♫ ♪ Morgan Myles Fan Thread ♪ ♫

Spurrious

Morgan has never said she was a pure country singer, but start using that she's a blend of "Country-Soul" artist and pull out a Stapleton cover to convince the audience that she would sound like the "Female" version of him. She's authentic in everything she does, but start showing that country edge she has from now on to easily get in the Finale.

If she doesn't get those types of songs, then I'm putting it on Camila, I'm still 50-50 on her coaching skills so far. Let's see if she can do the right thing in the Top 10 with Morgan(especially now that she's her last singer left)

1 minute ago, FloorWax said:

Morgan needs to sing good country songs from this point onwards to have a shot at winning tbh. I can't help but feel she's losing steam a little bit.

I think she's still in the Finale at worst, and she showed her versatility with the Beyonce flip, but now it's time to focus on that 🏆

I do want to slow down and focus on what she has done so far though. Her Top 16 and Top 13 have been slayages, they weren't boring or messy and showed that Morgan has what it takes.

Let's hope this song that was most requested, is a slam dunk for Morgan.

• Like 2

Congrats to Morgan on making it! I knew she would. I hope she gets to sing Rise Up, It's A Man's World, Everybody's Free, Let It Go, God Only Knows, or maybe Best Days next week. She would slay. Or give her Baby by Justin Bieber or how about I Love You by Barney and Friends? 

58 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

She did what she had to do on these past two weeks. Now the real competition beggins. And i think she can rise to the top.

I still think it's Morgan's to lose, we know what she's capability of, song choice is what matters.

I'll be real and say if I think Morgan can't win anymore, but I think she still has the best chance to take home the W. Its not like anyone else has more of a chance to runaway with it, in fact she still has the most potential to steamroll everyone. 

1 hour ago, QueenKalie said:

It is a well known song. But some of minivan hates it because they thought it was a "gay" song.

1 hour ago, istersay said:

omg :lmao: never thought of it as that, more a song of envy

Yeah, it's easy to think it's a gay song when you hear a woman sing, "I wanna taste her lips."  I'm ashamed to admit that I did, too, until I heard the rest of the line.😁

After that, I knew for sure that it was an envy song.

I hear and understand the chatter about Morgan going country for the win.  I'm not sure 'win at any cost' is part of her personality.  From my perspective, being true to herself is the vibe she has curated   Just sayin'. 

21 minutes ago, Spurrious said:

I hear and understand the chatter about Morgan going country for the win.  I'm not sure 'win at any cost' is part of her personality.  From my perspective, being true to herself is the vibe she has curated   Just sayin'. 

What does Morgan “being true to herself” look like to you? She has covers of Girl Crush and Either Way (very recent) on her YouTube. Now, I’m even more confused. 

5 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

What does Morgan “being true to herself” look like to you? She has covers of Girl Crush and Either Way (very recent) on her YouTube. Now, I’m even more confused. 

I can't be the one to identify her.  That is Morgan's exclusive right.  I can recount her words and actions though.  Her words were I'm on the fringe of Country....that sounds to me like she is 90% something else.  I suspect if you really want to know the identity of a singer/songwriter, pay close attention to what she writes....that is from her heart and soul....it's personal.  What she performs is a job she seems to love. I wouldn't pay so much attention to what she covers but if you do... ask yourself how did she cover it?  Her Girl Crush cover is far more Bluesy than LBTs.   As to Either Way...well what kind of artist is Chris Stapleton?  Yeah they play his stuff on Country radio but country radio is a poor arbiter of what country music is.  Chris is a Unicorn they put in the horse barn because he did not look at all like the goats, pigs or chickens.  Blake was right there for her to pick. Gwen (aka Blake lite) was also there.  She said...naw. 

IMHO From what she writes, what she says and her actions on this show....she is a soulful blues story teller girl at heart.  I don't think we will see her stray too far from that.  That obviously does not mean she won't cover Girl Crush.  I think it's likely she will but it will be more Blues than Country. On the other hand....Country has a rich pool of story teller songs just waiting to get all dressed up in blue.

• Like 5

53 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I listened to both of these back to back, liked Morgan’s better, and I’m a pretty big fan of Stapleton.

LOL.  I was fishing for that kind of comment when I posted her Girl Crush Video the first time.   I was wondering if it was only me who liked Morgan's version better. 

#ShyStan

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Spurrious said:

I can't be the one to identify her.  That is Morgan's exclusive right.  I can recount her words and actions though.  Her words were I'm on the fringe of Country....that sounds to me like she is 90% something else.  I suspect if you really want to know the identity of a singer/songwriter, pay close attention to what she writes....that is from her heart and soul....it's personal.  What she performs is a job she seems to love. I wouldn't pay so much attention to what she covers but if you do... ask yourself how did she cover it?  Her Girl Crush cover is far more Bluesy than LBTs.   As to Either Way...well what kind of artist is Chris Stapleton?  Yeah they play his stuff on Country radio but country radio is a poor arbiter of what country music is.  Chris is a Unicorn they put in the horse barn because he did not look at all like the goats, pigs or chickens.  Blake was right there for her to pick. Gwen (aka Blake lite) was also there.  She said...naw. 

IMHO From what she writes, what she says and her actions on this show....she is a soulful blues story teller girl at heart.  I don't think we will see her stray too far from that.  That obviously does not mean she won't cover Girl Crush.  I think it's likely she will but it will be more Blues than Country. On the other hand....Country has a rich pool of story teller songs just waiting to get all dressed up in blue.

I would say, “Sanctuary” and “Therapy” are her most “Stapleton-like” songs, and fit what you’re describing, and they also happen to be my favorite songs on the album. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TeamAudra said:

I would say, “Sanctuary” and “Therapy” are her most “Stapleton-like” songs, and fit what you’re describing, and they also happen to be my favorite songs on the album. 

yep.  🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spurrious said:

LOL.  I was fishing for that kind of comment when I posted her Girl Crush Video the first time.   I was wondering if it was only me who liked Morgan's version better. 

#ShyStan

OK, I’m convinced now. I just mentioned in the spoiler thread, this screams semi-final show closer. Whatever she does, I will support it, even though I have my own preferences. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

OK, I’m convinced now. I just mentioned in the spoiler thread, this screams semi-final show closer. Whatever she does, I will support it, even though I have my own preferences. 

That is a top tier cover for sure. Sounds just as good as the original.

• Like 1