American Idol Season 22 Spoilers - Presented By The Idol Pad

Idol Maniac

45 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

It makes me wonder if he just has the loudest fanbase, like Kayko did. :haha:

He might have the loudest fan base but it isn’t as big as it seems, at least on Facebook.  And Abi might have more fans than her Facebook stats suggest, they’re just not on Facebook as much either,

20 minutes ago, m1key said:

yeah it is important to take into account that Emmy fans may feel embarrassed to publicly enjoy her or comment on her due to amount of hate she receives. 

I doubt anyone is a shamed to post.  But that doesn't mean they also feel the need to post a positive or negative comment somewhere. I like Emmy and I have commented on some of her IG posts but I don't go comment on any of these peoples videos posted on FB/IG/YouTube or wherever. It's not out of shame but it's pointless to engage with people on these threads so I just don't bother.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, m1key said:

https://www.instagram.com/stories/mckennafaithbreinholt/3364526804913573068?utm_source=ig_story_item_share&igsh=MWdzeXRkOGNkdjJxcQ==

looks like the eliminated contestants are already back in LA lol. 

also the way McKenna acts when shes with KB is crazy to see because it's completely different from how she was on the show lmao

Some of these folks oughta be YouTubers on the side, in addition to promoting their music through it. I feel like the hate comment reading was just the start... Would love to see the rest of Abi and Julia's skits.

Edited by NGL2008
Not "outta." Failed this spelling bee.
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)

Ummm i am a Emmy fan but its the middle of the week and what is there is post about. Ashamed? Really? Its a reality show that some people take way to serious. They had less then 19 million votes last week with 7 contestants. Do you get how many people in Nashville Tenn are voting for her? i find it offensive for anyone to say Emmy's fans are ashamed to post what has she done wrong? Just because she does not get up there and scream out a loud high note and hold it does not mean she can't sing. Those who do are a dime a dozen. Emmy fans and Emmy have nothing to be ashamed of on a reality show that allows people to vote. The show wants people to watch for ratings and those with the most votes are getting the most viewers for the show. Emmy most likely will go home this week but she will go home with her head held high and not worried about a few haters on any board. She will go back home with exposure from the show and can write her own music she will be fine unlike many who were on the show.

Edited by Emmyfan

9 hours ago, QueenKalie said:

I doubt anyone is a shamed to post.  But that doesn't mean they also feel the need to post a positive or negative comment somewhere. I like Emmy and I have commented on some of her IG posts but I don't go comment on any of these peoples videos posted on FB/IG/YouTube or wherever. It's not out of shame but it's pointless to engage with people on these threads so I just don't bother.

Same here, at least on Facebook.  I do praise Abi’s videos on YouTube, but I don’t comment on her or any other contestant’s videos on Facebook.

10 hours ago, QueenKalie said:

It's interesting that people complaining about haters of their special snowflakes - have been haters themselves, dragging other contestants.  Pot calling the kettle black.☹️

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

21 minutes ago, mytake1 said:

It's interesting that people complaining about haters of their special snowflakes - have been haters themselves, dragging other contestants.  Pot calling the kettle black.☹️

Idf is no paradise it never has been and never will be. But it is moderated so the comments here are a way more tame then the ones outside of here. The level of actual personal attacks out there is crazy. But you don't care about any of that because you just carry a grudge against idf because they don't like the same contestants that you like.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, mytake1 said:

Sorry, i'm supposed to praise Triston despite his bad performances?

• Haha 6

30 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

Idf is no paradise it never has been and never will be. But it is moderated so the comments here are a way more tame then the ones outside of here. The level of actual personal attacks out there is crazy. But you don't care about any of that because you just carry a grudge against idf because they don't like the same contestants that you like.

But if the hate was lodged against any of the male contestants, IDF could care less.

21 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

Sorry, i'm supposed to praise Triston despite his bad performances?

There's a difference.  A non-fan usually won't spend the time engaging.  They may say their peace and move on.  Whereas a Hater will continually drag someone.

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, mytake1 said:

But if the hate was lodged against any of the male contestants, IDF could care less.

M'lady. 🎩😉

Look, all I'm saying is prove it. You can act like Kayko and Will didn't have their defenders on there but that ain't the case. If you happen to only be voting for women, and certain people see that on here...Oh lawd.

(Disclaimer: Jack is one person I'm voting for Top 3.)

And to my "confused" lurker about Emmy making it far, let's use Ava Maybee as another example. Chad Smith's own daughter made it no farther than Top 14. Something widely appealing has to be there.

Edited by NGL2008

We should be getting access to the Disney setlist tonight:

Season 16: Revealed on the Friday before the show through the Disney site

Season 17: Revealed on the Thursday before the show through D23 (Disney Official Fan Club)

Season 19: Revealed on the Wednesday before the show through Billboard

Season 20: Revealed on the Thursday before the show through D23 (Disney Official Fan Club)

Season 21: Revealed on the Thursday before the show through People Magazine

If we don’t get it today then we’re probably only getting on sunday hours before the show.

37 minutes ago, mytake1 said:

There is a lot of hate directed at guys out there too (Although the worst stuff is mostly directed at one girl). But you only seem fixated on IDF and girls so I don't know what to tell you at this point.

• Like 2

https://tvline.com/lists/american-idol-season-22-disney-night-songs-full-setlist/abi-carter-disney-night-little-mermaid/

Setlist is out!

Abi Carter - Part of Your World from The Little Mermaid/The Chain from Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

Emmy Russell - Carried Me With You from Onward/The Climb from Hannah Montana: The Movie

Jack Blocker - Nobody's Fool from Cars 2/Space Oddity from Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny

Triston Harper - Almost There from Princess and the Frog/Life is a Highway from Cars

Will Moseley - The Ballad of the Lonesome Cowboy from Toy Story 4/Born to Be Wild D3: The Mighty Ducks

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, m1key said:

https://tvline.com/lists/american-idol-season-22-disney-night-songs-full-setlist/abi-carter-disney-night-little-mermaid/

Setlist is out!

Abi Carter - Part of Your World from The Little Mermaid/The Chain from Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2

Emmy Russell - Carried Me With You from Onward/The Climb from Hannah Montana: The Movie

Jack Blocker - Nobody's Fool from Cars 2/Space Oddity from Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny

Triston Harper - Almost There from Princess and the Frog/Life is a Highway from Cars

Will Moseley - The Ballad of the Lonesome Cowboy from Toy Story 4/Born to Be Wild D3: The Mighty Ducks

THE CHAIN 🤯 I replied to one of her stories suggesting that because I thought it could make for a killer upbeat rocky moment while still being a good/smart choice for the demo of the show but I didn't thought she would pick it. Really happy with that. Surprised she isn't singing "When She Loved Me" but "Part Of Your World" is my favorite Disney song ever and has never been sung on ABC Idol yet so I couldn't be more stoked about this setlist for her. Two classic songs that should do well with voters and allow her to keep mixing tempos up. 

Two males stuck to Cars songs again LOL it's been a pattern. 

Edited by wildestinvegas
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

my immediate thoughts:

Abi- Part of Your World is a perfect song choice. The Chain could be great but she will need to bring her own flair to it because of how overdone it is (which i trust she will).

Emmy - I don't see either of these songs moving the needle for her.

Triston - if this ain't a bussing attempt idk what is lol. no way he will be able to do justice to Almost There, and Life is a Highway will be another novelty performance.

I have to listen to Jack's songs and Will's Toy Story song. Born To Be Wild is kinda a switch up for Will tho so I could see that going well for him.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)

Okay now that I listened to the songs that I didn't know, here are my final thoughts from best set to worst set IMO:

1. Abi: Part Of Your World is probably the most beloved Disney song ever. If she kills this, it will do wonders for her, she has the perfect voice for it and the fact ABC trusted her with it means they probably believe she can nail it since it's never been done on ABC Idol before. I really love The Chain for her because I think with 2 performances, the smartest strategy is to mix up tempos and unlike Fall Out Boy or Coldplay, minivan and the Idol demographic will have an easy time digesting and get into this. It also hasn't been overdone on Idol (I think Megan last season was the first one to sing it in 21 seasons? and it was on Hawaii where the production value and acoustics seriously affects the quality of the performances) and this is a tune that deserves to have its moment on every singing competiton so I hope Abi can deliver the quissential Idol version of the song. 

2. Jack: I just listened to the Cars song and it's actually pretty soulful. He should do well with it, I think it will fit him like a glove. It has a bluesy/classic sound to it that he should be able to execute well. Space Oddity I don't know how to feel about. Obviously it goes without saying that it's a gorgeous song but covering David Bowie is such a hard task. It could go really well or really meh. If he nails, it will make him look really strong. My guess is that he will probably do an acoustic guitar version like Lucy Sugerman from The Voice Australia, which I find to be very pretty. Not a bad set at all. 

3. Will: The Toy Story 4 song is very boring. It doesn't go anywhere melodically or vocally but it has a strong classic country feel to it that should do well with voters and allow him to have a solid performance. I find the melody of Born To Be Wild to be a a bit annoying but this is obviously a classic that everybody knows and it's a nice change of tempo for him. I think he should have an easy time with the song because although it isn't pure country, it's still has that wild west/southern feel to it that fits him very well. It should make for a cool performance. 

4. Emmy: Carried Me With You is a cute and pretty song and it isn't super rangey so it's a good fit for her voice. It will be a standard performance for her. The Climb is a really weird choice tho. She doesn't have the range for it so I'm assuming she's doing a soft version of it and keeping it small, which could make it for a nice version of the song. I don't see none of those being moments for her tho. And unless her fan base is really big and she was a shoe-in for finale before this round, I don't think this will push her past forward the finish line. 

5. Triston: If he makes finale with this set, he's probably winning because this is a really odd combination of songs. Life is a Highway is not that surprising. But the song is very cheesy and it's not the type of upbeat tune where he will be able to do his Elvis moves and distract everyone else from his vocal performance. it's a Rascal Flatts song so it still makes some sense for him, although I don't think it's the best pick for his voice at all because the key is quite high. Almost There has everything to be a trainwreck. It's a pure jazz song so he will either not do justice to it or try to countri-fy it like he did with "Easy On Me" which would be really bad. The song content is very heart-warming tho. It's all about coming from a tough background and having the will to not let that define you and keep you from following your dreams and I bet his pre performance package will be him with his mom talking about their hardships in life so that could be enough to make up for any flaws with his performances.

Overall, the songchoices for this theme are much better than the ones from last season. 

Edited by wildestinvegas
  • Like 2

The cowboy song for Will is lame, but maybe the audience will like it. The other song is more in his wheelhouse. 

Triston isn’t going to be able to handle Life Is A Highway, I’m afraid. The other song doesn’t sound like something he’d ever sing, so I don’t know what to think about that one. 

1 hour ago, m1key said:

Setlist is out!

31 minutes ago, wildestinvegas said:

Okay now that I listened to the songs that I didn't know, here are my final thoughts from best set to worst set IMO:

1. Abi: Part Of Your World is probably the most beloved Disney song ever. If she kills this, it will do wonders for her, she has the perfect voice for it and the fact ABC trusted her with it means they probably believe she can nail it since it's never been done on ABC Idol before. I really love The Chain for her because I think with 2 performances, the smartest strategy is to mix up tempos and unlike Fall Out Boy or Coldplay, minivan and the Idol demographic will have an easy time digesting and get into this. It also hasn't been overdone on Idol (I think Megan last season was the first one to sing it in 21 seasons? and it was on Hawaii where the production value and acoustics seriously affects the quality of the performances) and this is a tune that deserves to have its moment on every singing competiton so I hope Abi can deliver the quissential Idol version of the song. 

2. Jack: I just listened to the Cars song and it's actually pretty soulful. He should do well with it, I think it will fit him like a glove. It has a bluesy/classic sound to it that he should be able to execute well. Space Oddity I don't know how to feel about. Obviously it goes without saying that it's a gorgeous song but covering David Bowie is such a hard task. It could go really well or really meh. If he nails, it will make him look really strong. My guess is that he will probably do an acoustic guitar version like Lucy Sugerman from The Voice Australia, which I find to be very pretty. Not a bad set at all. 

3. Will: The Toy Story 4 song is very boring. It doesn't go anywhere melodically or vocally but it has a strong classic country feel to it that should do well with voters and allow him to have a solid performance. I find the melody of Born To Be Wild to be a a bit annoying but this is obviously a classic that everybody knows and it's a nice change of tempo for him. I think he should have an easy time with the song because although it isn't pure country, it's still has that wild west/southern feel to it that fits him very well. 

4. Emmy: Carried Me With You is a cute and pretty song and it isn't super rangey so it's a good fit for her voice. It will be a standard performance for her. The Climb is a really weird choice tho. She doesn't have the range for it so I'm assuming she's doing a soft version of it and keeping it small, which could make it for a nice version of the song. I don't see none of those being moments for her tho. And unless her fan base is really big and she was a shoe-in for finale before this round, I don't think this will push her past forward the finish line. 

5. Triston: If he makes finale with this set, he's probably winning because this is a really odd combination of songs. Life is a Highway is not that surprising. But the song is very cheesy and it's not the type of upbeat tune where he will be able to do his Elvis moves and distract everyone else from his vocal performance. it's a Rascal Flatts song so it still makes some sense for him, although I don't think it's the best pick for his voice at all. Almost There has everything to be a trainwreck. It's a pure jazz song so he will either not do justice to it or try to countri-fy it like he did with "Easy On Me" which would be really bad. The song content is very heart-warming tho. It's all about coming from a tough background and having the will to not let that define you and keep you from following your dreams and I bet his pre performance package will be him with his mom talking about their hardships in life so that could be enough to make up for any flaws with his performances.

Overall, the songchoices for this theme are much better than the ones from last season. 

Surprised that Abi isn't doing "When She Loved Me", but at least she'll probably nail "Part Of Your World" (and I'll be praying that she nails it on Sunday night), and at least minivan and the main Idol demographic will like "The Chain", as Wildestinvegas noted.  She should make the finale.

Triston is probably being bussed, as I could never see him doing "Almost There" any justice despite the content being heart-warming.  At least he's not doing "You've Got a Friend In Me".  Looks like my prediction that Triston won't make the finale is going to be accurate.

Posted (edited)

Will's Toy Story song marks his 3rd Chris Stapleton song this season (after Whiskey and You in Idol Arena and Starting Over at Top 12). i feel like most other artists (specifically the women) would be called out if they were covering the same artist three times in the competition so 🤷‍♂️

Edited by m1key
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, m1key said:

Will's Toy Story song marks his 3rd Chris Stapleton song this season (after Whiskey and You in Idol Arena and Starting Over at Top 12). i feel like most other artists (specifically the women) would be called out if they were covering the same artist three times in the competition so 🤷‍♂️

That’s probably true. The double standards on the show are a bit crazy. I still can’t get over the fact that the most criticism Luke Bryan ever gave someone was… Abi because she used an instrument (piano) too much when he never complained about his wgwgs having entire runs always playing the guitar year after year. I thought the criticism was valid and I didn’t mind because it pushed Abi to be even better and take risks but yeah LOL 

• Like 4