Rank Every Recent Season from S10-S22!

VoiceSelf12

IMO, you don’t have to rank from results to the cast, rank it from which seasons you enjoyed most to least or even from the results and cast.

1. S13- Top Tier Cast, Great Results.

2. S21- Insane Cast, Aris Coaching was mid

3. S17- After other Seasons this was better.

4. S10- Great Cast, Pretty good results.

5. S22- Insane  Cast, Ehh Results. 

6. S20- Best Shortened Season. 

7. S12- Good Cast, Good Results.

8. S15- Great Pre Lives, but Robegate.

9. S19- Good Pre Lives, Results were trash.

10. S14- Great Pre Lives, Bad results. 

11. S18- Good Cast, COVID ruined it.

12. S16- Insane Cast ruined by bad results

13. S11- Bad results all around.

1. s21 - Amazing cast, amazing results. Top 4 were well deserving, as all of those 4 had been killing it since the start. I might've liked it even more had Joshua made it to the Finale instead of Jershika, but she's still good, so I wasn't that mad.
2. s15 - One of the best taped rounds ever. Blinds and Battles were amazing, and Knockouts were just on another level. Lives were also great. Reagan and Chris were my top 2, so I was sad when Reagan didn't make it.... But.... Chevel was really consistent, and deserved the win 100%. Can't complain.

s10 had a great cast, great results. I think the two best people of the season were the last 2 standing.
s22 had a very interesting cast, but a lot of people didn't deliver. I still enjoyed it because my top 5 were the last 5 standing.
s17 was insane performances wise, but I lost interest when My two Favorites were eliminated on the same night (Kyndal and Jake Haldenvang)
s20 was great, but can't rank any higher because of the shorter format.
s13 was great too, just wasn't super excited about it.
s12 was good, might've been even better for me had Lilli gone further. And one of my least favorite TV contestants ever, Aliyah Moulden, made it to the Finale, so that kinda brought it down for me.
s16 had killer taped rounds, but underwhelming live rounds as a whole. P.S. There were people whom I wanted to go far, but sadly they got eliminated.
s18 was also a good tier, but you know... none of the performances were live, so...
s19 was ok. I had really high hopes for my favorites, but sadly they didn't do as well as I expected.

s11 was ehhh. Billy and Sundance were the only ones that I enjoyed.
s14 was meh. Kyla was the only one I was invested in. The rest didn't even know what "Pitch" meant.

Edited by Hamza Tufail
  • Like 2

1. S13 - three great female artists in the finale, but they all had different styles which was refreshing. Just wish they hadn't pretaped the POs.
  2. S17 - the finale results were disappointing, but overall great season with many standout performances. Great addition of the wild card in POs. For once I didn't really think Team Blake was unfairly dominant.
  3. S14 - Brynn and Spensha in the finale brings it down a little, but still one of the best talent wise imo. Two nights of POs was unnecessary though.
  4. S19 - definitely the best of the short seasons imo, loved the finale lineup
  5. S21 - great winner. Wasn't a fan of Hailey, but at least her Billie performance in the finale was good. Ari definitely underperformed as a coach though.
  6. S10 - Alisan is my favorite winner, so it has to go higher even though I wasn't crazy about the rest (pleasantly surprised with Shalyah's run though). Emily leaving first in lives was a TRAGEDY
  7. S11 - Good winner, but also not much competition lol
  8. S22 - Bryce kinda convinced me by the end, but his style just isn't for me. Semifinals results were a disaster. 3WKOs should be listed with comeback stage and cross battles as the show's biggest failures imo. Despite all that we had a pretty good finale that exceeded my expectations.
  9. S12 - ehhh... my favorites left in the semifinals. Team Gwen deserved better.
  10. S15 - robegate and the comeback stage failure lol. Too much country in the finale for me, although Chevel was good. 
  11. S18 - not really their fault for the format or lack of live performances, but... meh. Would've loved to see Thunderstorm live.
  12. S20 - plenty of talent here, but format and results ruined it imo, at least Cam won
  13. S16 - ... so many great singers lost on top 24 night alone. Good thing they never did this again.
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

s14 was meh. Kyla was the only one I was invested in. The rest didn't even know what "Pitch" meant.

You didn't like Pryor?

I think if Blake chose WILKES instead of Spensha, that might've been my favorite team of his (along with maybe S21)

Season 18 seems to be ranked lower partly due to all the rounds being pretaped. But based on the performances I feel like the s18 was one of the most consistent casts.

Of course, everything being pretaped hides the flaws but I can't really say there was trainwreck performance and there usually is a couple in every season, and we all know a performance being pretaped can only do so much.. a few performances in season 22 and an entire round in season 16 can attest to that.

Also, on a semi related note I get the feeling people would rather have an all live Voice season rather than an entire pretaped season? Even if it means there will be no "perfect" performances unless you have a vocal beast like Wendy, Jordan or Maelyn in a season.

I mean, Let's be real. With a few exceptions, the most remembered  and best performances in a season usually end up being the pretaped ones.

Edited by Hsamid

15 minutes ago, Hsamid said:

Season 18 seems to be ranked lower partly due to all the rounds being pretaped. But based on the performances I feel like the s18 was one of the most consistent casts.

Of course, everything being pretaped hides the flaws but I can't really say there was trainwreck performance and there usually is a couple in every season, and we all know a performance being pretaped can only do so much.. a few performances in season 22 and an entire round in season 16 can attest to that.

Also, on a semi related note I get the feeling people would rather have an all live Voice season rather than an entire pretaped season? Even if it means there will be no "perfect" performances unless you have a vocal beast like Wendy, Jordan or Maelyn in a season.

I mean, Let's be real. With a few exceptions, the most remembered  and best performances in a season usually end up being the pretaped ones.

I know some people who prefer just watching the blinds, they'll pick and choose later on if they like a song or artist but in terms of watching the whole thing, they're most interested in blinds. It kinda makes sense, for earlier rounds the format is unique whereas later on it becomes more like other singing shows. Also that's when the singers make their first impressions, you can watch more casually since you're not as invested, you haven't had time to get bored of the season etc.

For me though as someone who will get more invested in this type of show I prefer the later live performances. Yeah, I think even if S18 was live, the finale contestants still would've been pretty consistent in their performances. They did their best given the remote format, Todd singing with his kids, Camm having the whole Purple Rain setup, Micah with the backyard concert etc. But you know, watching videos of people performing just doesn't seem as exciting as watching an actual live show. For me.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, nytsch said:

You didn't like Pryor?

I think if Blake chose WILKES instead of Spensha, that might've been my favorite team of his (along with maybe S21)

I remember liking two or three of his performances, but that's it. I really loved "I don't need no doctor" and thought he'd be one of my favorites, but that wasn't the case, I guess.

Great seasons. Had so much fun watching them.

1. S17

2. S13

3. S21

4. S10

Good seasons, but could have been improved one way or another

5. S15

6. S20

7. S22

Enjoyable at least

8. S12

9. S11

Frustatingly inconsistent 

10.S14

Had a lot potential but it went south quickly.

11. S16

Props to everyone for making it work during the pandemic, but I actually didnt care to watch the live shows in full.

12. S18

Edited by Misirlou

14 hours ago, nytsch said:

I know some people who prefer just watching the blinds, they'll pick and choose later on if they like a song or artist but in terms of watching the whole thing, they're most interested in blinds. It kinda makes sense, for earlier rounds the format is unique whereas later on it becomes more like other singing shows. Also that's when the singers make their first impressions, you can watch more casually since you're not as invested, you haven't had time to get bored of the season etc.

For me though as someone who will get more invested in this type of show I prefer the later live performances. Yeah, I think even if S18 was live, the finale contestants still would've been pretty consistent in their performances. They did their best given the remote format, Todd singing with his kids, Camm having the whole Purple Rain setup, Micah with the backyard concert etc. But you know, watching videos of people performing just doesn't seem as exciting as watching an actual live show. For me.

That's fair. I do prefer the lives as well but sometimes it jarring when a contestant has great pretaped performances then when lives come theres a huge quality dip in vocals.

Yeah the home videos were not it thats for sure. It doesnt help that the editing and videos themselves were incredibly cheesy. I would have rather just watched them sing live and that's it. But it might have looked to "amateurish"

But Ig for me I don't really care about the "performance" aspect as much

3 hours ago, erik g said:

The season overall was awful but Season 16 had some amazing auditions

even the battles that season were great. The entire first episode of battes was all bangers. There were also some gems like Selkii vs Cecily.

• Like 1

On 12/18/2022 at 10:54 PM, Hamza Tufail said:

1. s21 - Amazing cast, amazing results. Top 4 were well deserving, as all of those 4 had been killing it since the start. I might've liked it even more had Joshua made it to the Finale instead of Jershika, but she's still good, so I wasn't that mad.
2. s15 - One of the best taped rounds ever. Blinds and Battles were amazing, and Knockouts were just on another level. Lives were also great. Reagan and Chris were my top 2, so I was sad when Reagan didn't make it.... But.... Chevel was really consistent, and deserved the win 100%. Can't complain.

s10 had a great cast, great results. I think the two best people of the season were the last 2 standing.
s22 had a very interesting cast, but a lot of people didn't deliver. I still enjoyed it because my top 5 were the last 5 standing.
s17 was insane performances wise, but I lost interest when My two Favorites were eliminated on the same night (Kyndal and Jake Haldenvang)
s20 was great, but can't rank any higher because of the shorter format.
s13 was great too, just wasn't super excited about it.
s12 was good, might've been even better for me had Lilli gone further. And one of my least favorite TV contestants ever, Aliyah Moulden, made it to the Finale, so that kinda brought it down for me.
s16 had killer taped rounds, but underwhelming live rounds as a whole. P.S. There were people whom I wanted to go far, but sadly they got eliminated.
s18 was also a good tier, but you know... none of the performances were live, so...
s19 was ok. I had really high hopes for my favorites, but sadly they didn't do as well as I expected.

s11 was ehhh. Billy and Sundance were the only ones that I enjoyed.

I enjoyed Season 14, but only the pre lives to be honest because the battles and knockouts were great and Kyla’s run entirely.