Kaylee Shimizu Fan Thread

season1

Justin Aaron from S22 might be Kaylee’s biggest fan. Dude was totally blown away by her KO. He was a guest host on Pitchy Podcast. I happened to see a short clip of this, and decided to check it out further on YouTube. 

They started talking about Kaylee at about 1:11:00, and it lasts about 11 minutes, with a few of his own stories mixed in. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, TeamAudra said:

Justin Aaron from S22 might be Kaylee’s biggest fan. Dude was totally blown away by her KO. He was a guest host on Pitchy Podcast. I happened to see a short clip of this, and decided to check it out further on YouTube. 

They started talking about Kaylee at about 1:11:00, and it lasts about 11 minutes, with a few of his own stories mixed in. 

That's a big compliment for Kaylee, to have one of the good vocalists from previous seasons, be a fan.

Edited by season1
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

that's so cool, and he has an account here, Hi if you're lurking Justin :w00twave:and Kaylee

• Like 3

On 11/15/2023 at 3:59 PM, season1 said:

Kaylee posted this picture (with Julia, Rachele and Ruby) on Instagram. I love how the minors seem to have gotten close, and they hang out together.

UAWKQ78.png

https://www.instagram.com/p/Czrvgd1vKoy/

i feel like it's so important to have that support from people your age !! so wholesome to see that they seem to be getting close like you said

• Like 1

1 hour ago, QueenCami said:

i feel like it's so important to have that support from people your age !! so wholesome to see that they seem to be getting close like you said

OT but I remember S15 when Reagan, Kennedy, Chevel and Sarah Grace used to hang out together during the season. They also have school together, so it's almost a given that minors spend a good amount of time together.

Edited by season1
  • Like 1

They finally have all the contestants' official photos and bios on the NBC website. I've been checking every couple of weeks and I just noticed them today.

I added Kaylee's photo and bio to the OP:

ibnycZn.jpg

UxudYJq.png

Edited by season1
  • Like 2

Happy Birthday, Kaylee! 

I haven’t watched all of this yet, but I skipped through it, and caught quite a bit of it. She’s very engaging in these types of interviews, and always gives really good answers. In general, she’s very easy to converse with, and a great storyteller. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 3

Happy 18th birthday Kaylee! She's going to slay whatever song she gets for sure! Hope she had a fantastic birthday. She is so beautiful, sweet, generous, and kind to everyone which I can see it. And she always sings with lots of emotions. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I don’t know what song that is, but she belted an F6 in her full chest voice, and it looked so effortless, we all know she can go higher. 

https://instagram.com/stories/kayleeshimizu_/3243669429358720961?utm_source=ig_story_item_share&igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Impressive. One thing I love about her belting: she does not sound shrill while belting like that.

Here's a streamable upload (available for a limited time):

https://streamable.com/5wze8a

Additional videos from the same event:

https://streamable.com/agoltc (Golden Slumbers)

https://streamable.com/ytgmwt

Edited by season1
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, season1 said:

Impressive. One thing I love about her belting: she does not sound shrill while belting like that.

Here's a streamable upload (available for a limited time):

https://streamable.com/5wze8a

Additional videos from the same event:

https://streamable.com/agoltc (Golden Slumbers)

https://streamable.com/ytgmwt

Looking at some of the photos she posted standing next to other people, you see how tiny she is, and it’s hard to process that it’s she same person who, in those wresting videos she posted, was literally picking up her opponents and throwing them to the ground. :haha:

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, QueenMae16 said:

It honestly sucks that Kelly couldn't work with her, they would be a match made to win.

She's outstanding in this performance.

Kelly would have definitely been all over this. :yes: 

I didn’t watch the episode tonight. I’ve pretty much checked out on the season. Good luck to Kaylee in the playoffs tomorrow. Also, if she didn’t make it, I’m not going to come back and complain about it. It is what it is. 

• Like 4

:wub: Loved her performance tonight

Kaylee Shimizu, “You Put a Move On My Heart” — Grade: A | At first, I wasn’t wowed by Kaylee’s efforts on Quincy Jones/Tamia’s ballad. But once she got to the belting part of the number, it was like, whoa. The kid has a voice that goes for miles, stops, turns around and asks, “Want me to go a few more miles? ’Cause I can” and then does. John was duly impressed with the warmth of her low tones and the heights she could scale with her high ones. “You’re ready to be a big star.”

tvline

image.png.faeb752629fbd82f03db022411b571d3.png

image.png.65e35df91e523b11ff62d60d85e7853d.png

• Like 4

Kaylee got absolutely robbed and was done dirty, of course John picks such a meh song choice for her because reasons.

Despite that, she slayed it, just imagine a much better song choice.

Whatever, Kaylee should be proud, she was a top vocalist this season(highkey the best) and with still room to improve at 17/18 years old.

She'll do great in the future and I hope to see her post more performances on whichever platform.

• Like 5

Just now, QueenMae16 said:

Kaylee got absolutely robbed and was done dirty, of course John picks such a meh song choice for her because reasons.

Despite that, she slayed it, just imagine a much better song choice.

Whatever, Kaylee should be proud, she was a top vocalist this season(highkey the best) and with still room to improve at 17/18 years old.

She'll do great in the future and I hope to see her post more performances on whichever platform.

Hoping for the best for her future, so much talent ❤️ 

• Like 7

On 11/27/2023 at 10:36 PM, TeamAudra said:

Singing the full version of “Golden Slumbers” at her show last week. Total slayage…

I'm glad she posted that performance. It must be hard for her seeing the comments about her elimination yesterday.

At least the comments got better tonight, more positive and encouraging:

GZCxQqL.png

• Like 5

Even with a bad song choice Kaylee still delivered. Most would crash and burn, but she rose to the occasion. 

This girl never missed a beat and was eliminated???? Make it make sense. John could have won with her, but oh well, his loss. 

The best vocalist of the season by far. She seems to be taking it in stride. She has a future with her voice alone, so many doors will open for her.

Will be keeping track of her journey, I am sure it will be a great one. So much talent at a young age, and so much room to grow. We have just seen the beginning of what she is capable of. 😉

• Like 5