2022 Reality Stars Rankdown

Alex95

• Alex95 changed the title to 2022 Reality Stars Rankdown - Wally's Battle Posted
  • Alex95 changed the title to 2022 Reality Stars Rankdown - Zoey’s Battle Next

Shannon St. Clair (The Challenge USA 1)

Shannon St.Clair's Amazon Page

We first met Shannon as part of the Love Island US3 cast. That's the same season our buddy Cashay was from. Cashay and Shannon joined the first USA season of the Challenge which honestly sounds like a fun concept, if you watch all the Survivor BB CBS etc. shows and never watched the Real World etc. shows this is a fun way to get introduced to The Challenge series. Shannon's run on this season was pretty unremarkable. She went out pretty early but not early enough to be an iconic first out and she never won any weeks or survived any arenas before getting the boot in episode 6. 9th out of 4 for the women on this season. The week she lost she was paired with Derek Xiao but together they were unable to conquer the Spelling Eeb challenge. 

John Franklin "Carol" (The Circle (American Season 4) )

john-franklin-mama-carol-netflix-the-cir

The Circle is a show that I was kinda interested in checking out and getting into, specifically with the first 2 seasons or so? I heard a lot about the show but I just never got a chance into watching it. Now I don't really care so much to catch up on it but maybe that could change within time? The show is interesting as players compete against each other without ever actually meeting in person. They talk to each through a simulated social media interface, where they can either play themselves or a catfish person of their choice. It does sound very interesting. We're going to talk about John Franklin here. John Franklin "Carol" is a 24-year old content creator from New Jersey, who competed on the 4th season of The Circle. Rather than playing as himself, he chose to play as his 63 year old mother, Carol. I've also chosen the picture above as I assume this is John and his mother, Carol - so it's nice to have some context of who he was playing. John aka "Carol" entered the game on Day 1. I'm also curious to see how he played as her too. I'm having fun imagining this. :haha: One of the contestants, Josh "Bru" Brubaker, gave the anti virus to John "Carol," which is a save from being blocked - which meant that Alyssa was blocked instead. However, that luck was short lived as the influencers/fellow contestants chose to block John "Carol" on Episode 11 all the way through 13. I'm learning that being blocked means they were eliminated. So that means John "Carol" was eliminated on Episode 11 - coming in 8th for the season.

The voters saved: Fleur East & Vito Coppola 

fleur-and-vito-samba-strictly-come-danci

• Alex95 changed the title to 2022 Reality Stars Rankdown - Zoey’s Battle Posted
  • Alex95 changed the title to 2022 Reality Stars Rankdown - Akshar’s Battle Next

Molly & Carlos robbed, but I was expecting that. 😭 Of course me trying to protect Fluer & Vito gets her bestie Molly & Carlos out. :broken: Though if I put up Molly on my round then Fleur probably would have gone this round. I guess at least Molly & Carlos made the Top 200, so yay? But still they deserved so much better. :broken: I loved their journey and dances, so I'll post a few of my favorites from them. ❤️ 

Happy for Alexis making it through though as she shouldn't have gone this early either.

• Alex95 changed the title to 2022 Reality Stars Rankdown - Akshar’s Battle Posted
  • Alex95 changed the title to 2022 Reality Stars Rankdown - Chris’ Battle Next
  • Alex95 changed the title to 2022 Reality Stars Rankdown - Chris’ Battle Posted

TREVOR DONOVAN & EMMA SLATER

Trevor-Donovan-Emma-Slater-dancing-with-

Trevor Donovan is an Actor & Model that I have never heard of prior to his appearance on Dancing with the Stars season 31. He was partnered with Emma Slater. Tyra kinda was shipping Trevor & Emma in front of SASHA, like come on now, Tyra, do better. But, Trevor did also entertain that idea, lol. But, anyways. He started off in Week 1 really weak with a very disappointing Quickstep to which he scored 21 for. After that first dance, I was like yup, there's no hope. BUT THEN. In Week 2, he performed a very steamy and impressive Rumba to "Always on My Mind" which is a song that I adore so I was already invested in their performance but damn, did he do a good job and I was like oh....maybe there's some hope after all. I think overall he was a pretty decent dancer and kept improving. My favourite performance of his has to be his Contemporary, that deserved a damn 40, man! He killed it! But, we'll take a 39 as well. That was also his highest scoring dance. He was in the bottom 3 times before he was automatically eliminated in the Semi-Finals. Him & Heidi were taking turns being in the bottom every alternative week until they were both automatically eliminated, lol. Anyway, Trevor & Emma were a nice and fun duo but not one that I was actively rooting for during the season. 

• Alex95 changed the title to 2022 Reality Stars Rankdown - Steven’s Battle Next

MIKE PARKER

AMERICAN IDOL - SEASON 20

Photo-Courtesy-Mike-Parker.jpg

Originally from Virginia, Mike Parker auditioned for the 20th season of American Idol in Los Angeles where he took on Deana Carter's "Strawberry Wine" ; I was actually amazed by his rendition as it gave me John Legend feel. But what went wrong for him is when the show tried to really brand him as a country singer when he should have been really showcased as R&B/Soul singer who can sing any songs... During Top 24, his performance - "Best Shot by J***** A**** - felt more country than his previous performance which essentially lost the soul element that really made him special.  He was able to secure enough vote to get into the Top 20 where he took Maren Morris & Ryan Hurd's "Chasing After You" which was an improvement compare to his previous one as I feel that it really showcased the soulful element to his voice ; I think he really shined when he took out songs by female country singers compare to male country songs.  Unfortunately, he did not receive enough vote and ended up having to perform for survival where he took on "Bed on Fire" by Teddy Swims ; While not the best vocal peformance of his, this is probably my favourite performance of his as Teddy Swims is exactly who he is an artist - someone who can blend soul, r&b with country.  So the performance was enough to get the judges save where he performed "Hurricane" by Luke Combs then the following week, Luke Bryan chose "Chasin' You" by M**** W***** ;  Both performances were mediocre at best with Chasin' You feeling a bit karaoke like and really showcasing his weakness.  He took on "You'll Be In My Heart" by Tarzan which was decent enough but it just didn't really measure up to the others...  I would say that Mike should truly trust his guts and go with what he thinks is best for him rather than trying to do full-on country to please the judges.  I truly believe had he done more soul/r&b performance, he could have really impressed us but instead, we had too many mediocre performances. At this point of the rankdown, mediocrity simply won't cut it.