Someone648 Ranks the Season 23 Blind Auditions (#1: The Finale)

Someone648

10 hours ago, FloorWax said:

20. Holly Brand? (may be a stretch but maybe its because Kelly already let go of a Holly once, who got stolen by another team)

19. Mariah Kalia? (because she's 17????)

18. ???

17. Carlos Rising? (I don't even know why, I just have a feeling)

16. ???

Clearly I am stumped lol

It's all working out then B) 

On 3/31/2023 at 10:14 AM, Someone648 said:

Part 4: Getting Up There

25. Sorelle (Team Chance)

So I had to give this one more listens to properly evaluate it because I wasn't very warm to it at first. These girls might be the most polarizing act this season, right? For me, I do enjoy them and their harmonies. Hard to beat harmonies like that. My only issue really lies with them sounding way too theatrical (on this song) for my taste. This really felt like a cut performance from a Queen tribute episode of Glee. Would've liked to hear a strong solo part here as well, which we didn't get. I don't think this performance was bad at all, but I just have several questions and wasn't sure how to feel about them at first.

Clue: ...and that's what you missed on GLEE!

Honestly this was just because I've mentioned I felt this sounded like a Glee cover, but as I typed this out I had the audition playing and they just said they were from Ohio so I mean... yeah. That's 2 strikes on Glee, I guess. :haha:

24. Sheer Element (Team Kelly)

I didn't intend on having the two trios back to back but here we are. Overall, they're clearly the stronger, more experienced trio, and Jej being there is a huge plus. Individually and as a whole, they sounded great! Now I do love this song, but the overplay from the last few years has made it kind of descend into annoying-ness. The song, not the group - the group's great. But with that, I don't find myself coming back to this audition often at all, but I commend them for being as talented as they are.

Clue: ...well THAT would've been embarrassing.

...if Kelly hadn't turned for Jej. She had us waiting til the last second!

23. Jamar Langley (Team Chance)

First of all, I admire the experience he clearly has. Clearly one of the more seasoned vocalists of the season. I also admire the bold song pick. It wasn't super big or showy, but he delivered everything in just the right amount, and it's personally a song I wasn't familiar with either. Although I may be contradicting myself here, would've liked to hear just a bit more. Like he has a 4-chair worthy voice but gave us a 3-chair worthy performance, but could've tapped into that 4-chair performance, am I making sense? Anyways, good on Jamar. He's impressive.

Clue: 7 years or 10 years? 7, I guess.

Refers to Jamar's age (36) and the age gap he has between the two coaches that turned for him (Chance is 29, so 7 years, and Blake is 46, so 10 years). And he ended up picking Chance, the 7 year gap.

22. EJ Michels (Team Blake)

Great falsetto, great pick for what his voice is capable of. I guess in retrospect, I can justify ranking this a bit higher, but for me, there's some unique edge to his voice that intrigues me, and it's not what he chose to show off. This guy comes from a band, right? That band is more my speed. Wonder if he'll deliver something more alternative later on. Guys that perform music like this tend to fall off my radar pretty quickly, but he's at least made a positive impression so far. Let's see what else you can do now, EJ.

Clue: Twice last season and once again this season... yet all of you... nevermind. You know your mothers gave you that out of love, right?

EJ's first name is Eric. Last season, we had two Erics that didn't go by their full name (Devix and Eric Who - unless who is his actual last name lol).

21. ALI (Team Kelly)

And y'all thought this was Sorelle ;) Rounding out the first half, we have ALI. I should probably start by listing some obvious factors... there's some technical errors that we can hardly fault her for throughout the performance. Even with some of the runs being a bit shaky, she performed it with a cool confidence and I love her tone and the musical choices she made throughout the performance. Very few would've performed it better and she's just been a joy to watch so far. Great job from ALI!

Clue: Caps on caps on caps

Her name is just three capital letters ;)

Part 5 Hints:

20. Solid coach/contestant pairing. Don't anticipate this one getting bounced around from team to team.

19. 17 seasons.

18. 176 days

17. The Voice is a much smaller commitment anyways.

16. V?

Been out and about this whole weekend and haven't been at my computer, but bumping this just to see if anyone has any more guesses for the hints before I give the next update. Either tomorrow morning or evening, depends on my workload ;)

Lord knows how busy my past few days have been :haha:

Part 5: Hitting the Top 20!

20. Walker Wilson (Team Blake)

Yeah I imagine this opinion isn't really a popular one here, especially considering the vocalists I placed lower than him. That being said, this guy's more my cup of tea than some other singers. Gritty and fun with tons of potential for growth and I'd love to hear him pursue more of a rock path on the show instead of pure country. This worked a lot better as a rock-ish audition than Kason Lester's. Not perfect vocally and there's some stage presence that he needs to work on, but he's everything he needs to be a potential threat in the competition. Keep going forward!

Clue: Solid coach/contestant pairing. Don't anticipate this one getting bounced around from team to team.

He's a bouncer... he'd be the one bouncing others. ;)

19. Allie Keck (Team Kelly)

Mentioning rock in two performances in a row? What is this? Season 6? ANYWAYS... Allie Keck! I probably should've expected it given her song choice from the spoilers, but I wasn't anticipating such a solid rock vocal. Truthfully, I thought it'd be mid at best because this song is just notoriously tough, but she was firing on all cylinders the whole time. She definitely did the song justice. I'll say that the only thing that kind of took away from the performance was her weird rock twang. Especially compared to her speaking voice, it sounded a bit inauthentic.

Clue: 17 seasons

I believe the last time Paris was covered was in Season 6 by Kat Perkins... 17 seasons ago.

18. Tiana Goss (Team Niall)

Welcome back, Tiana! Definitely much improvement from last season and she delivered a much higher quality vocal this time around. Personally, I felt she deserved more than one chair. There was a bit of shakiness throughout the performance, but nothing severe enough to detract from her performance. She's got so much room to grow in the competition and I'm so pleased that she returned!

Clue: 176 days

There were 176 days in between her Season 22 and Season 23 blind audition air dates.

17. Kylee Dayne (Team Blake)

Kylee's voice definitely came as a surprise to me. It started out with a big bang and she generally maintained that power and showed off her abilities well throughout the whole song. For such a turbulent track that definitely requires the vocalist to go more places than usual, she managed that really well. I anticipate that Blake will be a great coach for her to help her construct her performances in a more balanced manner. I really appreciate the confidence behind her delivery of the track. Definitely praise-worthy.

Clue: The Voice is a much smaller commitment anyways.

She commented after her blind audition that she was anticipating going to medical school, but put that on hold to pursue the show. I'm sure you can guess which is a smaller commitment between The Voice and medical school. ;)

16. Manasseh Samone (Team Chance)

And a welcome back to Manasseh as well! She sure showed a whole lot here and I'm surprised it only ended up being a one chair. Those operatic moments were lovely for the most part. I think you can see where she was doing too much throughout some parts of the performance, but it's commendable that she's capable of doing that much throughout the track in the first place. All she needs is some guidance on how to rein it in and figure out how to sprinkle those WOW moments out appropriately. Otherwise it verges on too much. Well done to her!

Clue: V?

Minivan keeps referring to her as "V"anessa instead of Manasseh. Easy mistake to make if you're just listening and not watching, but still... respect the contestants. Speak their names, if you will. :haha:

Part 6 Hints (15 - 11):

15. Good night!

14. 212

13. 904

12. 617?

11. 18 2.0

• Someone648 changed the title to Someone648 Ranks the Season 23 Blind Auditions (20-16: Hitting the Top 20 Posted)!

Oh wow, you got Walker much higher than me 🤭

Allie & Tiana I had 26 & 27 sooo yeah. I do see the appeal though. Especially with Allie.

Kylee & Manasseh we have around the same spots-ish so no complaints! 

As for these clues, so many numbers 👀

1 minute ago, jarmon said:

Oh wow, you got Walker much higher than me 🤭

Allie & Tiana I had 26 & 27 sooo yeah. I do see the appeal though. Especially with Allie.

Kylee & Manasseh we have around the same spots-ish so no complaints! 

As for these clues, so many numbers 👀

ur gonna be a licensed accountant so these math hints r all on u !!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I figured you´d at least would kinda like Walker. Call it sacrilege but I can actually imagine this guy covering some Alice in Chains. He has that type of grit. 

I really liked Allie too. Surprised I´ve seen others ranking so low considering IDF tends to dig a female rocker.

Manasseh is about right where I´d have her. Talia and Kylee I´d have lower.

Finally!

Anyway, here are my thoughts

Walker Wilson- I really disliked his audition, since I didn’t really hear any melody in the performance, and I wasn’t a fan of his rasp there. Luckily, I thought he did better in his battle. I’m more with Jarmon on this one.

Allie Keck- I have her in the next set. I  enjoyed her performance, and it was really cool to see that song choice. I did enjoy her voice and honestly wish she got a steal in battles. I agree with this placement more than Jarmon’s
Tiana Goss- I have her closer to the bottom, so I agree more with Jarmon. I just found this to be quite forgettable.

Kylee Dayne- This is similar with where I would have her, and same with Jarmon. Very solid auditions and I’m glad she’s in the Knockouts

Manasseh Samone- A slight difference between you and Jarmon, but I agree with your placement more. Her audition was very solid and would have deserved  multiple chairs, and her battle performance was great. Congrats to her for getting the playoff pass.

15. Good night!

14. 212

13. 904

12. 617?

11. 18 2.0

- NariYella (she got four chairs to turn on her one night only)

- ???

- Ryley Tate (I have no proof of this but prehaps number of days he’s been eligible to audition?)

- Holly Brand (I think I actually got this one lol! That’s the number of days between her Miss Misssissippi win and Voice audition)

- Mariah Kalia (Maybe its a stretch but in Season 18 there was another teen that auditioned with Mariah’s BA song?)

Edited by FloorWax

3 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

15. Good night!

14. 212

13. 904

12. 617?

11. 18 2.0

- ???

- ???

- ???

- Holly Brand (I think I actually got this one lol! That’s the number of days between her Miss Misssissippi win and Voice audition)

- Mariah Kalia (Maybe its a stretch but in Season 18 there was another teen that auditioned with Mariah’s BA song?)

Celia Babini auditioned with that song in Season 16 

4 minutes ago, Cookie73 said:

Celia Babini auditioned with that song in Season 16 

I know, I was talking about Chelle.

Also, adding to my post, maybe 15 is NariYella because she sings about she has one night only, and on that night she turned four chairs.? Seems too straightforward for Someone but we’ll see lol

1 minute ago, FloorWax said:

I know, I was talking about Chelle.

Also, adding to my post, maybe 15 is NariYella because she sings about she has one night only, and on that night she turned four chairs.? Seems too straightforward for Someone but we’ll see lol

I forgot about Chelle’s audition. Celia was also a teen though and I find her audition much more memorable. 

2 hours ago, Someone648 said:

Part 6 Hints (15 - 11):

15. Good night!

14. 212

13. 904

12. 617?

11. 18 2.0

Gonna try my best and guess (but probably flop hard):

15. NariYella (One Night Only)

14. ???

13. ???

12. Holly Brand? (stealing @FloorWax’s answer here bc I got nothing)

11. Mariah Kalia? (Song covered in the Season 18 blinds)

I tried looking up area codes for the three middle numbers, but the only contestant from NYC (Talia) was ranked a while ago + the others don’t match anyone left, so I’m otherwise stuck.

btw I came up with Ryley for the third clue because I noticed 904 days is ≈2.5 years and Ryley was 15 when he auditioned. because the eligibility age for this show is 13, maybe 2.5 years is how long he’s been eligible.

if someone could confirm Ryley’s birthday though that would be nice lol

4 hours ago, FloorWax said:

15. Good night!

14. 212

13. 904

12. 617?

11. 18 2.0

https://www.wlbt.com/2021/06/27/holly-brand-crowned-miss-mississippi-2021/

Holy sh*t...

That wasn't even the point of mine but that's accurate.

6/27/21 - 3/6/2023 is 617 days I CAN'T.... :haha:

That clue's not even for Holly but I'm mad I didn't think of that. It's even better than my clue, actually.

A reminder of who's left:

Team Kelly:

Cait Martin

Holly Brand

JB Somers

Marcos Covos

Rachel Christine

Team Chance:

Mariah Kalia

NariYella

NOIVAS

Team Niall: