AI20 Semi-Finals Elimination Format

Idol Maniac

I can see the format being 

24-18-14 (semifinals) 10-7-5-3 (finals)

But idk. A lot of it depends on how often they are going to air episodes on both Sunday/Mondays. Either way, Im glad we are getting more semifinals episodes because it gives Top 24 "fodder" more chances to grow and improve instead of being dead on arrival.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, m1key said:

I can see the format being 

24-18-14 (semifinals) 10-7-5-3 (finals)

But idk. A lot of it depends on how often they are going to air episodes on both Sunday/Mondays. Either way, Im glad we are getting more semifinals episodes because it gives Top 24 "fodder" more chances to grow and improve instead of being dead on arrival.

Was already wrong about this 💀 If you go the Idol app, it gives instructions about voting already and the first round of eliminations!

https://imgur.com/a/mdZnbD4

It wasnt posted here but Idol Maniac has officially revealed that it is going from 24-20-16.

1 hour ago, QueenKalie said:

How are the finals going again?

Assuming each live show/voting round lasts one week, there will be 7 weeks of voting (3 weeks of Semis, 4 weeks of Finals). My current guess is that finals will be 12-9-6-3, but as you can see earlier in the thread, my guess means nothing and could be very wrong 💀 

Edited by m1key

17 hours ago, CarmenSandiego said:

I wonder why they decided to make it Top 14 instead of Top 16?

Logistics, most likely. Since they'll probably have to announce the Top 20 results at the top of the next performance show, it's easier to do it with just 14 performances rather than 16 in a live show.

6 hours ago, Elliott said:

Logistics, most likely. Since they'll probably have to announce the Top 20 results at the top of the next performance show, it's easier to do it with just 14 performances rather than 16 in a live show.

You're probably right.  Thanks for explaining it to me.

“511 (Season 20’s Top 20)”– The competition heats up as the top 24 “American Idol” hopefuls return to Hollywood for a shocking night of reveals. Last week’s votes are in and season 20’s Top 20, hand-picked by America, will be revealed. All 20 remaining contestants will perform for superstar judges Luke Bryan, Katy Perry and Lionel Richie, and viewers at home will vote once again to determine who will make it to the next round. Emmy® Award-winning host and producer Ryan Seacrest hosts “American Idol,” SUNDAY, APRIL 17 (8:00-11:00 p.m. EDT), on ABC. (TV-PG, L) Watch episodes on demand and on Hulu the day following their premieres.

“512 (Top 14 Live Reveal)” – Following the Top 20 reveal, America’s votes will determine which 10 Idol hopefuls will continue on in their musical journey, capping off a night of unforgettable performances. Judges Luke Bryan, Katy Perry and Lionel Richie will choose the additional four singers to join the Top 14. Emmy® Award-winning host and producer Ryan Seacrest hosts “American Idol,” LIVE MONDAY, APRIL 18 (8:00-10:01 p.m. EDT), on ABC. (TV-PG, L) Watch episodes on demand and on Hulu the day following their premieres.

Edited by m1key