The Voice General Discussion Thread 🧵

istersay

5 hours ago, Gustavo527 said:

No bestie, it didn't work.

(I know you edited your comment but just in case)

omg we r in our agreement era 🥳🥳🥳 (it will almost certainly end on monday)

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)

Since we're talking about Mariah Carey "emotions" cover. This is the only live one I could find on any version of The Voice.

Not perfect, runs are a bit sloppy. But great job on the high notes. And obviously, her being 11 makes it more impressive.

And Christina Marie is probably the only Voice contestant I know that I've seen can consistently cover Mariah Carey well.

Edited by Hsamid
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, Hsamid said:

Since we're talking about Mariah Carey "emotions" cover. This is the only live one I could find on any version of The Voice.

Not perfect, runs are a bit sloppy. But great job on the high notes. And obviously, her being 11 makes it more impressive.

And Christina Marie is probably the only Voice contestant I know that I've seen can consistently cover Mariah Carey well.

Christina Marie :wub: one of the best TVUK ccontestants ever, her not winning was a crime.

Edited by allistr
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Hsamid said:

Elha! Extremely talented singer. Here’s a video of her singing at 15 (she’s the one at the beginning). Puts most of The Voice US’ 15 year olds to shame tbh :haha:

• Like 1

On 4/28/2024 at 10:05 PM, FloorWax said:

Nevermind it’s actually 11 women 1 man but still 💀 Though I guess great male teen singers are very hard to come by as opposed to great female teens.

Update the Finale is 2 women 1 man :haha:

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)

Just realized season 8 has the most coaches participated in the history of the show.

Main coach was Adam, Pharrell, Christina and Blake. One live shows they brought in Usher, Gwen and CeeLo as advisors. Even Shakira showed up in a video.

Nick and Reba were part-time advisors, and many years later they both became full-time coaches.

Among the advisors that season are Meghan Trainor and Ryan Tedder, so you guys might come back to this post in the future, who knows? 

Edited by Kenneth96
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, Kenneth96 said:

Among the advisors that season are Meghan Trainor and Ryan Tedder, so you guys might come back to this post in the future, who knows? 

On another note, Ryan Tedder was supposed to take that man's place after either season eight or nine.  But Blake managed to talk him into staying, so that went out the window.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kenneth96 said:

A new male powerhouse complications had just been published, and guess who's first on the list?

They had Gene, Bryan and Asher to pick from but they went with RLETTO. Interesting, very interesting.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Dan + Shay won Duo of the Year at this year's ACM Awards.

Blake and Gwen appear and perform their newest song at the awards, while Miranda Lambert is also attend. Reba hosted the show.

Here are photos of our coaches at the awards:

reba-mcentire-59th-academy-country-902057465.jpg?strip=all&w=672

acm-awards-frisco-texas-u-902057863.jpg?strip=all&w=592

l-r-gwen-stefani-blake-902058024.jpg?strip=all&w=640

Edited by Kenneth96
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, StarWalker1 said:

Gina Mile's iconic version of "Wicked Games" Is OUT NOW!!!

Always refreshing to hear a Voice artist come out with a track that’s mixed properly and highlights their voice, I’m not sure why that’s so rare 😭

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

23 minutes ago, RTV said:

The Facebook comments on their performance is ridiculous. Almost all comments declared that she can't sing or can't blend with Blake's voice. A few of them call for Miranda Lambert's reaction.

• Sad 2

I'm thinking of doing a game (in the games section of idf). Before I begin it there, I just want to float it by everyone here first! 

The Premise:
5 Coaches (Message Me On IDF, Or Reply On This Topic If You Want To Be A Coach). The first 5 people that reach out are the coaches. I have 50 artists (singers, choirs, orchestras, dancers, etc.) that will be on the show. 10 Artists Per Team. The artists represent my interests:
1. Singing Competition Shows + Eurovision.

2. Choirs + Classical Music + Broadway.

The way for a coach to get an artist on their team is to message me, or reply to me in the game topic that I will create later that you want this person on your team. If there are multiple people vying for an artist, I will use this website: https://wheelofnames.com, to type in all usernames of the coaches who "turned their chairs", and whoever is the last one remaining shall get the artists. Once all teams are full, the knockouts begin. Coaches will let me know their pairings, I will find other recordings of the artists, and "pair", them. The coach will decide based off of these recordings. After the knockouts are finished. The LIVE playoffs (anybody else on idf can vote). Top 25 becomes the Top 20 becomes the Top 15 becomes the Top 10 becomes the Final 5. For the finale, I'll find a bunch of fun random performances filled with celebrities.

Who's interested? 

8 hours ago, QueenCami said:

probably 49/50 of the women on the show can do what he just did… wow

You mean can't?

But yeah didn't even know he could do that.  I think it's the longest I've heard him sustain a note (13-16 sec) and the highest I've heard him go. 

Edited by Hsamid
  • Thanks 1