American Idol Season 21 Spoilers - Presented By The Idol Pad

Idol Maniac

I thought it was pretty good! I remember watching it back in November for the Platinum Ticket vote and not being that huge of a fan, but it grew on me!

I do think there were some vulnerable vocal moments, but in this case, I think they added to the youthfullness and naivety of the lyrics. I'm expecting her to gain confidence throughout Hollywood for sure.

Edited by m1key

There's definitely potential there, but I think she did a little better towards the end than towards the beginning.  She'll probably improve enough in Hollywood to make the Top 26 but I don't know how well she'll do compared to the others in her group.

Edited by CarmenSandiego

11 hours ago, kenboy123 said:

I liked Haven…I liked her voice and her song was really good…she definitely reminded me of a younger Taylor Swift…did she sing perfectly???…no, but i think people her age will really like her…

Maybe she reminded you of TSwift because she also has a song titled Fifteen!

just listened to Haven. cool song, the beginning vocals were nice though rough around the edges (to be expected in a high pressure situation). i did feel like there were lots of pitch issues later in the song, so if i were a judge i might not give her a Yes, but i can see why she probably moved on. 

How long are the auditions going to be???…anyone know the schedule of the season???…I’m presuming they may want to get the auditions finished before the Academy Awards…honestly I don’t need the auditions to drag out as long as we see the “important” contestants …I feel like the auditions always drag on and we can have more live shows instead…

34 minutes ago, kenboy123 said:

How long are the auditions going to be???…anyone know the schedule of the season???…I’m presuming they may want to get the auditions finished before the Academy Awards…honestly I don’t need the auditions to drag out as long as we see the “important” contestants …I feel like the auditions always drag on and we can have more live shows instead…

This is likely going to be the schedule based on info we have:

February 19th: Auditions 1
February 26th: Auditions 2
March 5th: Auditions 3
March 12th: (No Episode - Oscars)
March 19th: Auditions 4
March 26th: Auditions 5
April 2nd/3rd: Hollywood Week
April 9th/10th: Showcase
April 16th/17th: Top 26

Monday episodes won't start until after The Bachelor ends, which is going to be Monday, March 27th most likely. Monday episodes will start just in time for Hollywood Week.

I agree Auditions are the worst part of the season but they are also the part of the season that tends to spawn the most viral content 🥲

Edited by m1key

21 minutes ago, m1key said:

This is likely going to be the schedule based on info we have:

February 19th: Auditions 1
February 26th: Auditions 2
March 5th: Auditions 3
March 12th: (No Episode - Oscars)
March 19th: Auditions 4
March 26th: Auditions 5
April 2nd/3rd: Hollywood Week
April 9th/10th: Showcase
April 16th/17th: Top 26

Monday episodes won't start until after The Bachelor ends, which is going to be Monday, March 27th most likely. Monday episodes will start just in time for Hollywood Week.

I agree Auditions are the worst part of the season but they are also the part of the season that tends to spawn the most viral content 🥲

but no confirmation ???… uhhh…3 weeks of auditions is honestly enough…

1 hour ago, kenboy123 said:

but no confirmation ???… uhhh…3 weeks of auditions is honestly enough…

I actually think that 4 weeks is enough.  3 is too short, 5 is a tad too long but 4 is just right.  You can show more duets if the auditions are 4 weeks and not 5.

Edited by CarmenSandiego

18 minutes ago, CarmenSandiego said:

Don't count your chickens before they hatched.  It's not about how you start, it's about how you finish.  That said, I think that Colin is better than last year's winner, Noah.

it’s really not…it’s really about who can appeal to the American Idol base…country moms on Facebook are already salivating…its game over for everyone else…unless he has one really awful performance….even then, that may not be enough for him to lose…

if the judges are picking who goes home in the Hawaii round, we may have a chance that he doesn’t make the public vote if they are pushing for a girl winner, but even that is not reliable…

and before you say Maddie won over Caleb…Caleb was barely shown in the prior rounds and even he made second place when a lot of people thought he wouldn’t …Gabby was “supposed” to win that season, but they couldn’t make that happen…

Edited by kenboy123