1. Blake

Neil > Alex > Walker > Tasha > EJ > Carlos > Mary Kate

2. Niall

Ryley > Kate > Kala > Laura > Ross > Michael > Tiana > Jerome 

3. Kelly 

Sheer Element > Allie Keck > Holly Brand > ALI > D. Smooth > Marcos

4. Chance

NOIVAS > Manasseh > Sorelle > Jamar > Magnus > Chloe

With the addition of Ryley and Kate, Niall went from last place the previous week to 2nd on this one in my list.

1 minute ago, nytsch said:

Tbh, probably Niall (some kind of reversal, I think I put him last after last week's lol)

I had Niall last the previous week, but his team improved this week (he got this week’s MVP and Kate was a solid audition too).

• Like 1

no team gets first place because no team earned first place

3a. Team Kelly

1. Allie Keck

2. Holly Brand

3. Sheer Element

4. D Smooth

5. ALI

6. Marcos Corvos

3b. Team Chance

1. Sorelle

2. Magnus

3. NOIVAS

4. Manasseh

5. Jamar Langley

6. Chloe Abbott

3c. Team Niall

1. Ryley Tate Wilson

2. Jerome Godwin

3. Kala Banham

4. Laura Littleton

5. Kate Cosentino

6. Tiana Goss

7. Ross Clayton

8. Michael B

4. Team Blake

1. Neil Salsich

2. Tasha Jessen

3. Alex Whalen

4. Mary Kate Connor

5. Carlos Rising

6. EJ Michels   

7. Walker Wilson

1 hour ago, Daillon said:

I would probably vote for Niall so I will vote Blake so the poll stays accurate lol

I was considering Niall as well but I guess I weighted the size of the teams when I made it. He did improve the most this week though

Niall > Blake > Kelly > Chance but all the teams are pretty decent overall and they feel pretty even.

Kelly:

Marcos > Holly > ALI > Allie > D. Smooth > Sheer Element

Chance:

NOIVAS > Manasseh > Jamar > Sorelle > Magnus > Chloe

Niall: 

Kala > Kate > Ryley > Tiana > Laura > Jerome > Michael > Ross

Blake:

Neil > Carlos > Walker > EJ > Alex > Mary Kate > Tasha

Edited by Someone648

2 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

Blake:

Did Walker grow on you? I remember you putting him last on your Episode 3 ranking lol

13 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

Did Walker grow on you? I remember you putting him last on your Episode 3 ranking lol

I don't even remember my rankings lol. I guess in general I just preferred Walker's voice over EJ. And I didn't care too much for Alex after all and didn't like MK or Tasha lol

1 hour ago, Someone648 said:

Niall > Blake > Kelly > Chance but all the teams are pretty decent overall and they feel pretty even.

Kelly:

Marcos > Holly > ALI > Allie > D. Smooth > Sheer Element

Chance:

NOIVAS > Manasseh > Jamar > Sorelle > Magnus > Chloe

Niall: 

Kala > Kate > Ryley > Tiana > Laura > Jerome > Michael > Ross

Blake:

I feel like i'm agreeing with you more than ever :giggle: (except that i liked Tasha)

9 hours ago, FloorWax said:

Me being the only Blake vote 💀 This is my contrarian era on IDF

Yeah me too...

I think Blake has the most solid team. The other teams have two or three of the weaker auditions, while the only one I didn't like on Blake was walker. Everyone else on the team is middle or upper tier for me.

I've been liking the country singers more than usual too. I really enjoy the tones of Mary Kate and Alex while Neil and Holly have impressed me vocally. 

7 minutes ago, Hsamid said:

Yeah me too...

I think Blake has the most solid team. The other teams have two or three of the weaker auditions, while the only one I didn't like on Blake was walker. Everyone else on the team is middle or upper tier for me.

I've been liking the country singers more than usual too. I really enjoy the tones of Mary Kate and Alex while Neil and Holly have impressed me vocally. 

Yeah I honestly think this one of the better country casts we’ve had recently. Fitting for Blake’s final season, I guess. Hell, I even liked Walker, at least for the beginning of his performance. Plus, there’s someone else coming up… 

• Like 1

1. Niall

Ryley > Kala > Laura > Kate > Tiana > Michael > Jerome > Ross

2. Kelly 

Holly Brand > Sheer Element > Allie Keck > Marcos > ALI > D. Smooth

3. Blake

Tasha > Neil > Walker > EJ > Alex > Mary Kate > Carlos

4. Chance

NOIVAS > Manasseh > Sorelle > Magnus > Chloe > Jamar

I'll just rank my t3 at this point, each team:

1. Team Kelly

1. Sheer Element - TPTB shenanigans is all. You'd like to see them get that fighting chance, as I'm not sure we'll see Sheer Element-inspired variants in future versions of this show. Only quibble is their socials haven't really shown much upbeat, as they are really harmonizing R&B balladeers at root. But really, really good ones provided there's no outside interference.

2. D Smooth - This dude can riff at will and has a really nice melodic flow. Sincerity, passion, the ability to add nuance at particular points of a song, and can bring it to church. There's a lot to like here. He's an act that seems like he can sing the phonebook, and just seems likeable and humble.

3. Holly Brand - The small town throwdown thing is something that's an immediate vote grabber on these show, and she's definitely got that passion and exuberance that you can't help but support. She's fairly poppy and her voice is definitely lighter than than the Faith Hills and Jo Dees of the world, so you wonder if there can be some slippage. But the persona and the identity can trump the voice here, and she's gonna get recognition for that. But as with poppier acts, if she veers off her comfort zone, will she be more generic?

2. Team Blake

1. Neil Salsich - He's a buskin' hipster who will rev up that guitar and create some rollickin' noise. It's a good time if this is the guy laying waste in your local pub. On this show? Yeah, you'd wonder how he can fit within the Voice's enclosed dynamic, and indeed you can start seeing the problems. But he's who he is, he's different, and he's just a nice change of pace for as long as he lasts.

2. Mary Kate Connor - It's more the potential with Mary Kate. Her voice quickly reveals her age, but the whole picture-smalltown girl, pretty, pretty voice, etc-can create visions of Danielle Bradbery in the minds of voters. She's more underbaked, more poppy, but the shades are there. It's still an intriguing idea, and quite a few things are aligned here.

3 Walker Wilson - I'm frankly just putting him here because he seems on-point with current trends of male country music. Dude looked like a spitting image of Bailey Zimmerman in his audition, and they're frankly the same age (24/23). He mixes melody with guttural growls, but gritty, dirty country is really generating streams among small town zoomers. So it's really the idea here, although Blake has eschewed so many country rock variants over the years this guy will probably drop fairly soon as well. 

3. Team Chance

1. NOIVAS - He's a hybrid of indie, jazz, church and soul imbued on inspirational worldly music, but he brands himself as pop (listen to "Breathing Underwater"). Just like Ross, and perhaps his earlier Idol? auditions, the pop veerings make him susceptible for exploitation further down the line. It's not a ding against versatile acts, but that's usually the way it is on these shows. I personally like the versatility, but if he gets too many stakeholders in his ear, this could veer in the wrong direction. 

2. Sorelle - Their theatrical, doo-wop, Gwen Stefani ska, poppy, crazy infusion of blend style is like what happens when you throw random ingredients in a skillet and see what turns out. But they do it in such a controlled, nuanced manner it's interesting. It's jarring at first, but you adapt once you realize it's their thing. And we all know they can act their age, and their ploy to do old songs is within the show's constraints. 

3. Magnus - I mean, we'd all prefer Magnus Carlsen in the chess world in terms of ability, and frankly I pegged this dude as 40 instead of 25 pre-audition. But as mentioned, there's a Paris Winningham-feel to this guy, just ladling velveeta, and creating a nice picture as he's singing. Good stuff. We all love the yacht rock feels of the 70s, and he brought a good vibe to it. He's a niche act we've seen in many incarnations in this show, so we know what to expect/and a low upside guy, but we all need the glue guys in our fantasy team, and he'd be one of them.

4. Team Niall

1. Ryley Tate Wilson - He's imbued his voice with a lot more passion than his grainy old youtube videos. You won't say preternatural, or a wunderkind at his age, because is it the song that's driving him, or is he driving the song? You might say it's more song here, even though he's definitely good within it. Basically, we need to see more beyond the confines of this song, especially since we know his bedroom experimental pop leanings are tugging against this image. But a very good start to try to ply votes on this show.

2. Kala Banham - Really good song choice that is rarely done on these shows. There's the Joni Mitchell, Judy Collins, hell, Carly Rae Jepsen version and everyone does justice to it. Banham put her spin on this one too. The song almost transcends every singer singing it, so the only quibble is what comes next, with a different song? One hopes she loosens up after this performance. It's great to show this side, but veering on the gloomy, melodramatic side consistently would be problematic. 

3. Ross Clayton - What a hipster. It's actually kind of weird to see minivan bait into this one, but Okie, father, guy who looks like he's having fun out there, it all kind of works. He melds pop rock with country, but on this show, the latter butters the bread, while he seems like he'll veer towards the former. But his personality/vocal style lends itself to be molded, he won't stay in a niche lane (unlike Sawyer/CWB/Bryce/etc), and that can be used against him.

Edited by jork
  • Like 3