Who won the KO: S18 Edition

Hsamid

Who won their KO?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Megan Danielle vs Cammwess

2. 2. Zan Fiskum vs Joanna Serenko

3. 3. Micah Iverson vs Tayler Green

Camm

Megan’s performance had the emotion but I honestly thought it could’ve been better vocally. This is Camm easily for me.

Zan

I meant to vote for Zan but messed up lol. Joanna is a good choice too though.

Tayler

I don’t think this was really as clear as people made it seem. I feel like Kelly is the type to make decisions on artistry and I can see why she chose Micah for that. But I agree more with Blake’s tactic of making decisions in the moment and for that, I’d choose Tayler.

• Like 1

Camm

Both emotional performances, but I think Camm was more vocally intriguing. He added more of his own style to the sung and did more vocally while still maintaining the integrity of the song.

Zan

Both sounded gorgeous in their lower registers, but when they both started belting I preferred Zan's tone cause she maintained the same tonal quality she had in her lower register while Joanna lost hers. The belts themselves wasn't particularly strong either.

Micah

Have a feeling Tayler will win by a Landslide but I honestly like Micah better. Fresh song choice, more unique voice, and he sung the more difficult song. I didn't hear any issues vocally in his performance.

Tayler was great too, but didn't capture me until the second half when her belts really resonated. Micah's tone caught my attention instantly.

Edited by Hsamid

Which season should I do next or repeat (with different poll options)

Been looking at other seasons KOs and not many standout as close KO pairs, at least the earlier ones

And seasons 19 - 22 I think the closest KO pairings have already been done at some point when they aired and are fairly recent. Unless you guys wouldn't mind a possible repeat poll?

Edited by Hsamid

Not this poll getting almost twice the votes of my last one in little more than half a day..

Anyways, the biggest surprise for me here is Micah winning. I remember the majority of YouTube comments thinking Tayler won, and given how a large section of IDF has a preference towards soul/rnb and female singers I thought for sure Tayler would win. Pleasantly surprised.

While Megan’s performance felt more personal, CammWess connected well too had the stronger vocal performance.

I didn’t think either Zan or Joanna gave their best here tbh but I am a Zan stan so I voted for her.

Micah, I have always held this opinion and I stand by it.

8 hours ago, Hsamid said:

Not this poll getting almost twice the votes of my last one in little more than half a day..

Anyways, the biggest surprise for me here is Micah winning. I remember the majority of YouTube comments thinking Tayler won, and given how a large section of IDF has a preference towards soul/rnb and female singers I thought for sure Tayler would win. Pleasantly surprised.

No, Majority of the YouTube comments were; Taylor was technically good, but Micah is special. He has star power and Charisma. Everyone there seemed to prefer him. 

IDF too preferred Micah. He had few haters here, but he had fans too. He also used to do well in the Rank th performances polls. Do you know he actually won the the "Who Do You Want To See Win" poll. He got 24 votes (even more than Thunderstorm). Of course right now, he's not as popular as he used to be.

Biggest shock for me is Zan having twice as votes as Joanna.

13 hours ago, Hsamid said:

Which season should I do next or repeat (with different poll options)

Been looking at other seasons KOs and not many standout as close KO pairs, at least the earlier ones

And seasons 19 - 22 I think the closest KO pairings have already been done at some point when they aired and are fairly recent. Unless you guys wouldn't mind a possible repeat poll?

I'd say make from s16. 

Like Matthew Vs Shawn, Julian Vs Kalvin, Celia Vs Karly, Cecily Vs Selkii, etc...

I think I've already made Jej/LB, Domenic/Matthew.

Edit: Kalvin/Jimmy too. That "Kelly, say I'm your man" was iconic.

Edited by Hamza Tufail
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Hamza Tufail said:

No, Majority of the YouTube comments were; Taylor was technically good, but Micah is special. He has star power and Charisma. Everyone there seemed to prefer him. 

Hm. You may be right. If you look at the voice re-upload channel though, the comments heavily favour Taylor.

IDF too preferred Micah. He had few haters here, but he had fans too. He also used to do well in the Rank th performances polls. Do you know he actually won the the "Who Do You Want To See Win" poll. He got 24 votes (even more than Thunderstorm). Of course right now, he's not as popular as he used to be.

Fair, I wasn't around for season 18.

Biggest shock for me is Zan having twice as votes as Joanna.

Oddly enough that's not as shocking to me. I see Zan mentioned far more often than Joanna here.

9 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

i’ve been in denial for years about CammWess winning the knockout but i suppose i should finally admit it 😭 looove Megan’s performance and her run in the show though.

her blind audition is seriously underrated

Nah, i'm proudly biased in a lot of these 😊

• Haha 1