The Voice 24 ● Cutdown 7 & Battles Premiere ● Discussion

istersay

Some thoughts:

- Deejay vs Ephraim - why did I expect this to be Bublé's Cry Me a River lol. I think this song is harder than it seems and it wasn't perfect, but they both had good parts especially by the end, I honestly thought it was pretty even? Might have to rewatch more closely idk

- Tanner vs Lennon - Ok so I'm crushing on Tanner to absolutely no one's surprise lmao, was a little rough at the start yeah but he grew into it and thought he did what the song required which was a convincing emotional performance along with some cool vocal flourishes. Lennon... that tone just isn't for me idk

- Jordan vs Jackson - still gonna side with Jackson on this one tbh, but I think Jordan is probably the overall more promising vocalist, the song just wasn't quite right for her tone imo, Jackson should've gotten a steal though.

Overall I think CMAR was my favorite tbh?

3 minutes ago, allistr said:

Your thoughts on Riley vs Natasha battle from S11?

Can't remember it lmao

I think kinda indifferent? Riley wasn't bad but he never sang the songs in a convincing way, maybe had to do with his age idk.

7 hours ago, nytsch said:

Some thoughts:

- Deejay vs Ephraim - why did I expect this to be Bublé's Cry Me a River lol. I think this song is harder than it seems and it wasn't perfect, but they both had good parts especially by the end, I honestly thought it was pretty even? Might have to rewatch more closely idk

- Tanner vs Lennon - Ok so I'm crushing on Tanner to absolutely no one's surprise lmao, was a little rough at the start yeah but he grew into it and thought he did what the song required which was a convincing emotional performance along with some cool vocal flourishes. Lennon... that tone just isn't for me idk

- Jordan vs Jackson - still gonna side with Jackson on this one tbh, but I think Jordan is probably the overall more promising vocalist, the song just wasn't quite right for her tone imo, Jackson should've gotten a steal though.

Overall I think CMAR was my favorite tbh?

Damn I thought at least you would appreciate Lennon's tone out of most users here 😭

Prob cause you're a fan of John Holiday like me. Not that they sound anything alike, but they're both really high voices that can be mistaken for female.

Agreed with everything else though.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Hsamid said:

Damn I thought at least you would appreciate Lennon's tone out of most users here 😭

Prob cause you're a fan of John Holiday like me. Not that they sound anything alike, but they're both really high voices that can be mistaken for female.

Same. 😭

I liked Lennon a lot in the battle.

Edited by Hamza Tufail

5 hours ago, Hsamid said:

That’s a good point, I guess it really depends the song choice? John Holiday’s best were in pre lives but even the rest of the songs I thought were okay for him other than the finale. I think some people said that the song was a good fit for Lennon but maybe in this case I really like the original and such a high voice didn’t sound quite right? I also think his tone’s a little more thin than John H if that makes sense.