FloorWax ranks the Season 24 Blind Auditions

FloorWax

1 hour ago, FloorWax said:

Next batch of clues:

- A certain coach hasn’t heard this song performed since their debut season. They clearly preferred the older version.

- noun: a decisive or final defeat or setback

- The wardrobe department had ONE job with that song

- This contestant comes from a particularly gorgeous house

53 minutes ago, allistr said:

Most definitely Eli Ward cuz he lives in Waterloo.

Correct!!!

Also bumping this to the second page

11 hours ago, FloorWax said:

52. Calla Prejean (Team Gwen)

51. Angelina Nazarian (Team Reba)

50. Claudia B (Team Legend)

49. BIAS (Team Gwen)

I can agree with these being closer to the bottom. I think I'd have BIAS maybe a tad bit higher, but nothing too high up.

4 hours ago, FloorWax said:

Next batch of clues:

- A certain coach hasn’t heard this song performed since their debut season. They clearly preferred the older version. (Kara Tenae)

- noun: a decisive or final defeat or setback (Eli Ward)

- The wardrobe department had ONE job with that song (Claire Heilig)

- This contestant comes from a particularly gorgeous house (Jenna Marquis?)

4 hours ago, Someone648 said:

Next batch of clues:

- A certain coach hasn’t heard this song performed since their debut season. They clearly preferred the older version. (Kara Tenae)

- noun: a decisive or final defeat or setback (Eli Ward)

- The wardrobe department had ONE job with that song (Claire Heilig)

- This contestant comes from a particularly gorgeous house (Jenna Marquis?)

The first three are all correct 🙂

48. Eli Ward (Team Gwen)

Explanation:

Kicking off the second set is Eli Ward, who sang "Bruises", a song that was sung by my male snowflakes in back-to-back seasons. However, as can be seen by his placement on this list, Eli is far from a favorite. I thought there was some potential here; the song choice was a nice fit for his voice and I think he has the chops to sing it well under normal circumstances. Unfortunately, the guy was nervous as hell, resulting in intermittent pitch issues and a nasty voice crack when Gwen turned her chair. Still, he sounded good on the parts where he was hitting the notes, which is better than can be said for a few of those I placed below him.

Clue: noun: a decisive or final defeat or setback - The Merriam-Webster definition of the word "waterloo", which also happens to be the name of the city Eli is from.

47. Brandon Montel (Team Gwen)

Explanation:

Out of the many, many, four-chair turns we had this season, Brandon's was easily the biggest head-scratcher for me. He started off very wobbly on the low notes, but even as the performance grew stronger... I just could not get into it. I'm not really a fan of his tone, which obviously plays a factor. He did have some pretty impressive runs towards the end, which bumps him up, but otherwise, I don't see myself revisiting this one very often. He's a good-looking man though.

Clue: This contestant comes from a particularly gorgeous house - Brandon mentioned being involved in the underground ballroom culture, and the house he's affiliated with is called the House of Gorgeous Gucci.

46. Claire Heilig (Team Gwen)

Explanation:

Winning the award for choosing a song that goes absolutely nowhere is Claire Heilig. While she sang with a pleasant, gruff tone and minimal issues, the performance was simply stagnant the whole way through. Most contestants would try to sneak in at least one glory note in there but for some reason she just chose to let it lay there. Oh well, better to sound good while doing an easy song rather than to have your performance fall apart because you couldn't handle your pick.

Clue: The wardrobe department had ONE job with that song - "I'm wearing Tennessee orange for him"... that dress does not look orange to me, girl.

45. Kara Tenae (Team Gwen)

Explanation:

This was the kind of performance that would seem pretty good on paper, but it just did not work for me in practice. Kara can clearly sing, but her audition was lacking the cool effortlessness that you usually expect from a song choice like "Boo'd Up". I don't know if it came off that way to anyone else, but I felt like she was trying a little too hard at the beginning, resulting in over-enunciation and sloppy phrases. That said, the last ten seconds or so of her performance were incredible and proved that she is much more capable of a singer than her audition would let on.

Clue: A certain coach hasn’t heard this song performed since their debut season. They clearly preferred the older version. - "Boo'd Up" had not been performed since Mari in S16, John's debut season as a coach. Difference is John turned for Mari but not for Kara.

• Like 1

Next batch of clues:

- I've never heard of that fruit, what color is it?

- My love for this performance was in fact, not everlasting nor unforgettable

- Sure, I've always wanted to adorn my apartment with gemstones

- Who knew this show could have such heavy consequences?

• Like 1

- I've never heard of that fruit, what color is it? Taylor Deneen or Noah Spencer

- My love for this performance was in fact, not everlasting nor unforgettable Juliette Ojeda?

- Sure, I've always wanted to adorn my apartment with gemstones LVNDR?

- Who knew this show could have such heavy consequences? Nini Iris? (doubt she would be this low tho. but I see Red is about killing someone so...) 

Edited by MILO JAY

The only one I would disagree with being this low is Brandon but also I didn't think it was that great or anything to actually be bothered by it.

It's a shame though because most of these I actually like the songs (You're So Vain especially) but it just wasn't a very good version.

The gemstones clue is so stupid, I don’t really expect anyone to get it 😭

But as a tip, try reading the contestants’ names slowly and see if any of them sound like phrases / sentences lol

12 minutes ago, MILO JAY said:

My love for this performance was in fact, not everlasting nor unforgettable  Sophia Hoffman

- Sure, I've always wanted to adorn my apartment with gemstones Julia Roome?

Both correct