Actors & Actresses Rankdown 2.0 (Winner Posted)

Steven_

Robert Pattinson

Robert-Pattinson-0917-GQ-FEFR01-01.jpg

Robert Pattinson has had a quite the growth arc as an actor in recent years. He started out as the actor everyone mocked and made memes of due to his Edward Cullen role in Twilight and Cedric Diggory role in Harry Potter (to a lesser extent). Robert famously disdained Twilight in particular, but it took his role in The Lighthouse to really gain credibility as a serious actor. His performance as Thomas Howard is one of my favorite horror performances in recent years. Even before that, I watched and enjoyed him in the Lost City of Z since exploration films tend to be one of my favorite genres. He was also good in Tenet, even though that film wasn't quite as good as the previous two, and The Batman although I haven't gotten around to seeing that yet. I'm intrigued by High Life although I have yet to see that one also. Overall the 30s is probably a little high for him but no rankers nominated him until this round and I didn't mind since I always look forward to what he will do next and he looks good these days. 

Edited by ~Tom~

Kristen Wiig

Kristen Wiig | Here's the Thing | WNYC Studios

One of my absolute favorite presences in the entertainment industry, Kristen Wiig is hilarious and an incredibly talented actor to boot. She had her breakthrough in Saturday Night Live where she became a cast member in 2006 and reached her heights with that show in 2009-2012, being nominated for an Emmy four times for her work in SNL. I was in high school during those years and that's when I really got into SNL so naturally Kristen was a huge favorite for this gay boy. I loved pretty much every character that she played and she became a formative presence in my style of humor. After she gracefully exited SNL she had another huge breakthrough in writing and starring in Bridesmaids, where she scored an Oscar nom for her script. I also think she did a great job at mixing her comedic skills with a softer, more dramatic side to her acting chops and this is where I really became a huge stan of hers. I don't know if she's quite done anything since that has been as memorable as her work in Bridesmaids but she's still all over the place and I love her. Notable other roles from Kristen include Despicable Me, Welcome to Me, Girl Most Likely, The Skeleton Twins, Ghostbusters, Sausage Party, Wonder Woman 2, The Martian, Barb and Star Go to Vista Del Mar, and more. None of these have been as good as Bridesmaids (I did really love The Skeleton Twins though), but I still love her and consider her to be one of my top favorites. ❤️ 

Emma Stone

330px-Emma_Stone_at_Maniac_UK_premiere_(

To paraphrase the previous write-up, Emma is a very well-known and very beloved actress. She has received various accolades, including an Academy Award, a British Academy Film Award, and a Golden Globe Award. She was the world's highest-paid actress and named by Time magazine as one of the 100 most influential people in the world in 2017. I know that IDF certainly loves her a lot. She originally placed runner-up in the orginal Actor rankdown. I know there were shenanigans involved with all the drama and multiple accounts, and I'm pretty sure that IDF loves her regardless, even though Emily Blunt would've won without them, so I've heard. I don't really have anything against her, but I'm not a hardcore stan even though I love her in Easy A, Zombieland, The Favourite, and The Amazing Spider-Man 1 and 2 among others. A much better spot for her!

• Sad 1

Kirsten Dunst

Kirsten Dunst - IMDb

Kirsten Dunst is an actress who has made quite the career for herself. She’s done it all…playing great roles on TV shows like Fargo, starring in blockbuster hits like the Spider-Man franchise, cult hits like Bring It On, stunning artsy films like Melancholia. and more. She finally got her Oscar nom for her splendid work in The Power of the Dog. Overall Kirsten is someone I love and would have been happy to see in the top 20. She has a memorable look and acting style to her and brings a warmth to the screen every time I see her. I hope she can snag an Oscar one day as I think she would be more than deserving. For now, she is more than deserving of a spot in our top 50 and we stan this wonderful queen.

Edited by #jeah

We’re down to the Top 26, and you know what that means: Final Cuts are next.

However, before the final eliminations, each ranker will get to advance one actor or actress of his choice to the Top 20. There’s no catch with your decision. The person you pick cannot be eliminated, will be in the Top 20, and you can rank that person wherever you like in your final rankings.

Once all the rankers make their picks, then the Final Cuts round will begin.

Please post your picks ASAP.

@Alex95 @#jeah @*Chris @FrogLenzen @.Rei @~Tom~

Okay, time for Final Cuts.

I’m on my phone right now, but I may format this post later. But you all know the rules. You each must now cut one person. These will be the last eliminations of the game. Everyone left will be in the Top 20. 

You have 24 hours to make your Final Cuts. Cuts are at a first come, first served basis. You cannot cut any of the safe people marked in gold on the first page. If you miss the deadline, then another ranker who already made his cut can swoop in and steal your cut.

If you have any questions, then let me know.

Good luck to your favorites!

@Alex95 @#jeah @*Chris @FrogLenzen @.Rei @~Tom~