RuPaul's Drag Race - UK vs The World

*Lily

This episode was awfully confusing. The editing was everywhere but the challenge was enjoyable. I thought three of them did really well and any of them could’ve won the challenge.

01. Mo Heart - Clear winner of the challenge. I do think Jujubee did better in the lip sync though. 
02. Baga - Fantastic verse in the challenge and it was so Baga.

03. Blu - Probably tied with Baga for the verse.

04. Janey - I thought her verse was forgettable but her runway was fantastic.

05. Jujubee - I don’t remember Jujubee’s verse and it only aired about twenty minutes ago. It was like Naomi’s in Superqueen.. instantly forgettable. And that runway, girl. That’s an ASOS bridesmaids dress. How did she win?!

This was a good episode and the rumix was solid.  That said there was a clear Top 2 and a clear Bottom 2.  I had never heard that song for the lipsync, but I was living.

1. Jujubee - Love that my girl Juju locked up her second win. She had a great verse and a stunning runway.  She can't learn the lyrics to a Lizzo song, but she  can eat a random Eurovision song apparently.  Deserved win!

2. Mo Heart - I thought her verse was the strongest and a great rap overall.  Her runway was also stunning.  She did great in the lip sync, but she did do worse then juju.

3. Blu Hydrangea - loved her runway and a good verse.  Solid middle of the pack this week!

4. Janey Jacke - Weakest verse, but she looked incredible in the challenge and an interesting take on the runway!

5. Baga Chipz - stronger verse then Janey, but was not a fan overall.

TL:DR Jujubee coming to win this week ❤️  

Lipsync for the crown finale, I guess that means Baga Chipz won't win.  :haha:

1. Mo Heart - Killed it this week. I really relate to her personal background and hearing her talk about conversion therapy broke my heart.

2. Blu Hydrangea - The judges' critiques of her runway outfit were off, imo, I loved it and the Picasso influence was fully there in the make-up and color scheme. I would be pleasantly surprised if Blu wins this season but I don't see it happening.

3. Janey Jacké - Her verse was fine or w/e, but that runway look was exquisite and one of my favorites of the whole season. It was so clean and well-put together. Huge class act, I'm glad we had Janey around for as long as we did.

4. Jujubee - Glad she got a win but I still feel like this was Jujubee's weakest iteration by far, even including AS1. I would still be happy if she wins though because after four times trying, Juju is drag royalty and deserves a crown.

5. Baga Chipz - I respect Baga and her drag but I just don't vibe with her overall.

Putting in spoiler tags for now.

Ahh I avoided the leak earlier on and can't say I'm surprised with the result, A fair win, congrats to Blu who did well pretty much all season, but a bittersweet feeling, Mo's one of my all-time fave RuGirls and knowing this is likely the last we'll see of her on Drag Race makes me wish her arc could have ended with a crown. Her journey from Season 10 to now is still nothing short of amazing though.

❤️

1. Blu Hydrangea - congrats on the win, while I thought her and Juju were pretty neck and neck in the first lipsync, she slayed the second lipsync. Her second outfit made my mouth drop. 

2. Jujubee - I thought she killed her lip sync in her style.  Too bad she wasn't against Mo or Baga in that part.

3. Mo Heart - Love her and she certainly killed the domino lip sync.  It just felt like she didn't do as well in the second one.

4. Baga Chipz - easiest 4th placer maybe ever for a Lip sync for the crown.

Overall:

1. Jujubee - Jujubee and another 3rd place.  Iconic duo.  She looked great in her finale eleganza and I will always have that Top lip sync which was pretty amazing.  Also Chercuterie.

2. Jimbo - Iconic, and part of the season this to watch this season. 

3. Blu Hydrangea - really stepped up her game this season.  Killer snatch game, I liked her finale verse, and she did well in every challenge.  I maintain that I didn't love her talent show but I am glad she did something different. Her runways were a highlight of the season. Pulling a Naomi with the lipstick was an interesting take and I sort of hope more queens take that approach going forward.

4. Pangina Heals - stunning runways (especially her final one), killed the start of the comps.  Wasn't here for her saying she eliminated the weakest every week when she sent Lemon home over Janey in week 1.  

5. Mo Heart - runway queen this week.  Her verse last week was amazing, but as a whole I found her pretty middle of the road this season.

6. Lemon - robbed, robbed, robbed, robbed. Also her finale runway was everything.

7. Janey Jacke - she won ru-peter batch and placed top 2.  She existed.  At least she's cute.  

8. Baga Chipz - just not my thing.  Her attitude this season especially in challenges she didn't like were off putting.  She exhausted the much betta schtick.  I never need to see her compete again.

9. Cheryl Hole - disappointed in her.  My season 1 UK favorite, but she did not elevate this time.

Renaming the show BluPaul’s Drag Race. :wub: She slayed the season and deserved the win so much. I didn’t know she had those lip-syncs in her and was so amazed during Supernova. :wub:

Overall

01. Blu - She did amazingly throughout the entire season. Not a single bad runway and she did brilliantly in each challenge. Perfect winner!

02. Baga - I love Baga so much! She did well in most of the challenges and her runways improved so much since UK1. She’s everything that British drag is and I adore her.

03. Janey - A pleasant surprise. I didn’t know her but she is one of the nicest and put together queens I’ve seen on any franchise. One of the main highlights of the finale was her face when Jimbo was reading Pangina. :rofl:

04. Pangina - I appreciate the risks she took and her runways. I do think some of her wins weren’t warranted but she always turned out a lip-sync.

05. Mo Heart - Didn’t like her attitude early on and I don’t think her looks were that good but she did well. I do wonder where the old Mo had gone during the lip-syncs though. They were pretty mediocre. 

06. Lemon - So robbed. Her finale eleganza was probably the best look of the night.

07. Cheryl Hole - Her drag had been elevated but it wasn’t elevated to the level of the other queens which was a shame. I just love her though.
08. Jimbo - I don’t get Jimbo. Not everyone will and I’m fine with that.
09. Jujubee - I like Jujubee but I didn’t really like anything she did this time around. I thought her finale eleganza was awful! It wasn’t even all the way around and looked like it had been made by Shangela in a sewing challenge. 

11 minutes ago, Zoey said:

Renaming the show BluPaul’s Drag Race. :wub: She slayed the season and deserved the win so much. I didn’t know she had those lip-syncs in her and was so amazed during Supernova. :wub:

Blu's supernova was definitely her best lip sync on the show, and if the win was based solely on that totally deserved her win!  The right time to peak, absolutely!  But we about to have some jujubeef with your juju hate :P 

34 minutes ago, Solaris said:

Blu's supernova was definitely her best lip sync on the show, and if the win was based solely on that totally deserved her win!  The right time to peak, absolutely!  But we about to have some jujubeef with your juju hate :P 

I love Jujubee but I think she was by far the weakest queen from the season. I’d argue that Cheryl’s talent show was superior to anything Jujubee did throughout the entire season. :ph34rwave:

This season was really chaotic and disappointing at times, but I think overall it was really entertaining so I guess I can't complain too much.

Overall:

1. Pangina Heals - So glad Pangina did this season, she slayed and definitely had the most winner energy of anyone this season. I do think her Snatch Game was a little disappointing, but equally dominating AS winners have stuck around for much worse (Alaska's makeover challenge comes to mind). I enjoyed the C.U.N.T. Pangina brought to this season and she is an all-time favorite for me. I might have to go watch Thailand now 😮 

2. Blu Hydrangea - In retrospect, Blu makes for a fabulous winner. I liked her well-enough on UK1 but she came back with a very impressive glow-up, never missed on the runway or in a challenge, peaked at the right time, and pulled a very ballsy move in eliminating Pangina. She also ate the final lipsync. I'm very happy with her win.

3. Mo Heart - Started out kind of meh for me, and I would have liked to see her take home the crown, but I can't complain as Mo never really truly faltered this season.

4. Janey Jacké - A class act, well-rounded queen, and a joy to watch all season long. Her Andy Warhol look is my favorite non-Pangina look of the season. She's a talented lip syncer and absolutely gorgeous in and out of drag. I think Janey did very well for herself this season.

5. Jimbo - Brought the drama and some excellent moments in the first two episodes. Jimbo really soured me to her as a person by the end of the season, though. Her bitterness made for good TV but also left me feeling kind of gross lol like move on sis.

6. Lemon - Was robbed, her response of "Nothing" to "What did you learn this season?" cracked me up. I wish we had gotten to see more of her.

7. Jujubee - Obviously a huge fan overall, but her head was never really in the game this season. She had a couple of gorgeous runways but everything else was disappointing and she never killed a single challenge. Oh well.

8. Baga Chipz - I respect Baga and her drag. That does not mean I really care for her, unfortunately. Her Snatch Game was A+ but I never cared for pretty much anything else she did.

9. Cheryl Hole - To quote herself, she was "Mediocre"

19 hours ago, #jeah said:

5. Jimbo - Brought the drama and some excellent moments in the first two episodes. Jimbo really soured me to her as a person by the end of the season, though. Her bitterness made for good TV but also left me feeling kind of gross lol like move on sis.

To be fair, there were only like six days between Jimbo's elimination and the filming of the finale, so he was probably still in his feelings. :dead:

1. Pangina : What a star ! Been a fan of her as a host of Thailand but her as a contestant ? I am now a superfan. 
  2. Blu : Deserved win ! She didn't really have any low, imo.
  3. Mo Heart : Always a pleasure seeing Mo Heart slaying the competition!
  4. Lemon : The robbed contestant of the season, imo. She clearly had more to offer - bring her back!
  5. Janey : She did good !
  6. Baga Chipz : I just love Baga !
  7. Jimbo : I love Jimbo's drag but I am a bit over their antic. It's always the same thing over and over again - I get it that you are pissed but you don't always have to do it a sarcastic and condescending way in hope that it makes it funny and let it fly. And I will be honest, I do wish that they would have spoken out sooner about the hate the queens been getting, as they failed to do so in Canada's Drag Race & now in the UK until the finale.
  8. Jujubee : We all love Jujubee but her run was a choice
  9. Cheryl : Forgot she was on tbh. 
Edited by *Chris

2 minutes ago, *Chris said:
  1. Pangina : What a star ! Been a fan of her as a host of Thailand but her as a contestant ? I am now a superfan. 
  2. Blu : Deserved win ! She didn't really have any low, imo.
  3. Mo Heart : Always a pleasure seeing Mo Heart slaying the competition!
  4. Janey : She did good !
  5. Baga Chipz : I just love Baga !
  6. Jimbo : I love Jimbo's drag but I am a bit over their antic. It's always the same thing over and over again - I get it that you are pissed but you don't always have to do it a sarcastic and condescending way in hope that it makes it funny and let it fly. And I will be honest, I do wish that they would have spoken out sooner about the hate the queens been getting, as they failed to do so in Canada's Drag Race & now in the UK until the finale.
  7. Jujubee : We all love Jujubee but her run was a choice
  8. Cheryl : Forgot she was on tbh. 

Canada's Drag Race S1:E8 (Welcome to the family) -

2. Jimbo - The sexually-inspired demonic drag clown being bitter is truly the most represented I have ever felt on a drag race season.
  3. Blu Hydrangea - The slutty Irish twink who winning? The power that has. As others have said, a very solid/consistent run.
  4. Mo Heart - Mo having every placement possible in five episodes (WIN/HIGH/SAFE/LOW/BTM)? It's camp. A favourite as always ❤️
  5. Janey Jacké - Glad to see her some more exposure since not a lot of people watched her season.
  6. Pangina Heals - In the words of someone on Reddit: "I don't know why she got so much hate for eliminating Lemon and Jimbo as if Rita Baga didn't do it already." Anyway, as someone who'd never seen Thailand, I loved being introduced to Pangina. That said, as someone who was rooting for Lemon and Jimbo and found her reasoning for eliminating them total BS, I had no qualms with her elimination :ph34rwave:
  7. Jujubee - I love her but definitely an underwhelming run, unfortunately. That said, her making the finale four times is legendary. Can't wait to see her be third/third-adjacent for Canada vs the World ❤️
  8. Lemon - "What did everyone learn from this season?" "Why don't you start, Lemon?" "Nothing." I stan.
  9. Cheryl Hole - They were in this season.
  10. Baga Chipz - Never again.

Blu and Monique are relatively interchangeable for me.

• 1 year later...