The Voice ♦️ S23 ♦️ Spoilers/News/Updates 🌼

Someone648

Facebook after nearly 8 hours:

102K views/3.8K reacts/ 247 shares 

Ratio: 26.84

I have no idea whether this is good or bad, because there’s nothing to compare it too. I don’t remember where Cait and Kala were at at this point. 

The comments clearly favor Holly in this matchup. 

Edited by TeamAudra

1 minute ago, Misirlou said:

Holly is great, but the thing is, will the audience appreciate the vocal theatrics and the whistle notes? We'll see.

If we're talking about minivan, this week may tell a lot. This is the first week Holly seemed to be all out to me, looking like the former Ms. Mississippi and doing the big vocal. The thing is, though, she did that without, to me, sounding like a pageant performance. But it was a performance for sure - she even hit a pose or two. She's not really for me, but hats off to her. It was country as can be, but dressed up for the party. I think they'll like it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, StarWalker1 said:

I honestly feel like the show really doesn't even need to pimp Grace, she's exactly what the audience wants

This 100%. I feel like this season has the most predictable winner ever and I love it since Grace is my favorite. But being realistic it’s true. Grace is Blake’s last contestant ever on his last season. She’s young and country and his only country artist. Singing classic songs. She’s gotten great response from the audience. The storyline couldn’t have been written better on Blake’s last season. Everyone doubting this is overthinking it. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Also…her movements come off as very choreographed, like something from a pageant. I’m not saying that’s a bad thing, just questioning how the country audience will feel about it. I don’t know… 🤷‍♂️ 

I guess you would know a thing or two about that as a Morgan myles fan.

• Haha 9

22 minutes ago, Hsamid said:

I guess you would know a thing or two about that as a Morgan myles fan.

Looking back at it, it was just her KO that received that criticism. It was honestly blown out of proportion, her stage presence was fine. I personally loved the way she presented herself, it just oozed passion. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, erik g said:

It's not a bad song (it's fun to dance too), but it is a little cheesy imo

I think the fun part will be key for them and perhaps not doing as much of the harmonies — and more typical pop. Will be interesting to see how dynamic they are vs. one trick pony. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I didn’t offer a personal opinion on the matter. 

Yeah I know, was just a playful jab. I didn't mean any offense by it.

4 minutes ago, Maxwell said:

Looking back at it, it was just her KO that received that criticism. It was honestly blown out of proportion, her stage presence was fine. I personally loved the way she presented herself, it just oozed passion. 

It's a dumb thing to legitimately harp on for sure especially since it was probably just natural self expression on her part and not something she was consciously doing.

It was still funny though.

Edited by Hsamid
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Hsamid said:

Yeah I know, was just a playful jab. I didn't mean any offense by it.

It's a dumb thing to legitimately harp on for sure especially since it was probably just natural self expression on her part.

It was still funny though.

Actually, Camila told her to move her arms around more. If Gwen wouldn’t have mentioned it, I probably wouldn’t have noticed. That said, if you check out videos of Morgan performing at her shows, she is very, very active, but it’s more rock star style stage presence. She gets a hell of a workout on stage. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, TeamAudra said:

Also…her movements come off as very choreographed, like something from a pageant. I’m not saying that’s a bad thing, just questioning how the country audience will feel about it. I don’t know… 🤷‍♂️ 

I can’t get the pageant moves out of my head either. Very robotic to me. 

2 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Actually, Camila told her to move her arms around more. If Gwen wouldn’t have mentioned it, I probably wouldn’t have noticed. That said, if you check out videos of Morgan performing at her shows, she is very, very active, but it’s more rock star style stage presence. She gets a hell of a workout on stage. 

Oh, yeah I remember now. That makes it even worse tbh. But solely on Camilla. Interesting coaching advice to say the least..

Edited by Hsamid
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

A little OT, but what the hell. 

I’ve seen her even more active than this, but it’s an example of what I was talking about. Musically, vocally, and stage…this is a side of Morgan many of you have probably never seen. If she would have done this on the show, minivan would have kicked her off, but ironically, it was mostly minivans in the audience, and they probably loved it. It’s from a couple months ago. 

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Co0k_jUsCK1/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, Hsamid said:

It's a dumb thing to legitimately harp on for sure especially since it was probably just natural self expression on her part and not something she was consciously doing.

i disagree — i think it was a conscious effort to do what camila advised to her during advising sessions because camila told her to gesture and stuff. but either way blame is not on her

I would love it if Holly or Grace takes the victory. Holly won't win this season, but I still want her to be in the top two. Holly's coach also wants Blake to win his last season, she just want to give Blake some hard time.

Edited by Arsh

Rachel's way too sedate and put-up on this show. She needs to perform, Boho garb, like she's in Coachella this weekend in front of a bunch of screaming 20-something girls. Yeah, I know she's catering to an audience forty years older so she has to act the part. But, man that performance makes me want to click on the first video that comes up from "fleetwood mac rhiannon the dance". 

There's something too "eager to please" about Holly's performance style, which is straight out of pageantry singing competitions 101. That's gonna win Miss Congeniality, but it's a completely different audience here. That's why she auditioned for XF in the first place, there's those sort of pop inflections in the mix there. Compared to Grace that's definitely going to undercut her in the votes.

Edited by jork
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

So you'd prefer to win your KO, or a D Smooth standing O? Difficult choice.

I’ve seen several comments over the past couple weeks from people wondering who “those people they keep showing” are. Most people have the attention span of a gnat. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Haha 11

Just now, TeamAudra said:

Holly already has Mississippi locked up, and is making a major play for Kentucky with that song choice. Which state will she sing about next? There are a lot of country songs about Texas. Maybe that’s the play. 🤔 

Tennessee?? Oh wait, Queen Grace already got that one covered :P 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Holly already has Mississippi locked up, and is making a major play for Kentucky with that song choice. Which state will she sing about next? There are a lot of country songs about Texas. Maybe that’s the play. 🤔 

Holly Brand - Sweet Home Alabama (The Voice Performance)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3