Weekly Rank the Houseguests: BB25

Alex95

On 11/11/2023 at 2:37 PM, Alex95 said:

Overall (+/- from Week 1)

1. Cirie (=) - I cannot praise her enough. She combines elite gameplay and top-tier entertainment in a way most reality stars could only dream of doing. I have been a Cirie fan all my life, I won't deny that. But watching her on live feeds gives me a whole new appreciation for Cirie as a player and a character. Not only is she one of the funniest people we've had the pleasure of watching, she is snarky, she is petty, she is a social butterfly. Being able to watch how she wins people over so easily and why she is one of the best social player in reality tv history on 24/7 live feeds was everything.

2. Felicia (=) - Look she pissed me off at times, but all the best do. I'd rather go on a roller coaster journey with a houseguest than feel nothing. Felicia is one of the best casting decisions of all-time. Straight up. A tragic backstory and one of the funniest human beings to ever walk the face of this earth. There wasn't a moment she was on screen where I wasn't dying of laughter. She is also super confrontational in a way we don't get to see on Big Brother anymore. I'm pretty sure she confronted about half this cast at one point in time ❤️. Also her power trip HOH week was probably my favorite week of the season (even if it ended in heartbreak). She could be a bit nasty, but I do think she has a big heart and watching her for almost 100 days was a pleasure.

3. Izzy (=) - The show never realized what a star they have in Izzy and it's a shame. I can't even really put into words the Izzy experience, she just has to be watched. The crack'd way she would rant about whoever was pissing her off in the moment. Highlights include sobbing about how much she wants to hate Cameron, telling Cameron she doesn't give a shit about his relationship with Reilly because she's a cold ass bitch, teaching Jared feminism for a full night, the way she would pretty much physically attempt keep her mouth shut whenever Cirie gave her a dirty look for interrupting her, etc. Izzy has the special talent of wearing everything she's feeling on her face and she can't control it. When she felt an emotion, it all came pouring out of her like a tsunami. Especially fun when she's holding the secret of the most powerful player in the game and helping her run the game. Cirie & Izzy's bffmance was the heart of the season for me and I need photo evidence of Izzy at the Fields Family Thanksgiving at the end of this month or I might cry.

4. Hisam (+6) - The perfect pre-jury villain. A flawlessly delusional three week rise and fall. I saw the potential in Hisam's first week and I just needed him to own his villainy. Then he won HOH and that's exactly what he did. Who could forget Hisam nominating Cameron because he said he's a Hufflepuff ❤️. The Hisam reign of terror was super fun, but his downfall was even better. I've praised the Hisam eviction episode multiple times, and I will continue to do so because it is truly a cinematic masterpiece. Hisam's mannerisms and the way he talks in the DR is completely bizarre and also wildly entertaining. The season lost a bit of its spark when Hisam went home.

5. Mecole (-1) - I mentioned in the other thread this is a top heavy cast because I can never think of anyone outside of my top four again and be perfectly content with that. Meme had the most highs and the least lows of everyone left I guess? The storage room rants were very fun. I think Meme frequently had a strong read on the game. I guess if Meme did get a second chance I would welcome it because there's a whole lot of potential there. But when it comes to what she actually provided this season, when I think of the BB25 cast in about six months I think I'm gonna have trouble remembering what was the name of that girl who came in 10th place.

6. Blue (=) - I wish we saw more of the genuine Blue. I think there's a good character there. I'll always think about her tears when Jag was saved with the power, it was such a beautiful and non-artificial moment from Blue. As was the moment she revealed to Cirie she knows her secret. But the majority of what we got from her was KITTY KITTY PURR PURR. Blue on the show sucked, there's no way around it. One of the worst DR voices ever. On the feeds she was better. The Jared showmance was probably my favorite of the season from an entertainment standpoint because I was intrigued by the danger of it all. But it still wasn't great tv. And she was just frustratingly stupid her last two weeks. Maybe I'd like to see a more mature Blue again in a few years. But for now she can stay home.

7. America (+1) - I don't know what it is about these pretty young girls who inspire massive fanbases on BB twitter. America certainly had her moments. Telling Jag to f*ck off was definitely a highlight. *Checks notes* Oh it appears that's it! Similar to Meme, I think America has potential. If she ever came into power we might've seen a whole new side of America that would have me stanning. But as it is, she was pretty much a less hateful Alyssa Snider without the racist boyfriend? So yeah better than Alyssa, but not by much.

8. Cory (-3) - The nerdy white guy superfan is just not the archetype for me. We've seen it a million times before, I don't need to see it again. He's pretty much this high for not being awful or irrelevant like everyone else below him lol. I actually liked him at times on the feeds. I liked him a lot with the Cirie group. As they all ran around like chickens with their heads cut off and he had to reign them all end, that was funny. Then he turned against them. I don't blame him on a gameplay level, but it's not like I was rooting for him to pull it off. He did completely destroy Jared in their argument so good on him there. But then he became entangled in Americory and the two of them whispering sweet nothings into each other's ears became an instant feeds changer.

9. Jared (=) - This feels way too high for Jared, but everyone below him is also awful? I think Jared is a sexist moron who needs to take many classes in feminism. And then take some classes in how to not ruin your mother's Big Brother game. He has impressed me post-show in his willingness to confront what he's done and take accountability instead of simply denying everything. I know bare minimum, but when it comes to Big Brother bare minimum is genuinely amazing! I give Jared credit for his drama. The Cory fight and the Felicia/Cirie fight. The two biggest fights of the season, Jared is in the heart of them. For that I thank him. Also Jared winning the wall was undeniably an exciting moment. To be clear this is not a high ninth place. But ranking this cast proved to be very difficult and he has impressed me post-show. His bad moments on the show still far outweigh the good.

10. Kirsten (-3) - She was fine. People declared the season over when she left week one but it clearly wasn't. I don't think she ever knew what she was getting into. She might've been entertaining had she lasted longer. But she's not one of the first boots I'm losing sleep over when it comes to reality show first boots.

11. Cameron (+5) - One of my toughest rankings. He still rubs me the wrong way. I don't think we're gonna find out the cast's true feelings on Cam due to his AFP win, but maybe I'll be wrong. The thing about me is, I'll give 10's when 10's are due and dude brought more entertainment than more than half the house. I am forever obsessed with his dramatic breakup with Red. And his second HOH did provide us with some good tv, while simultaneously ruining the season. If he got evicted when he was supposed to and stay evicted, I might have a bit more appreciation for him. But I hate that he came back, he sucked when he came back, and I'm very relived the return was short-lived. And I still find him questionable on a human level lol. But on the other hand he sang "A Whole New World" to a sobbing Blue when she was pleading her her BB life so I just physically can't rank him lower.

12. Reilly (+1) - Taylor was completely right that taking Reilly out was the best move of the season because look how these boys continued to obsess over her despite the fact that she only lasted two weeks. Reilly was fine for two weeks. If she stayed a week two boot we never thought about again I might've been a bit higher on her. But the Cappy-esque stranglehold she had over the season from beyond the grave was too much to handle, and the HOH letter combined with pulling a q-tip out of her bra in the finale is just a bridge too far.

13. Bowie Jane (-1) - Ask me to rank again in a month and maybe Bowie Jane is like top 8 or something. She was a useless townsperson for the first half of the season and I was okay with that. She wasn't actively detracting from the game in any way, she provided some background laughs. What more could you want from a townsperson? Welp she got a taste of power and decided to become a season ruining monster. Think of your useless final three jury goats on Survivor whose one goal in life is to enable some awful men and lose to them. Your Natalie Tenerelli's, your Laurel Johnson's. Bowie Jane became the Natalie Tenerelli of Big Brother 25 and I truly can't think of a worse insult. She was also nasty af, at least be fun if you're gonna single-handedly ruin the season! Victoria Rafaeli was nice enough to be fun the whole time and never actually win anything so I can't actually blame her. With Bowie Jane she actually won stuff so I can blame her!

14. Matt (-3) - Matt had two saving graces early on. He seemed like a nice guy and he was willing to be a Cirie minion. Well he pretty much torched both those points in his favor the last month of the game. While shittalking is normal, he was kind of insane in his Americory hatred. I am faaaaaar from an Americory stan, but Matt was unhinged. He also was responsible for Cirie's eviction. So what kind of Cirie minion can he be? The only joy that gives me is Matt taking out Cirie proved to the jury how little control he has over the game and contributed to him losing. I find it incredible how Matt was disadvantaged by the show and managed to become Thee Player of the season in the middle portion of the season. I also find it incredible how easily he burned that position, all while never becoming an interesting character in the process, apart from his almost GinaMarie-esque ability of obsessing over a girl he knew for two weeks.

15. Jag (-1) - Jag is a perpetual victim. He went to the Vanessa Rousso School of needing a Reason to take someone out so anytime he turned against someone, it was because they were the worst human being in the world. While Vanessa would confront people and make a mountain out of a molehill, Jag would simply cry to Matt about how he's been bullied and life is just so unfair. Jag was a frustrating pre-jury boot who survived his eviction and went on to blandly win every single competition for the rest of the season. I don't blame Jag for that. He used his competition wins well to position himself to win the game. I blame the producers who forgot that there were 60 year old women competing on this season expected to take down Jag. I'm glad Jag won over the rest of the final three though. Since the Meme vote he ran the game.

16. Red (-1) - Besides Luke who the producers decided to pretend never existed, Red probably brought the least to the season overall. He was in over his head and was only there to deliver cringy pre-rehearsed lines in the diary room. The Cam breakup was funny, but that's all I got. Yet they gave him a segment in the recap episode and not Izzy. Make that make sense! Also his eviction is a reminder of Cirie's worst mistake in the game and I don't like to think about it 😭

17. Luke (=) - Not only his racist, but the way he continues to double down on what he did and refuse to take accountability tells me everything I need to know. This man is trash and has no interest in growing. Now I never want to think about him again.

America was a far more active player than Alyssa and orchestrated the Izzy flip which was the biggest move of the season. She definitely is messy and played actively bad at points but comparing her to Alyssa is just not right lol

Edited by CocoaPuffs

22 minutes ago, CocoaPuffs said:

America was a far more active player than Alyssa and orchestrated the Izzy flip which was the biggest move of the season. She definitely is messy and played actively bad at points but comparing her to Alyssa is just not right lol

I wouldn't say America orchestrated it, but she definitely planted the seeds. Alyssa flipped the game a few times as well, but on accident and never in her favor :dead:. So yeah, maybe not a fair comparison lol. But pretty young girls making it close to the end without a comp win. That's kinda where I was going.

1. Felicia - one of the most inspired casting decisions of all time. Consistently entertaining from beginning to the end, unafraid ro directly call people out, and a perfect bland of strategic savvy and delulu. Can’t wait for her returnee appearance

2. Cirie - my feelings on her this season are very complex, but she’s one of the most engaging rtv characters in the cbs cinematic universe. Her gameplay certainly was…something this season, and it’s kind of hard for me to overlook because it’s what caused bb25 to go downhill, but at the same time when the season WAS good it was good because of Cirie. Also watching her basically loathe the big brother experience for the last like 60 days was magical 

3. Bowie Jane - I know that Bowie Jane standom is very much a me thing, but idc. Watching her go from fodder token foreigner to power player over the course of the season was surreal, culminating with her going 100 days without touching the block and getting third (and based on her ET interview right after the show I think her case to the jury would’ve been much better than Matt or Jag’s) was fascinating. What makes it more fascinating is the fact that it came from THIS houseguest. FBJ was a UTRP minion for Cirie who Cirie and pretty much most of the cast decided they hated and were shook by a fictional alliance she was in that Cory invented out of thin air. Then Cam decides they’re bffs despite the fact that she hates him fjfjfjfjfjfjfkf. Then she links up with the only other people who can win comps and gets to F3 without touching the block, with some iconic stuff along the way such as covering up her career, lying about being 10 years younger than she was, and telling Cory to stop campaigning. Couple that with the fact that SHE somehow became the vector for the fanbase’s hate and frustration with this season. And despite all of this was easily the most underedited person on the cast who had less DRs at the end of the day then almost everyone evicted after MECOLE. Throw in the fact that apparently her name is Miranda? Who is this woman?? I anxiously await for McDonalds Films to cast her as the lead in a superhero origin movie for The Hamburglar

4. Hisam - robbed god. His eviction was simultaneously the peak of the season in terms of narrative storytelling and the moment it was clear to me things were gonna get bad down the line

5. Blue - I think I *get* the Blue appeal as an ironic queen. Jumping from one outsider alliance to another is hysterical, and her commitment to the bit was incredibly cringe to the point it circled around to being interesting?

6. Izzy - less problematic Ivette if Ivette left too early. Very much someone I knew I would feel conflicted on in real time but would appreciate in retrospect but she left too early to leave much of a legacy :(

7. America - she is NOT what either her supporters or detractors think she is. She’s basically what I would expect the median bb houseguest to be. Clearly understands big brother on paper and has the initiative to try to make something happen but doesn’t have the social game or competition agency to execute anything. Her and Cory were Fine as far as showmances go but the obsession people had with her is baffling? 
8. Mecole - liked her a lot as a person, and she’s clearly one of the most intelligent and capable people in the house. The problem I think was she didn’t have the (1) initiative in the game to make something happen in no small part because she didn’t (2) vibe with these people socially at all, which resulted in her giving us the (iconic) storage room rants and not much else. Would’ve loved to see her with an HoH 

10. Cory - I started out vibing with Hisam and not liking him, then he won me over, and now I just feel apathetic?

11. Reilly - I do think it’s interesting that she would’ve ran a cult had she stuck around despite being such an extremely average person in terms of charisma and personality, but…
12. Kirsten - her inventing a love triangle on her mind that would actually go on to be sort of relevant months later is kinda funny

13. Cam - Cam as a character sucks. Cam in the game though was a good catalyst for changing up the status quo, but the status quo that replaced it was worse so was it really worth it?

14. Red - loyal Cirie minion taken too soon but like by Cirie herself lmao. I do think it’s interesting that *his* eviction ended up being probably the most consequential one of the season when I don’t think I ever really cared about him?

15. Matt - blah that’s all I have to say. Overrated gameplay because he’s a conventionally attractive man, but still should’ve beaten Jag (although Bowie should’ve beaten them both). Clearly has some big personality problems, and has a lot of growing up to do and grass to touch

16. Jag - unironically the worst player to ever win this show and that’s saying something. I could forgive it if he had a good personality, but he’s just a perpetual victim who doesn’t even have the charisma to make it fun. Worst finale speech I’ve ever seen also I’d vote for whoever he was sitting next to out of spite lmao

17. Luke

18 hours ago, PandorasBox said:

1. Felicia - one of the most inspired casting decisions of all time. Consistently entertaining from beginning to the end, unafraid ro directly call people out, and a perfect bland of strategic savvy and delulu. Can’t wait for her returnee appearance

2. Cirie - my feelings on her this season are very complex, but she’s one of the most engaging rtv characters in the cbs cinematic universe. Her gameplay certainly was…something this season, and it’s kind of hard for me to overlook because it’s what caused bb25 to go downhill, but at the same time when the season WAS good it was good because of Cirie. Also watching her basically loathe the big brother experience for the last like 60 days was magical 

3. Bowie Jane - I know that Bowie Jane standom is very much a me thing, but idc. Watching her go from fodder token foreigner to power player over the course of the season was surreal, culminating with her going 100 days without touching the block and getting third (and based on her ET interview right after the show I think her case to the jury would’ve been much better than Matt or Jag’s) was fascinating. What makes it more fascinating is the fact that it came from THIS houseguest. FBJ was a UTRP minion for Cirie who Cirie and pretty much most of the cast decided they hated and were shook by a fictional alliance she was in that Cory invented out of thin air. Then Cam decides they’re bffs despite the fact that she hates him fjfjfjfjfjfjfkf. Then she links up with the only other people who can win comps and gets to F3 without touching the block, with some iconic stuff along the way such as covering up her career, lying about being 10 years younger than she was, and telling Cory to stop campaigning. Couple that with the fact that SHE somehow became the vector for the fanbase’s hate and frustration with this season. And despite all of this was easily the most underedited person on the cast who had less DRs at the end of the day then almost everyone evicted after MECOLE. Throw in the fact that apparently her name is Miranda? Who is this woman?? I anxiously await for McDonalds Films to cast her as the lead in a superhero origin movie for The Hamburglar

4. Hisam - robbed god. His eviction was simultaneously the peak of the season in terms of narrative storytelling and the moment it was clear to me things were gonna get bad down the line

5. Blue - I think I *get* the Blue appeal as an ironic queen. Jumping from one outsider alliance to another is hysterical, and her commitment to the bit was incredibly cringe to the point it circled around to being interesting?

6. Izzy - less problematic Ivette if Ivette left too early. Very much someone I knew I would feel conflicted on in real time but would appreciate in retrospect but she left too early to leave much of a legacy :(

7. America - she is NOT what either her supporters or detractors think she is. She’s basically what I would expect the median bb houseguest to be. Clearly understands big brother on paper and has the initiative to try to make something happen but doesn’t have the social game or competition agency to execute anything. Her and Cory were Fine as far as showmances go but the obsession people had with her is baffling? 
8. Mecole - liked her a lot as a person, and she’s clearly one of the most intelligent and capable people in the house. The problem I think was she didn’t have the (1) initiative in the game to make something happen in no small part because she didn’t (2) vibe with these people socially at all, which resulted in her giving us the (iconic) storage room rants and not much else. Would’ve loved to see her with an HoH 

10. Cory - I started out vibing with Hisam and not liking him, then he won me over, and now I just feel apathetic?

11. Reilly - I do think it’s interesting that she would’ve ran a cult had she stuck around despite being such an extremely average person in terms of charisma and personality, but…
12. Kirsten - her inventing a love triangle on her mind that would actually go on to be sort of relevant months later is kinda funny

13. Cam - Cam as a character sucks. Cam in the game though was a good catalyst for changing up the status quo, but the status quo that replaced it was worse so was it really worth it?

14. Red - loyal Cirie minion taken too soon but like by Cirie herself lmao. I do think it’s interesting that *his* eviction ended up being probably the most consequential one of the season when I don’t think I ever really cared about him?

15. Matt - blah that’s all I have to say. Overrated gameplay because he’s a conventionally attractive man, but still should’ve beaten Jag (although Bowie should’ve beaten them both). Clearly has some big personality problems, and has a lot of growing up to do and grass to touch

16. Jag - unironically the worst player to ever win this show and that’s saying something. I could forgive it if he had a good personality, but he’s just a perpetual victim who doesn’t even have the charisma to make it fun. Worst finale speech I’ve ever seen also I’d vote for whoever he was sitting next to out of spite lmao

17. Luke

You’re missing Jared!

Ooof, this is one of, if not the hardest casts ever for me to rank. :dead: And it took me forever to figure out. I only loved/really cared a lot about #1 & #2 and really like #3. Then #4 through #12 are all interchangeable/tied for me (all of whom I do like), pretty much. :haha: Also kinda like #13. Comparing them from Week 1 to now. 

1. Cirie (=)
2. Felicia (=)
3. Matt (+4)
4. Jared (=)
5. Blue (+4)
6. America (-1)
7. Cory (+5)
8. Izzy (+3)
9. Mecole (+4)
10. Kirsten (-7)
11. Reilly (-5)
12. Hisam (-2)
13. Bowie Jane (+1)
14. Jag (-6)
15. Cameron (+2)
16. Red (-1)
17. Luke (-1)

Overall (+/- from Week 1)

1. Cirie (=)
  2. Felicia (=)
  3. Izzy (+1)
  4. Hisam (+4)
  5. Mecole (-2)
  6. Blue (+5)
  7. America (+5)
  8. Jared (+1)
  9. Cory (-4)
  10. Kristen (-4)
  11. Bowie Jane (+3)
  12. Matt (-5)
  13. Cameron (+3)
  14. Reilly (-1)
  15. Jag (-5)
  16. Red (-1)
  17. Luke (=)

11 rankings overall!

Overall (+/- from Week 1):

1. Cirie Fields (=) - 1.8

2. Felicia Cannon (=) - 2.7

3. America Lopez (+3) - 5.45

4. Blue Kim (-1) - 5.55

5. Izzy Gleicher (+5) - 6.0

6. Hisam Goueli (+8) - 7.3

7. Mecole Hayes (=) - 7.8

8. Cory Wurtenberger (+4) - 8.5

9. Reilly Smedley (-5) - 8.9

10. Kirsten Elwin (-5) - 10.0

11. Bowie Jane Ball (+2) - 10.2

12. Matt Klotz (-3) - 10.5

13. Jared Fields (-5) - 11.0

14. Jag Bains (-3) - 12.6

15. Cameron Hardin (+1) - 13.5

16. Red Utley (-1) - 14.1

17. Luke Valentine (=) - 17.0

Np2Jwt3.png

Cirie is the overwhelming fan favorite sweeping most of the weeks with Felicia & America rounding out the top three. Cirie dominated most of the season as well, despite being a bit polarizing towards the middle. Meanwhile, Luke was unanimously last place receiving last place rankings from everyone, with Cameron & Red rounding out our bottom three. A rough showing for the eventual final three, all finishing below the first houseguest evicted.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Alex95 changed the title to Weekly Rank the Houseguests: BB25