3. Pjae

Group 2

1. Dawson Wayne

2. Elijah McCormick

3. Malik Heard

Edited by Idol Maniac
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, CarmenSandiego said:

Elise also performed first and her song choice might have been questionable.

Unfortunately, I agree with you about Elise's song choice having been questionable. I'm just happy that Olivia made it through despite her questionable song choice as well.

7 minutes ago, Winterfan said:

Unfortunately, I agree with you about Elise's song choice having been questionable. I'm just happy that Olivia made it through despite her questionable song choice as well.

Olivia performed later and I thought she did a better job with her song than Elise did.  Also, Olivia's audition wasn't montaged like Elise's was.

Just now, CarmenSandiego said:

Olivia performed later and I thought she did a better job with her song than Elise did.  Also, Olivia's audition wasn't montaged like Elise's was.

I thought Olivia did a better job with the song she covered than Elise did as well. And I definitely think she knows who she is as an artist more than Elise does, too. But, I still don't think her song choice was the best and really hope she'll do a better job of selecting songs to sing for as long as she's on the show.

1 minute ago, Winterfan said:

I thought Olivia did a better job with the song she covered than Elise did as well. And I definitely think she knows who she is as an artist more than Elise does, too. But, I still don't think her song choice was the best and really hope she'll do a better job of selecting songs to sing for as long as she's on the show.

I too think that Olivia should take a step back from Celine, Mariah and Whitney songs and do something like “Let It Be” or “Imagine.”

• Like 1

Emma and Elise i am surprised by but not totally shocked,  there a lot of pop females this year too, they are extreamly talented but i don't see any robberies here. I 'm just happy that Paige and Olivia made it. Elijah was entertaining but not surprised by either. I do love the top 20. 

Top 12 shold be:

Females: 

1. Marybeth 

2. We 

3. Paige 

4. Megan/Kaeyrah 

5. Haven 

6. Olivia 

Males:

1. Iam 

2. Colin 

3. Matt 

4. Zachariah

5. Michael 

6. Tyson 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, jarmon said:

Elise & Emma robbed. Surprised Nailyah survived.

Which is a good thing because she slayed. :thumbsup: But she's likely to go out soon :kalancry:

Edited by allistr
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, CarmenSandiego said:

I too think that Olivia should take a step back from Celine, Mariah and Whitney songs and do something like “Let It Be” or “Imagine.”

Please no, those are such overdone songs. She seems to be rnb/soul/pop, she needs to be current or something that hasn't been over done like the two you mentioned. 

Edited by hazuki
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, hazuki said:

Please no, those are such overdone songs. She seems to be rnb/soul/pop, she needs to be current or something that hasn't been over done like the two you mentioned. 

Yes I like Olivia and not in a million years would I want to hear her sing "Imagine" 😭

As for a song suggestion, I'd like to hear her tackle something from Yebba's album from 2021. 

3 hours ago, hazuki said:

I would love for Olivia to sing Ariana Grande and Nathan Sykes - Almost was Never Enough (Ariana's part).

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BlkCountryFan said:

I would love for Olivia to sing Ariana Grande and Nathan Sykes - Almost was Never Enough (Ariana's part).

If Olivia sings an Ari song, I feel like she should sing one of her lesser known songs tbh. If she sings one of Ari's biggest hits, it's probably going to come across as a cheesy impersonation because of how similar she is to her. If she sings a deep cut or a moderate hit, she has a chance to re-claim it and make it her own.

Some I can see fitting her voice well are "Needy", "Jason's Song (Gave It Away)", and "Breathin'" 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, m1key said:

If Olivia sings an Ari song, I feel like she should sing one of her lesser known songs tbh. If she sings one of Ari's biggest hits, it's probably going to come across as a cheesy impersonation because of how similar she is to her. If she sings a deep cut or a moderate hit, she has a chance to re-claim it and make it her own.

Some I can see fitting her voice well are "Needy", "Jason's Song (Gave It Away)", and "Breathin'" 

Breathin' is one of her biggest songs 😭  

I'd like to hear Greedy, but idk how big that is. I think Makayla may have done it a while ago but maybe that was a different song.

5 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

Breathin' is one of her biggest songs 😭  

I'd like to hear Greedy, but idk how big that is. I think Makayla may have done it a while ago but maybe that was a different song.

I feel like Breathin' tends to be overshadowed by the bigger hits on Sweetener like No Tears Left To Cry and God is a Woman (and the fact that it was officially released as a single right as Thank U Next era began), but you are right :giggle:

Greedy would be a serve too 😍 and yes Makayla did it as well (and slayed from her living room!)