The Voice General Discussion Thread 🧵

istersay

32 minutes ago, istersay said:

this should be fun for them, wonder if hubby will ever pop up on the voice this season

Even if Blake doesn't appear on camera, he might hang out with Gwen and the other coaches behind the scenes.

Jimmy Iovine has worked with a lot of artists over the past 50 years. He was also American Idol's in-house mentor for seasons 10-12.

• Like 1

Checked out Jordan's tiktok. She's a true crime buff - she's posted a number of true crime and serial killer stories (titles like "Murdered and skinned"). Also ghost stories. Her speaking voice sounds so much like Reba. lol

https://www.tiktok.com/@thejordanrainer?is_from_webapp=1&sender_device=pc

She also posted an explanation of her tiktok strategy - 3-5 posts per day, w grabby intros, to stoke the algorithm. The title is as below but the link takes me to a different page(?). Anyway it's on her tik tok page.

Edited by WastedinMemphis

4 hours ago, WastedinMemphis said:

Checked out Jordan's tiktok. She's a true crime buff - she's posted a number of true crime and serial killer stories (titles like "Murdered and skinned"). Also ghost stories. Her speaking voice sounds so much like Reba. lol

https://www.tiktok.com/@thejordanrainer?is_from_webapp=1&sender_device=pc

She also posted an explanation of her tiktok strategy - 3-5 posts per day, w grabby intros, to stoke the algorithm. The title is as below but the link takes me to a different page(?). Anyway it's on her tik tok page.

Just checked some of her TikTok videos. She definitely sounds like Reba.

• Like 1

Anyone listen to the pitchy podcast?

I found them out about someone here posting their interviews with contestants, but they also review each episode of the voice

As far as I know, they are the only in depth The Voice content out there other than Charlie Mason's reviews and MJsblogs.

I gave them a listen and they are just as if not more enthusiastic about the show than us.

Definitely not for everyone, they are uber positive and as far as I know have never said a performance was outright bad or even mediocre. They essentially say everyone is amazing and can also be pretty hyperbolic with their praise. (At least imo, maybe I'm just a Debbie downer lol)

However, they do give constructive criticism in a very gentle manner and go out of their way to acknowledge the skill and good things in every performance. I do think they are on point a lot of the time with their actual analysis and notice things that we might not.

Anyways, just thought I'd give them a shout out to anyone that wants more voice related content.

12 minutes ago, Hsamid said:

I found them out about someone here posting their interviews with contestants, but they also review each episode of the voice

As far as I know, they are the only in depth The Voice content out there other than Charlie Mason's reviews and MJsblogs.

I gave them a listen and they are just as if not more enthusiastic about the show than us.

Definitely not for everyone, they are uber positive and as far as I know have never said a performance was outright bad or even mediocre. They essentially say everyone is amazing and can also be pretty hyperbolic with their praise. (At least imo, maybe I'm just a Debbie downer lol)

However, they do give constructive criticism in a very gentle manner and go out of their way to acknowledge the skill and good things in every performance. I do think they are on point a lot of the time with their actual analysis and notice things that we might not.

Anyways, just thought I'd give them a shout out to anyone that wants more voice related content.

I did listen to them during season 23. I posted all the links to the episodes in Sorelle's Fan Thread.

• Like 1

Most iconic blind Auditions from The Voice USA part 2 came out.

@Gustavo527

The only one we got correct is Jordan smith... but there will probably be a part 3.

The list for those who can't watch.

Jordan Smith

Bryan Cartelli

Kirk Jay

Hailey Mia

Danielle Bradbery

Lauren Duski

Chevel sheperd

Kyla Jade

Laith AL Saadi

Chloe Kohanski

Season 15 has already been featured 4 times!

I can't say I agree with any of these except Jordan Smith, maybe Kirk Jay, Lauren Duski and Brynn Cartelli? Perhaps we are setting the bar too high for "iconic"...

All of Chloe, Hailey, Kyla, Chevel didn't really pick up steam until KOs. Though their blinds ranged from good to very good, they weren't really anything remarkable and I'm a fan of all 4.

Can't really speak to Danielle Bradbery as I didn't watch the season to know how it was received at the time.

Laith was great, one of the better blinds of the season but hardly a season defining one.

Edited by Hsamid
  • Like 1

On 10/13/2023 at 2:23 AM, Hsamid said:

interesting i listened to s22 blind auditions and i was appalled at how rude they were !! and loud lol. maybe they’ve changed

8 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

interesting i listened to s22 blind auditions and i was appalled at how rude they were !! and loud lol. maybe they’ve changed

Oh really? I only started listening to the S24 blinds and they have yet to call a performance even mediocre. They are definitely still loud though lol.

We're they trashing performances back in s22?

Edited by Hsamid

Just now, Hsamid said:

Oh really? I only started listening to the S24 blinds and they have yet to call a performance even mediocre.

We're they trashing performances back in s22?

i just remember thinking they were very blunt. like if some of the more critical users here made a podcast that’s what it would be like i think. maybe give a few of those episodes a listen if u get a chance

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Hsamid said:

All of Chloe, Hailey, Kyla, Chevel didn't really pick up steam until KOs. Though their blinds ranged from good to very good, they weren't really anything remarkable and I'm a fan of all 4.

Can't really speak to Danielle Bradbery as I didn't watch the season to know how it was received at the time.

As to blinds for Chloe and Danielle, my favs of their seasons, I'd put them both in the very good range but not iconic. I saw both of those live, thought they showed promise but wasn't wowed. I think their appreciation by their fans grew over time as folks saw how they fit with the overall runs. Danielle's Mean fit a shy high schooler perfectly if it wasn't the most challenging - a good introduction. Chloe's didn't jump out among potential rockers but it was clean and competent and had some flash toward the end. Neither would get the iconic label for me.

It's still interesting to me that Adam didn't turn for Chloe. I'd think that she was easily in his strike zone and the BA turned the other three. I've suspected that she was recruited to be Miley bait (or fodder?) since both Chloe and one of the Voice scouts talked about the scout reaching out to her after a band gig in Nashville relatively late for the season. But who knows what was in Adam's mind lol.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

i just remember thinking they were very blunt. like if some of the more critical users here made a podcast that’s what it would be like i think. maybe give a few of those episodes a listen if u get a chance

Oh my gosh you are so right...

Not even 14 minutes into their review of S22 episode 1 of the blinds and they are way more blunt and critical than they've been in all 6 podcast episodes of S24's blinds.

Was shocked my man James said "next" when Tiana Gloss was up for review and Stephanie followed it up with "for some reason she thought she could run" lmaoo.

They must have been told off by some of these contestants cause nowadays they don't even say whether they would turn their chair or not and find good things to say about every performance..

Im glad they are more professional nowadays but not gonna pretend I'm not eating up this more unfiltered side to them..

7 hours ago, Hsamid said:

Oh my gosh you are so right...

Not even 14 minutes into their review of S22 episode 1 of the blinds and they are way more blunt and critical than they've been in all 6 podcast episodes of S24's blinds.

Was shocked my man James said "next" when Tiana Gloss was up for review and Stephanie followed it up with "for some reason she thought she could run" lmaoo.

They must have been told off by some of these contestants cause nowadays they don't even say whether they would turn their chair or not and find good things to say about every performance..

Im glad they are more professional nowadays but not gonna pretend I'm not eating up this more unfiltered side to them..

honestly i just thought it was ridiculously disrespectful... i was excited there was a podcast for the voice but it was so bad that i just stopped listening.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, QueenCami said:

honestly i just thought it was ridiculously disrespectful... i was excited there was a podcast for the voice but it was so bad that i just stopped listening.

Yeah..

I've listened to a few more episodes from their S22 days and yeah they are quite blunt but at the same time I can't say they are wrong most of the time. There were moments were they did cross the line (particularly with no chair turns which they dont review anymore) I think but honestly nothing that I haven't seen on IDF lol.

Anyways, yeah you might like them better nowadays? They are far less critical and when they are they are more gentle about it. I do think they tend to gloss over issues a bit in s24 but I say that as a pretty critical person lol.

Also, It doesnt look like the contestants minded.. quite a few follow them on social media. Even ones they were pretty harsh with (Tiana, Alyssa).

Edited by Hsamid

57 minutes ago, Hsamid said:

Anyways, yeah you might like them better nowadays? They are far less critical and when they are they are more gentle about it.

Maybe, although you mentioned that they are really overly positive. At that point it's not really good commentary anymore so idk?

Maybe the pitchy podcast people are members on here 👀  I wouldn't be shocked considering they're big fans of the show.

2 hours ago, QueenCami said:

Maybe, although you mentioned that they are really overly positive. At that point it's not really good commentary anymore so idk?

I mean, overly positive for me. Might not be the case for others.

2 hours ago, QueenCami said:

Maybe the pitchy podcast people are members on here 👀  I wouldn't be shocked considering they're big fans of the show.

I wouldn't be surprised either, but I can't picture anyone on here being in their 40s..

Edited by Hsamid

1 minute ago, allistr said:

Rudi, Deejay, and Kaylee are in this video.

Kaylee’s audition is in my Top 3 of the season but I find it kinda funny that the title is “pitch-perfect runs” and Kaylee had a pitchy run right when the coaches turned

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

23 hours ago, QueenCami said:

The way they always mispronounced Camilla always made me mad too lmao

• Haha 1