7. Huntergirl

8. Jessica Sierra

9. Lisa Tucker

10. Nikko Smith

11. Paris Bennett

12. Stephanie Edwards

Anthony Fedorov

3ItvlclI_400x400.jpg

I have varying levels of mild appreciation for most of the nominees so my cut was either gonna be him or Huntergirl and, as much as I'd love to get out a country singing ABC era girl, this is probably the less controversial cut despite the fact that he made it to fourth place on his season. I talked about how weird I found the S4 bootlist during my Scott cut. Now Anthony lasting way too long I understand much more than Scott cause he was actually c00t so I understand why the teenage girls and soccer moms voted for him while watching the show on mute. However, if you watched the show not on mute and listened to the singing with yours ears, it was clear Anthony was way out of his depth compared to his competitors and should not have lasted as long as he did. Anthony generally wasn't ~bad~ but he struggled with a lot of his performances. And unlike some other cuts I've made where I'm like "they have potential, they're just too young" I feel like Anthony didn't have anything left in the tank. It seems like he did a lot of off-broadway after the show and that's where I feel like his talent level was at. He was never gonna be America's next superstar, he just simply did not have the voice. But he has the look and he has enough talent where I'm like, he can handle a supporting role in an off-broadway production of The Sound of Music or whatever.

Save Paris Bennett

Anthony's a fair cut but I'll always love and appreciate his version of "I Surrender," which is one of my favorite versions (if not actual favorite) on these singing shows. Too bad he didn't have more performances of that caliber in his run.

• Like 1

Devin Velez

devin_velez_idol_portrait_l.jpg?w=1024

Devin was on season 12 and he finished in 8th place. So I listened to his Carrie Underwood performance of Temporary Home and I agreed with Keith that it wasn't good at all. It seemed like he chose Carrie on his own and it wasn't a theme so that was a big mistake as he is clearly not capable of doing those type of songs. He was in the bottom 2 that week so America didn't like it either but he did manage to survive this week before eventually being eliminated in the top 8 after he sang "The Tracks of My Tears" by The Miracles. 

Here is that Carrie song that I was talking about. 

Aside from the performances already mentioned, I liked I’ve Got You from Anthony. 

And while it wasn’t a Carrie theme, the week Devin chose Temporary Home was an American Idol winner theme.