RuPaul's Drag Race - UK vs The World

*Lily

Rooting for Tia & Marina.

Glad to see La Grande Dame make it to this point, considering how some of the challenges were stacked against her imo. 

On 3/23/2024 at 7:09 PM, Zoey said:

04. Hannah - I don’t think Hannah stands a chance next week and I’ve consistently found her underwhelming. I don’t think she’s been the best of any episode.

6f7f179326373ffd44304908fdd90c3c.gif

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Solaris said:

Do we have early numbers who is leading the fan vote on instagram?

Twitter/X:
Marina - 11k likes

Tia - 5.2k likes

La Grande Dame - 2.7k likes

Hannah - 2.1k likes

• Thanks 1

On 3/24/2024 at 1:49 PM, Solaris said:

Do we have early numbers who is leading the fan vote on instagram?

They haven’t even posted them on Instagram. :rofl:

Edited by Elliott

Update on likes on Twitter/X & Insta:

Marina: 13K + 22.2K = 35.2k likes

La Grande Dame: 3K + 23.3K = 26.3k likes

Tia: 5.5K + 6.3K = 11.8k likes

Hannah: 2.4K + 5.5 = 7.9k likes

That was a fantastic final episode. The reunion and some pretty great lip-syncs. The final outcome and winner just feels right. :wub:

01. Tia - Delivered two fantastic lip-syncs and deserved the crown. Her rolling around the floor with La Grand and using her for the French speaking part was iconic. The Rudemption of the perfectly adequate dress and the glass bottles were everything. I’m so happy that Tia was able to show how far she’s come since her original season. She’s such a fantastic Queen. 
02. La Grand Dame - I hated her outfit for the lip-sync because it was a struggle to see her lip-sync but she was part of two iconic Tia moments tonight and I love that.

03. Hannah Conda - Who would’ve thought that Hannah would absolutely murder Marina in a lip-sync? Not me. It wasn’t even a close call which is mind blowing to me but Hannah delivered during the first lip-sync. I just hate her runways and especially tonight’s.

04. Marina Summers - I think everyone thought she would walk this final but she gave us probably her worst lip-sync of her resume. Everything felt manic and not put together which is surprising considering how strong of a performer she is. 

Condragulations to the winner.  I would never have believe the Top 2 in a lip-sync for the crown would have been Tia vs Hannah with Marina in the Mix. Did we see Tia and Hannah lip-sync against each other 3 times?  That has to be some sort of record. The Top 4 this season are iconic and among my favorite ever I think.

1. Tia - did the most with her winning song.  This episode really felt like her episode and a culmination of all the growth she has had since season 2. I loved that her final runway was a throwback to her "adequate dress" moment as that was her most iconic moment in season 2.

2. Hannah - Not sure where that first performance came from.  The only song she might have ever been able to beat Marina at.  She had 2 great lip-syncs this season and that was one of them.

3. Marina - I thought she did great in her lip-sync, just wasn't expecting Hannah to come through.

4. Grand Dam - not a great lip-syncer as she's proven this season.

I have to say I have absolutely loved this season, and seeing all these queens from different franchises that I got to experience the first time.  It was also nice not having US queens dominate the whole season.

Final thoughts and rankings of the queens this season.

1. Marina Summers - The biggest thing I will take away from this season is how amazing Marina is as a performer. she's the only contestant to get 3 badges the vs the world series. She's a Filipina, a Filipina finalist! Her runways have been some of my favorite.  The final runway great form the Top until the blue.  I understood what the blue was for but would have rathered all black.

2. Tia Kofi - the rudemption this season was real with Tia. She 100% earned her crown tonight.  What she proved is she can overcome her past mistakes and turn them into triumphs.  With her better runways, she's proven to be an all around versatile queen.

3. Hannah Conda - she came in a star, and she is leaving one.  I absolutely adore Hannah and I am so happy we got a second full season of her laugh and comedy. Her Hannah Conda most definitely do!  She also through some of the best lip-syncs of her drag race life in at the end of it. I loved her final runway, it was truly Hannah.

4. La Grand Dam - I am attracted her out of drag.  She killed the early part of the competition and remained relevant all the way through.  I am not surprised she is a French model as she crushed the runway this season.

5. Scarlet Envy - has some rough patches at the end there, but she did great in the first part of the competition.  I am glad she got her flowers, as I don't feel like she was appreciated in All-stars 6.

6. Keta Minaj - gone too soon.  I love her aesthetic.

7. Arantxa Castilla La Manche - love her, and her energy.  A delight to watch.

8. Choriza May - Third UK queen in a row, I will sound like a hater.  I don't think Choriza improved enough between her season to be a contender this time. 

9. Jonbers Blond - really didn't do anything and was justly eliminated by Scarlet.

10. Gothy Kendoll - I hate Gothy's drag, it all looks the same as it did 5 years ago.  She's not a big personality, she's not good in the challenges.  Hopefully this is the last time I will have to view her on a season.

11. Mayhem Miller - please don't come back, you're not good at drag race.  Live your life and do your thing without being on our screens.

Lastly, ranking the Queens of the World:

1. Tia Kofi - The best Queen of the World title holder. 4 challenge wins, strong rudemption, some great runways. 

2. Blu Hydrangea - I enjoyed her win. The first real shocking lip-sync for the crown winner for me.

3. Ra'Jah O'Hara - my throughs on Ra'jah's Canada vs the World Run are clear, and she never dominated any week of the season. 

8 hours ago, Solaris said:

Did we see Tia and Hannah lip-sync against each other 3 times? That has to be  some sort of record.

I went through and I think it is if you only count 1 on 1 lip syncs.

Technically Alaska and Katya did it first in AS2, but their third lip sync included Detox. :haha:

In a similar vein, Eureka and Kameron did as well, but they only had one lip sync that was just the two of them.

• Like 1

Thrilled for Tia! Thrilled that we get our first black winner in the UK! I didn't always agree with the judging and the run she had but, she remained thoroughly entertaining and showed off her glow-up.

What a run for Hannah, thoroughly enjoyed her. I'm seeing a lot of talk about the lip-sync result not being fair and the editing of her vs. Marina. And Marina was my #1. But I feel like Hannah embodied what you needed in an Anastacia lip-sync. Less about the tricks and Hannah won it for me.

Great runs for La Grande Dame and Marina all around, I was super excited to see them here and they did not disappoint. Marina's a lock for US All-Stars I think and I can't wait to see it. Megastar.

Overall rankings.. I think. The top 4 were head and shoulders above the rest this season.

1. Marina Summers

2. Hannah Conda

3. Tia Kofi

4. La Grande Dame

5. Scarlet Envy

6. Keta Minaj

7. Choriza May

8. Arantxa Castilla La Mancha

9. Gothy Kendoll

10. Jonbers Blonde

11. Mayhem Miller

The fandom having a meltdown over Marina not winning is obnoxious 🙄 It’s not that deep. Tia is a fun queen who had a great run this season and Ru loves her. She’s a British queen competing on a BBC show. Of course she’s going to win. Marina and LGD both will benefit greatly from being on the show.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, #jeah said:

The fandom having a meltdown over Marina not winning is obnoxious 🙄 It’s not that deep. Tia is a fun queen who had a great run this season and Ru loves her. She’s a British queen competing on a BBC show. Of course she’s going to win. Marina and LGD both will benefit greatly from being on the show.

The fandom 24 hours ago: Love the entire top four, but Team Marina or Tia

The fandom now: I am personally victimized by Tia’s win and have never been this betrayed in my life!

• Like 2

I finally watched the finale and from what I’d heard, I was expecting some Jinkx/Monèt style editing on Marina and Hannah, but… lowkey I think Hannah won from what they did show of them. :ph34rwave: I don’t really think Marina embodied the song the way Hannah did, so I actually would’ve picked her.

RuPaul has also seen Hannah and Tia before so I feel like it was obvious he was going to be closer to them than the other finalists.

Super happy Tia won. She’s always been one of my favourites and I loved seeing her glow-up this season. Her finally pulling out the Green Dress at the end. What a master class in trolling. ❤️

I think the UK queens are probably gonna get targeted early on if there’s a S3, lol. I’m kind of over everyone acting like they have to crown UK queens just because it happened both series. It’s not Blu’s fault she ended up being the only viable winner in that group of four. :haha:

I wanna say this is probably my final ranking:

1. Tia Kofi

2. LGD

3. Choriza May

4. Marina Summers

5. Aranxta Castilla-La Manche

6. Gothy Kendoll

7. Hannah Conda

8. Jonbers Blonde

9. Scarlet Envy

10. Mayhem Miller

Edited by Elliott

On 4/1/2024 at 10:26 AM, Solaris said:

This reaction though.  🤣

If she was smart, she’d make a T-shirt design with that reaction on it. :giggle:

On 4/5/2024 at 8:57 PM, Elliott said:

I finally watched the finale and from what I’d heard, I was expecting some Jinkx/Monèt style editing on Marina and Hannah, but… lowkey I think Hannah won from what they did show of them. :ph34rwave: I don’t really think Marina embodied the song the way Hannah did, so I actually would’ve picked her.

Love Marina and no doubt she killed it, but it wasn’t really the song for it imo 🙈 Hannah was giving Anastacia to me! I get why she won

Final season ranking:

1. Tia Kofi

2. Hannah Conda

3. La Grande Dame

4. Marina Summers

5. Arantxa Castilla La Mancha

6. Gothy Kendoll - my favorite moment all season was Gothy f*cking up the girl groups (edit: “Rusical”) challenge, laughing about it, and then the camera panning to Ru laughing right back at her :haha: 

7. Scarlet Envy

8. Choriza May

9. Keta Minaj

10. Mayhem Miller - my second favorite moment all season was of course Miss Mayhem’s talent performance

11. Jonbers Blonde

There were a couple dud episodes in the middle of the season but overall I loved it. Everyone delivered the entertainment, we had a fierce top 4, and a deserving winner. I agree that Hannah won the lipsync against Marina fair and square. I’d love to see any of the top 4 losers back for a U.S. all stars one day. 

Edited by #jeah

• 1 month later...

Drag Race UK vs The World Season 1

f53f5c0dc47b03106fbba31f3da8e7c6232c18c0a3c8292f0969d733819871f8._SX1080_FMjpg_.jpg

Well this season existed!!

Did they run out of budget for this? Cause there were six episodes with a finale where they only put on dresses and made a few lip-syncs. 

Not everything was bad, there were some nice introductions with Pangina and Janey Jacke. However, I preferred the previous run of all of the other queens.

Dissappointing season with a few fun moments in there.

1. Pangina Heals

922aa9a9b2a8e9ee106e7fa9a58363929e10b2cc.gifv

She was the clear frontrunner and there is no scenario where she makes the finale and don't win. I can't really fault Blu for cutting her but with this elimination it feel very reminiscent of AS3 and AS4 where the queens with the best run don't win. Loved her and we need another season with her!

2.  Janey Jacke

ff8bd39f82ff82cff92c75004b2cc071d55ded6e.gifv

Such a nice queen! Very talented and cute out of drag. Objectively there were other queens that did better but I enjoyed her quite a lot.

3. Jujubee

jujubee-chicken-clucking-netta-toy-lipsync-mo-hart-vs-jujubee-and-she-did-a-better-job-at-Pop-Art.gif

Was this Jujubee's worst run? Yes. Do I care about this? No. I am always happy to see Jujubee on a season. I actually think she did great in her last lip-sync and shoulda won against Blu 💅

4. Mo Heart

5ed9c8090f822eec6866da68edeb3a2dbdffd978.gifv

She shoulda been crowned the winner against Blu. Always love me some Mo Heart on my screen. 

5. Jimbo

n8aiwntsqkf81.gif

Jimbo was robbed, but I already know that Jimbo wins AS8, so she will get her dues. Loved the little back and forth with Pangina during the finale.

6. Blu Hydrangea

blu-hydrangea-let-it-go-alexandra-burke-lipsync-drag-race-uk-vs-the-world-episode-4-snatch-game-recap-review.gif

She was good but I was not impressed by here like most people here. I don't really think that she won any of her lip-syncs against the American queens.

7. Baga Chipz

baga-chipz-alexandra-burke-let-it-go-lipsync-barrel-roll-drag-race-uk-vs-the-world-episode-4-snatch-game-recap-review.gif

I preferred Baga's run in her previous season but she had some moments. Here Snatch Game was superb!

8. Cheryl Hole

fae79d0fca6678743689efb801cad3a6411fee1b.gifv

There wasn't really any time to appreciate Cheryl. I like her but she didn't make a mark this time around

9. Lemon

200.gif?cid=6c09b95218kfrlwrohjejq57n63wkebmp9eh8wjkgdxfslzn&ep=v1_internal_gif_by_id&rid=200.gif&ct=g

I didn't like Lemon in her first season and I didn't like her this time around as well. Lemon just rubs me the wrong way.