Over-Hated Contestants And Performances

Mistake006

Carson Peters. 

Remember when there were hints at the whole comeback thing and we were all worried that Carson was coming back? Yeah. Someone even invented the term "Carsonphobia" and you know, it was a pretty accurate term lol

Edited by Gustavo527
  • Like 3

The male country artists tend to get a hard time here, which kinda balances the good treatment they get from Minivan, ironically.

Red Marlow got way too much hate for example. The guy is a straightforward classic country singer, and he is actually very good, but he is obviously not gonna be everyone's cup of tea, since he has pretty much 0 crossover appeal. If you dont like country, then you're just not gonna like this guy. Classic country doesnt tend to feature huge notes or vocal gymnastics, its pretty much lyrics and music.

I find myself enjoying his performances, particularly his Playoffs one.

But the comments towards him were brutal back in the day on IDF, even after it was revealed that Noah sabotaged himself.

I remember TJW from S7 is so hated here. He might not be vocally perfect, but I still enjoy couple of his performances. His arrangement of "Heartless" is cool, and I also liked "Mad World" and "Royals". But the fact that he had beaten Troy Ritchie (ROBBED) in a KO...

• Confused 2

2 hours ago, Misirlou said:

She got some flack for defeating Michael, but I dont remember her getting hate per se. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong please).

Honestly, I would definitely consider the flack Sa'Rayah got for defeating Michael as hate. People were RUTHLESS despite the fact that Sa'Rayah ATE and deserved to advance just as much as Michael.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, ikwonic said:

Honestly, I would definitely consider the flack Sa'Rayah got for defeating Michael as hate. People were RUTHLESS despite the fact that Sa'Rayah ATE and deserved to advance just as much as Michael.

I think Alicia should have pulled a Pharrell though, but idk if it works.

Nvm, the one below 🙂

Edited by Ottoxxx

29 minutes ago, ikwonic said:

I don´t think it was warranted then. I would have given the win to Michael but Sa´Rayah did great as well. Sadly they were taped when steals were already gone.

2 hours ago, ikwonic said:

I think the backlash was mainly about him not getting a steal. Sa’Rayah had a decent reception here and on YT, which was very rare that season.

A lot of people from S11’s Top 13 probably fit in this thread, but she doesn’t belong here imo. 

Edited by Daillon

• Mistake006 changed the title to Over-Hated Contestants And Performances

Now that I think about it, the controversial 4 of Season 17: Shane Q, Will Breman, Kat Hammock, and Hello Sunday.

The only one I like out of the list is Will, but still, it doesnt hide the fact that I remember IDF being ruthless to all of them. And by ruthless I dont mean modern IDf criticism. Back then it was ugly.

Case in point: Will, Shane and Kat acknowledged in a video (I think it was Will's finale vlog) that they were aware of the criticism here. They took it lightly though.

Edited by Misirlou