The Voice ● S22 ● Spoilers/News/Updates 🍂

Someone648

27 minutes ago, Ricky Cabello said:

This is the first season that I watch full time (from the start). But I'm curious, did they ever geolock previous season perfomances @ youtube? or this season is the first one ever they do something like that

We´ve had geoblocked videos in past seasons, but not nearly as much as this one.

1 hour ago, TeamAudra said:

Just like I didn’t enjoy Kim attempting a Willie Nelson song, to pander for country votes. We agree on something! 

If it was pandering, can you blame her? She's consistently been in the bottom of social media views, Likes and shares. At least she sung well (unlike someone trying to bless the usa..), even if people may not like the melody changes to the song.

And not sure I dig the implied jab at her authenticity. She does live in a country music city, and has covered country songs on her sets before (granted with an rnb spin, like what she did yesterday)

I suppose we'll never know whether it was strictly for the purposes of pandering. Its also possibly it was the song she gravitated to out of the available options.

• Like 2

Just like I didn’t enjoy Kim attempting a Willie Nelson song, to pander for country votes. We agree on something! 

Kim posted a story stating that she sang that song not for votes, but to honor her grandmother. I wish I had taken a ss before she took it down…. But yeah she didn’t nail that song for country votes, she did it to pay homage to her loved one. Thank you

Edited by jayshon
  • Like 10

I don’t think Kim’s performance was pandering at all. Her connection to the song seemed genuine. 

I can’t remember how it works with the team performances. Will there be people that have to do their team performance knowing that they are in the B4?

Edited by jem128
  • Like 2

I loved last two performances from Kim, but this wasn't it.

I honestly prefer HOOT/Steve(might be unpop).

2 minutes ago, jem128 said:

I don’t think Kim’s performance was pandering at all.

I can’t remember how it works with the team performances. Will there be people that have to do their team performance knowing that they are in the B4?

These are before all the results are announced. By the time they know who is on the Bottom, the team performances already happened

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

I loved last two performances from Kim, but this wasn't it.

I honestly prefer HOOT/Steve(might be unpop).

Jake/Steve slayed “Always on My Mind”. 
the other cover I really love is Judith Hill’s from season 4. Kim’s was fantastic too!

• Like 4

For clarity, the only thing I wanted to do last night was honor a very special person in my life. Votes, etc have zero to do with real life. I think I speak for all contestants when I say we laid it all out last night. Love & light to all❤️

Edited by KimCruse
  • Like 28

I mean, I don´t really have a problem with non-country folks singing country on the show. Could it be pandering? Possibly. Could it be simply because they like it? Indeed. 

But it is what it is, everybody´s free to do whatever they please. I enjoyed Kim´s rendition last night.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, KimCruse said:

For clarity, the only thing I wanted to do last night was honor a very special person in my life. Votes, etc have zero to do with real life. I think I speak for all contestants when I say we laid it all out last night. Love & light to all❤️

The Queen has spoken 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, KimCruse said:

KIM HI!!!! Love you and just wanted to let you know that no matter what, you're amazing!

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, KimCruse said:

As someone who’s lost people close to me, you honored your grandmother perfectly (and nailing the vocal was the icing on the cake) ❤️

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

I mean, I don´t really have a problem with non-country folks singing country on the show. Could it be pandering? Possibly. Could it be simply because they like it? Indeed. 

But it is what it is, everybody´s free to do whatever they please. I enjoyed Kim´s rendition last night.

Exactly, who cares if it's pandering or not, just give a good performance.

We don't know the motivations that makes an artist pick a song. It could look at pandering at first in some cases, but some songs (for example, Christian songs) really mean a lot for some of the contestants. We don't know that, for sure. And even if it's pandering, the whole point of the competition is getting votes, so a little bit of strategy isn't bad at all. 

With that said, if you don't want someone to be rude to your favorites, don't be rude to other's people favorites first. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Angelbright said:

Well me as a Beyoncé fan didn’t enjoy Morgan’s… performance 

I can only assume it was her delivery or tone that you didn't like. Which is fine, those things are subjective to one's taste

Objectively speaking though, she delivered vocally. 

Edited by Hsamid
  • Like 3

I kinda don’t like when people bash contestants and think they can perform better than the artist when the artist clearly has experience and actually sang good. If you say you don’t like a performance that’s fine, just don’t judge their vocals and say they can’t tackle a genre or a singers song when most clearly can’t. Let the artist sing whoever they want to sing even if it isn’t good or bad at-least they have the guts to sing on national television and are not hiding behind a computer and sharing negative thoughts all the time.  I’m fine with people having opinions, I just don’t like when they are always negative and never positive! 

• Like 4