily be rephrased as “I wonder if they also do really good nursery rhymes?”

Ephraim Owens??? just cause he talks about being a dad. idk i'm so bad at these lmao

20 minutes ago, MILO JAY said:

Ephraim Owens??? just cause he talks about being a dad. idk i'm so bad at these lmao

You’re kind of onto something but also no LOL. It’s about a contestant’s occupation.

Btw your ranking for Elizabeth features Jenna's audition instead. But maybe it's just me.

Agreed with all your writeups for the batch but I'd have a different order. Elizabeth would be last among your latest batch for me and I'd probably have Ms Monet and Kristen a bit higher