American Idol Season 22 Spoilers - Presented By The Idol Pad

Idol Maniac

1 hour ago, idolfan1234 said:

I think Tristan is 100% a goner tonight.

The other one is going to be a mystery.

Emmy seems MOST likely to be voted off, but her grandmother's fans are very influential.

Will will probably give a lackluster performance and could be in danger as well.

Jack and Abi are safe based on popularity and song choices.

I don't think anyone is really safe or a 100% goner. This is where surprises often happen.

4 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Is this the performance order?

ctxX09K.png

it likely is, though it could also coincidentally be alphabetical order

i don't really have any thoughts on it if it is.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mytake1 said:

I don't think anyone is really safe or a 100% goner. This is where surprises often happen.

They keep saying the voting is close, and I totally believe them. 

The two most polarizing contestants (Triston and Emmy) could very well have the largest dedicated fanbases, due to their backstories. The question is whether they can pull in enough casual votes. 

6 minutes ago, m1key said:

it likely is, though it could also coincidentally be alphabetical order

i don't really have any thoughts on it if it is.

Also like has the show ever opened on a ballad before? I dont recall that happening alot

4 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

They keep saying the voting is close, and I totally believe them. 

The two most polarizing contestants (Triston and Emmy) could very well have the largest dedicated fanbases, due to their backstories. The question is whether they can pull in enough casual votes. 

The fact that they keep mentioning how close the vote is means that TPTB don’t like who is leading the vote. If the TCOs were ahead, they wouldn’t try to whip the vote.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AngelaKD said:

The fact that they keep mentioning how close the vote is means that TPTB don’t like who is leading the vote. If the TCOs were ahead, they wouldn’t try to whip the vote.

Yeah, but without any hints of which way it’s leaning, I can’t see this being effective, since it could potentially rally all fanbases. 

They really pushed this last week when Abi was in the pimp spot. 

I hate that WGWGs have such a bad reputation for winning when they didn’t really deserve to, because Jack is a very strong contestant and would make a deserving winner. But if he wins, people will refer to him as just another WGWG winner, like Lee and Nick. 

• Like 5

Performance order of the ABC Idol finalists on the previous seasons semi finals:

S16: Gabby (2nd, 6th), Caleb (4th, 9th), Maddie (5th, 10th)

S17: Alejandro (3rd, 8th, 15th), Laine (4th, 10th, 14th), Maddison (5th, 9th, 13th)

S19: Chayce (1st, 5th, 10th), Grace (3th, 7th, 8th), Willie (4th, 7th, 9th)

S20: Huntegirl (1st, 7th), Leah (2nd, 6th), Noah (4th, 10th)

S21: Colin (3rd, 8th), Megan (4th, 9th), Iam (5th, 10th)

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, wildestinvegas said:

having her two performances pretty much done by the first hour of the show would be pretty bad for abi so i hope it’s just alphabetical order LOL

Maybe they put her there because she’s a lock. 

I really have no idea what to think about any of their chances, honestly. I’ll be checking in during the basketball game. 

2 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Maybe they put her there because she’s a lock. 

I really have no idea what to think about any of their chances, honestly. I’ll be checking in during the basketball game. 

The setlist last week wasn't the performance order, so I doubt this one is either. It's very clearly alphabetical order.

3 minutes ago, MalwareDie said:

The setlist last week wasn't the performance order, so I doubt this one is either. It's very clearly alphabetical order.

Seems like it was? Here’s the post with the set list from last week. I scrolled through Facebook, and it seems to match up. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/C6meQ36yVf1/?igsh=NTExdGczdThiYnUw

6 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Seems like it was? Here’s the post with the set list from last week. I scrolled through Facebook, and it seems to match up. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/C6meQ36yVf1/?igsh=NTExdGczdThiYnUw

Only thing that makes me hesitant is exactly why its in alphabetical order? also abi opening the show with a ballad? 

kinda random and doesnt make too much since

1 minute ago, StarWalker1 said:

Only thing that makes me hesitant is exactly why its in alphabetical order? also abi opening the show with a ballad? 

kinda random and doesnt make too much since

All we know is it was in order the last two weeks. Also, Abi has already closed twice, and probably has enough votes anyway. 

• Like 1

Just now, TeamAudra said:

All we know is it was in order the last two weeks. Also, Abi has already closed twice, and probably has enough votes anyway. 

Fair ... it would be so wild for them to suddenly not pimp/bus her just right before the finale

I was just reading MJS power ranking, and she made good a point that they probably want Triston to have a hometown show. That would make for good TV! I’m also certain Will would draw an enormous number of people in his neck of the woods. Abi can probably get a good draw in her home town as well. I’m not saying the others can’t draw a good crowd. Emmy’s would probably be less organic, and I’m not sure about Jack, honestly. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, StarWalker1 said:

Fair ... it would be so wild for them to suddenly not pimp/bus her just right before the finale

I would LOL if TPTB misgauged Abi's support level because Songs That Make You Want to Dance and Adele night was so underwhelming relative to the rest of the season. Abi almost certainly lead votes that night, but the strength of the lead might have been misleading due to how weak of a night it was.

1 minute ago, MalwareDie said:

I would LOL if TPTB misgauged Abi's support level because Songs That Make You Want to Dance and Adele night was so underwhelming relative to the rest of the season. Abi almost certainly lead votes that night, but the strength of the lead might have been misleading due to how weak of a night it was.

I wouldn’t.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, MalwareDie said:

it's not like they are basing everything off of last week tho. they have access to a seasons worth of voting data at this point - they know how each contestant can perform in the voting when given certain performance slots.

if they somehow fumble the bag then she wasn't the chosen one after all.

Edited by m1key