So You Think You Can Dance Season 17

1 minute ago, *Amanda said:

I never thought I’d see the day when a SYTYCD episode had no Contemporary duets, given how obsessed with that style the show is. :dead: 

next week it'll probably have a bunch of them lol

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, *Amanda said:

I never thought I’d see the day when a SYTYCD episode had no Contemporary duets, given how obsessed with that style the show is. :dead: 

OMGG I know right? :dead: It's kinda refreshing having an episode with no Contemporary routines - when the show would sometimes give us 3 an episode. :haha: 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, *Amanda said:

It probably didn't fit in with the theme.

Anyway, I loved the Broadway routine more than the judges seemed to.  But at least they didn't criticize Alexis.

• Like 1

Thiago & Alexis did deliver a really fun, cute and entertaining Broadway routine. Ahh Thiago is getting the lack of connection/performance issues. Hmmm, I do think Alexis was a more vibrant performer but I thought Thiago performed it well. Technically they were really sharp and on point! :yes: 

• Like 1

Thiago, Jordan, Carter and Alexis are all in danger. :( 

Hmmm not surprised about the first 3 really, but am surprised to see Alexis there. Don't think the judges would let her go. At least they better not.

• Sad 1

Hmmm yeah I can see it being a toss up between Carter or Thiago. I think I would probably prefer Thiago to stay, but he had the same critiques two out of 3 weeks, so I'm thinking he may be going tonight.

And yeah it seems pretty obvious Jordan will go on the girls side.

No surprise that Alexis survived since Jordan was in the Bottom 2 twice.  I think that this week, she was brought down by her partner.  Had she a different partner, she might not have gotten in the Bottom 4.  But Thiago had problems with his performance skills, and in dancing, it doesn't matter if you're a great technical dancer if you can't be a fine performer.  Thiago found that out the hard way.

Jordan and Thiago are eliminated. Sad to see them go but not really surprised. :( 

I'm fine with Jordan going over Alexis, as she was my choice to go. It was a toss-up between the guys for me. Sad to see Thiago go as I really enjoyed his Hip-Hop with Essence last week.

Ugh, the audience voting sucks. :/

What were Alexis and Thiago doing in B4? They had probably one of the best danced routines of the night.

Jordan got really shafted, not only with last week’s poor choreo, but also this week with her partner who brought her down and was still safe over her. :mellow: But with the B4 girls she was sadly the right person to go.

But I can’t understand the decision to eliminate Thiago. He was great in Broadway and one of the better performers as well as technically gfited dancers this season. :( I thought he would be in top 6, maybe even top 4, easily. :broken:

Can we start a petition to eliminate the costumes department team this season istead :ph34rwave: Some of those costume choices are :wacko:

It was a pretty good show though and it turns out we don’t need to have three Contemporaries to have an entertaining show, but yeah… my B4 of the night was the audience & the costumes department. :closedeyes:

• Like 1