DWTS 31 - Week 1 - The Premiere

Alex95

9 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

Although it's kinda crazy one of the most well-known Housewives alums already landing in the Bottom 2. Not sure how to feel about that at the moment. :haha: 

i feel like housewives have never done that well on the show...i just dont think the viewership really translates for whatever reason. usually they make it a week or 2 at least tho lol 

3 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Derek giving Vinny a 5 when he gave Jordin a 6?

Im Confused Drag Race GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

I think that it was because Jordin was the first performer on the show.  She might have gotten all 7's had she not been the first one to perform.  It happens a lot in various sports, such as figure skating.  Trust me, I know.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CarmenSandiego said:

I think that it was because Jordin was the first performer on the show.  She might have gotten all 7's had she not been the first one to perform.  It happens a lot in various sports, such as figure skating.  Trust me, I know.

I agree with you,I've seen this happen numerous times.The judges usually tend to be a bit harsher earlier on especially in the first show.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, XoBrynn said:

i feel like housewives have never done that well on the show...i just dont think the viewership really translates for whatever reason. usually they make it a week or 2 at least tho lol 

Yeah, this is very true that the Housewives popularity don't translate through to DWTS. But I still thought Teresa would have fared better in votes on the first week. :dead: 

Just now, Elliott said:

Me: Why doesn’t Joseph have his dad’s last name?

Me after looking at Wikipedia: 👁️👄👁️

lol, oh you. :haha: 

Hi everyone! Hopefully you all enjoyed the premiere. I started an hour late so I wasn't able to converse here but here are some of my main thoughts:

- This season is leaning very top heavy and the 16 person cast is soooo unnecessary. Hopefully some of the lower scoring contestants can breakthrough in upcoming weeks, or all the double eliminations end up being stacked in the beginning of the competition. I just don't think it will be enjoyable to watch some of these people stick around for multiple weeks. 
- If another couple performed Charli's dance in a later week it wouldve been rewarded 9's and 10's, or even if Charli herself performed it in a later week. I think she is set up to be one of the best dancers to ever appear on this show, but she is boring and the emotion behind her performance felt too fake. Mark needs to bring out a side of her we haven't seen. If he is able to do that, I think they are getting the win. 

- Cheryl Ladd's performance was an unexpected surprise! I'm glad she made it through and looking forward to seeing what else she serves us. 

- Jessie had so much more enthusiasm than I was expecting, and I do see potential in her as a performer. However, sis needs to work on her technique because that was messy! 

- I think Daniel and Britt are my favorite couple. They are both so wholesome and genuine, and I can tell they are going to work hard this season.