FloorWax ranks the Season 24 Blind Auditions

FloorWax

The only one I would put higher is Taylor, definitely in the upper half although I guess we're getting close to there anyway, but she'd probably be in my top 20. Otherwise I think the rest I'd actually have lower lol, nothing wrong with Talakai but basically the definition of a forgettable audition, not surprised he got eliminated in the battles.

4 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

- Jqacuie must have leovd this pfreormance!

Is this JaRae? I think it's referring to Jacquie Lee singing I Put a Spell on You because things are misspelled and that was her audition song

Edit: I mean Back to Black being her audition song lol

Edited by nytsch

6 minutes ago, nytsch said:

Is this JaRae? I think it's referring to Jacquie Lee singing I Put a Spell on You because things are misspelled and that was her audition song

Edit: I mean Back to Black being her audition song lol

5 minutes ago, nytsch said:

Olivia Eden (second to last leak)?

Neither of these are correct but one is VERY close.

2 hours ago, FloorWax said:

Next batch of clues:

- #D2B48C

Stee? Jacquie and Stee seem pretty close. 

If I'm right, Don't give me a point since I haven't participated, but no one gets the point instead lolol 

Edited by Hsamid
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, FloorWax said:

Next batch of clues:

- I guess this contestant craves that kind of buzz

-Buzz = Mac Royals. Something about him preferring the Bee Gees version of his battle song or something

-Dyslexic typing: Jason Arcilla - Feeltwood Mac icon! (and I imagine Alexa is ranked higher)

Parks And Rrec Money Please GIF - Parks And Rrec Money Please Beg -  Discover & Share GIFs

Edited by Someone648

4 hours ago, Someone648 said:

-Buzz = Mac Royals. Something about him preferring the Bee Gees version of his battle song or something

-Dyslexic typing: Jason Arcilla - Feeltwood Mac icon! (and I imagine Alexa is ranked higher)

Parks And Rrec Money Please GIF - Parks And Rrec Money Please Beg -  Discover & Share GIFs

Both right! That isn’t the explanation I had in mind for Mac but that makes perfect sense too LMAOOO

On 11/15/2023 at 8:55 PM, FloorWax said:

32. Rachele Nguyen

Explanation: While Rachele's audition isn't necessarily in contention for being the most technically sound this season, I still grew to enjoy it quite a bit. She has a very pretty pop tone, and she pulled off some pretty clean runs and belts here and there. Unfortunately, she did run into a couple of noticeable pitch issues, and I'm not quite sure she has developed the power that her song choice demanded, but overall, a solid job. If only the rest of her performances were in this lane...

Clue: How would Bea Alonzo tell Pia Wurtzbach to “chew it”? - The Filipino word for "to chew" is "nguyain"

31. Taylor Deneen

Explanation: I distinctly remember not being a fan of Taylor's audition at all when I first heard it, but after some relistens, I thought she did pretty well with a song that hasn't really resulted in the best performances in previous seasons. The beginning especially felt really cool and controlled. As the performance went on, she hit a few notes that made me tilt my head wondering if that was in tune, but for the most part, there wasn't much to complain about. She hit some impressive notes too for sure.

Clue: This song has been covered several times before, but none have stayed as true to the song title as this contestant has - She's the first contestant to cover "Redbone" while wearing red!

30. Talakai

Explanation: Sneaking his way into the top thirty is John Legend's long-lost-twin himself, Talakai. Even though he sounds nothing like his coach, I actually think his tone is appealing in its own way. It's quite distinct-sounding, and definitely contributed to my enjoyment of the performance. Vocally, I don't think he tried do anything too crazy, but that worked to his advantage. The performance had little to no missteps. There wasn't too much to be excited about either, but hey, a solid performance is a solid performance.

Clue: In other words, the two of them are homographs - Homographs are words that look the same but don't sound the same. You put two and two together.

29. Lennon VanderDoes

Explanation: At the top of this set, we have Lennon, one of the season's most recognizable voices due to his unusually high tenor. I can see how some would find a voice like his grating, but it's grown with me over time. For his audition, he sang a heartfelt rendition of "The Night We Met", which, while not one of my favorite indie songs, was a good fit for him nonetheless. The song's slow tempo allowed him to really show off that tone. The only reason he's not any higher is purely because of preference, because he undoubtedly killed this.

Clue: John from the female deer? - (John) Lennon Vander (German for "from the") Does (female deer)

Lennon's audition is so underrated.