Why the dramatic shift from bodie to Morgan being favoured (from a vocal coach) ?????????

ang1234567

Just curious how there was a huge shift from bodie being significantly favoured to Morgan... simply because of his Halsey performance? I mean it was a bad bad song choice but besides that bad key and his voice breaking at times in that performance, he has been IMPECCABLE and so artistic.... a Morgan has won the voice (female country), of course Bryce and Brayden esc have won the voice, why this huge shift from bodie when he's the most unique person the voice has seen and an OVERALL artist by far compared to anyone else this season OR POSSIBLY EVER... his vocal ability in 500 miles, glimpse of us, golden hour, BETTER NOW was honestly mindblowingly beautiful. AND THE WAY HE EMOTES!!! 

one off night for bodie when Morgan has shown many more inconsistent moments in her voice (unsteady and lack of control in low notes, excellent high notes but become yelly, and no where near the stage presence and of unique of a tone of voice as bodie....) 

I just don't get it, so would love to hear a discussion on this huge change! I even remember in a poll after the top 10 performances, bodie was a frontrunner.... and rightfully so.... so just curious why such a dramatic shift has come about!

Edited by ang1234567
  • Like 2

Honestly? I didn’t really like Better Now. I thought Kevin won that by a landslide although I understand why Blake kept Bodie.

Golden Hour was good, but I didn’t get what was so special that made everyone obsessed with it. Maybe it’s just that I didn’t know the song idk.

I do love his artistic vision and he covered 2 of my favorite songs (You Found Me and Glimpse of Us). I guess to me he’s more of an alternative guy and I wish he’d fully step into that lane. An alternative song with some rapping would be cool for the finale.

• Like 1

Bodie is still favored a lot. If you make a poll of top 8 or 10 contestants, he'd surely be right up there with Morgan. Now, that we have top 5, a lot of people have lost their favs(Kim, Parijita, and Justin), so maybe she's getting the votes form them and she was their 2nd choice.

Now that I think about it, one of the other reasons could be Golden Hour and Without You. Maybe there were some people who had him as their #1 and Morgan at #2, and the difference wasn't that much for them, but after these two performances Morgan became their #1, and he went to #2.

I love him, but yeah I also didn't love Golden Hour and Without Me. He still did good, and I respect that he has the guts to take risks and not giving a damn about what minivan would think about it, but these performances weren't for me, I guess.

At the start I had Bryce at #4 and Bodie at #3, but now after seeing their performances these last two weeks, I have Bryce at #3 and Bodie at #4. (It could change again after the finale tho).

Edited by Hamza Tufail

3 hours ago, ang1234567 said:

Just curious how there was a huge shift from bodie being significantly favoured to Morgan... simply because of his Halsey performance? I mean it was a bad bad song choice but besides that bad key and his voice breaking at times in that performance, he has been IMPECCABLE and so artistic.... a Morgan has won the voice (female country), of course Bryce and Brayden esc have won the voice, why this huge shift from bodie when he's the most unique person the voice has seen and an OVERALL artist by far compared to anyone else this season OR POSSIBLY EVER... his vocal ability in 500 miles, glimpse of us, golden hour, BETTER NOW was honestly mindblowingly beautiful. AND THE WAY HE EMOTES!!! 

one off night for bodie when Morgan has shown many more inconsistent moments in her voice (unsteady and lack of control in low notes, excellent high notes but become yelly, and no where near the stage presence and of unique of a tone of voice as bodie....) 

I just don't get it, so would love to hear a discussion on this huge change! I even remember in a poll after the top 10 performances, bodie was a frontrunner.... and rightfully so.... so just curious why such a dramatic shift has come about!

Morgan usually has a few off moments in some performances. I do agree with what you've said about her

But Bodie had an entire performance where he was off. He's also had a few shaky vocal moments in other performances, see the start of glimpse of us and a bit in golden hour.

Personally, I had them close enough where one weak performance from either of them would have one overtake the other in my overall ranking of who's had the better run. Just so happens it was Bodie.

But I've always liked Bodie more based on my personal preferences.

Don’t pee on my leg, and tell me it’s raining. Morgan has been held to a higher standard than pretty much every other contestant. If she would have delivered a vocal like Bodie’s, she would have been ripped to shreds here, and everywhere else, and probably wouldn’t have been voted through. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 9

LOL!  I also hold Morgan to a higher standard because she IS a higher standard. It's kinda a champagne problem when someone critiques the fringes of Morgan's insane range.  Bodie may....may be more consistent with his emotive presentation but the surpalatives over Morgan end there.  Dynamics, range, power and flexibility are clear wins for Morgan.  That said I have enjoyed bodie's run for the most part.   He would be my #3 after Morgan and Kim. 

• Like 6

39 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Don’t pee on my leg, and tell me it’s raining. Morgan has been held to a higher standard than pretty much every other contestant. If she would have delivered a vocal like Bodie’s, she would have been ripped to shreds here, and everywhere else, and probably wouldn’t have been voted through. 

Disagree about Morgan. Most people will call out a performance if it has vocal issues. I've seen the same with Justin, Omar and Bodie. Morgan is no different.

I dont think she'd be ripped to shreds either just like Bodie wasn't by his fans. Because most people are willing to give one off performance a pass if that contestant has been consistently great

38 minutes ago, Spurrious said:

Also I have to ask...was it really a huge shift or was top 10 the outlier?  Seems, in a general sense, top 13 opinions swung to Patjita and Morgan, top 10 to bodie and top 8 and top 5 to Morgan.  So.....

Morgan has always been at least Top 3 in the polls and at least Top 5 in the ratings' thread, it's not like suddenly everyone started loving her from nowhere. 

• Like 5

I think the last two performances have also altered people’s perception/opinion about whether Bodie can win with the voting audience whereas the past two weeks Morgan has seemingly become more appealing to that audience. 

I think they’re both great and enjoy them for different reasons but I think Morgan is definitely the more likely of the two to win. 

Edited by jem128
  • Like 1

Parijita was the perceived frontrunner until they stopped pimping her. 

Bodie was the perceived frontrunner until he wasn’t because of song choices and a shaky performance. 

Right now, Morgan is the perceived frontrunner, but I think it’s a toss-up between Morgan and Bryce. Roughly 2/3 of the audience is female, and country is the favorite genre of roughly 1/2. The show hasn’t had a female solo winner since Maelyn. That’s a lot to overcome. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1

I´ve supported bodie from the start, and I´ll keep doing it. This last performance did change my perception on his chances though, not because I didn´t like it, I certainly did, but because it´s clear that the type of songs he sings are not gonna get him the win. And that´s fine, he´s doing what he wants.

Morgan has been a percieved frontrunner since day 1. First leak of the season, consistent performances, etc. She´s in a good position right now to win it.

I´ll also say this: IDF was aware that bodie got pimped from the start, but he wasn´t considered a frontrunner here with Bryce and Brayden on the same team. I remember many thinking he was gonna need the coach save due to his syle at first, and it really wasn´t until T13 where people viewed him as Blake´s main guy. 

I think there even was a short amount of time between playoffs and T13 where Brayden was actually seen as Blake´s top dog after Bryce failed to get a PV.

And now we´re back to Bryce after bodie´s semis.

Edited by Misirlou
  • Like 1

• istersay changed the title to Why the dramatic shift from bodie to Morgan being favoured (from a vocal coach) ?????????
13 hours ago, Spurrious said:

LOL!  I also hold Morgan to a higher standard because she IS a higher standard. It's kinda a champagne problem when someone critiques the fringes of Morgan's insane range.  Bodie may....may be more consistent with his emotive presentation but the surpalatives over Morgan end there.  Dynamics, range, power and flexibility are clear wins for Morgan.  That said I have enjoyed bodie's run for the most part.   He would be my #3 after Morgan and Kim. 

I find that her dynamics are not controlled at all....they are quite distracting from her actual vocal ability which makes her difficult to listen to imho, and thus you can't understand what she's saying (For ex. in Tennessee whiskey). Whereas Bodies dynamics perfectly match the song and you can always understand what he's saying and his demeanour always matches the song/vocals. In terms of her range, she becomes very pitchy in the low end but her high notes are so impeccable that it doesn't stand out so much. I do think she has incredible talent but I think the "Flare" she tries to add to her performances truly takes away from her sound and vocal ability. 

Edited by ang1234567

10 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

She got John up out of his chair during the performance. That’s how you know it was good. 👊

I didn't watch the show live, but reading through the discussion thread, i got the impression that John was being apathetic all night and he was just not stooding up for any performance. So, when i finally saw Morgan's performance and a saw him stooding up for her during the performancr, i was like "WOW, If this isn't enough proof that Morgan killed it, idk what it is"

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

I didn't watch the show live, but reading through the discussion thread, i got the impression that John was being apathetic all night and he was just not stooding up for any performance. So, when i finally saw Morgan's performance and a saw him stooding up for her during the performancr, i was like "WOW, If this isn't enough proof that Morgan killed it, idk what it is"

On the live TV broadcast, the audience was so loud a couple times, I couldn’t even hear her, and that was when she was belting. I rewatched it on my DVR to make sure. Seems like they filtered some of that noise out for the online postings. 

YhVAXGH.jpg

w5Nel2n.jpg

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ang1234567 said:

I find that her dynamics are not controlled at all....they are quite distracting from her actual vocal ability which makes her difficult to listen to imho, and thus you can't understand what she's saying (For ex. in Tennessee whiskey). Whereas Bodies dynamics perfectly match the song and you can always understand what he's saying and his demeanour always matches the song/vocals.

I respect your opinion, but her dynamics aren't distracting in the slightest for us (Morgan's Fans). Sure, you didn't like her arrangement, but that's subjective. A lot of people (Including me) actually loved that she made that song her own. 

In terms of her range, she becomes very pitchy in the low end but her high notes are so impeccable that it doesn't stand out so much.

I disagree on the word "Very Pitchy". I've re-watched her performances a lot, and I can say I did notice minor issues, but those were "very minor" not "very pitchy".  It's not fair calling someone "very pitchy" when they were on pitch 95% or + of the time.

I do think she has incredible talent but I think the "Flare" she tries to add to her performances truly takes away from her sound and vocal ability. 

Again a disagreement. That "Flare" is actually what makes her performances more interesting to me. I loved the way she diva'd her Tennessee Whiskey performnace. Maybe it turned you off (maybe some others too), but I personally loved it.

Here's a thing, you just don't like her arrangements, her vocal choices, and you find them distracting. But you know, all of that is subjective. I totally respect your opinion, but you shouldn't be surprised if others think otherwise. It's not that her performances have been messes and people still like her the most. She is consistently giving great performances, IMO.

Edited by Hamza Tufail
  • Like 6

30 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

I respect your opinion, but her dynamics aren't distracting in the slightest for us (Morgan's Fans). Sure, you didn't like her arrangement, but that's subjective. A lot of people (Including me) actually loved that she made that song her own. 

I disagree on the word "Very Pitchy". I've re-watched her performances a lot, and I can say I did notice minor issues, but those were "very minor" not "very pitchy".  It's not fair calling someone "very pitchy" when they were on pitch 95% or + of the time.

Again a disagreement. That "Flare" is actually what makes her performances more interesting to me. I loved the way she diva'd her Tennessee Whiskey performnace. Maybe it turned you off (maybe some others too), but I personally loved it.

Here's a thing, you just don't like her arrangements, her vocal choices, and you find them distracting. But you know, all of that is subjective. I totally respect your opinion, but you shouldn't be surprised if others think otherwise. It's not that her performances have been messes and people still like her the most. She is consistently giving great performances, IMO.

This is one of these rare instances where we agree on something:giggle:

• Haha 5