Films of the 2000s Rankdown

Alex95

1 hour ago, Alex95 said:

Iā€™m obviously getting decades mixed up cause when I glanced at this I thought it was Pixarā€™s Coco and I had a mink heart attack that it was nominated.

It was my own nominations and I had this same thought. šŸ˜

Fred Claus

Ā 

FluidRespectfulDeer-size_restricted.gif

Ā 

Okay, now that I got over the shock that this is actually a movie I can do my cut. :haha:Ā Are we sure this isn't a spoof of The Santa Claus with Tim Allen? :dead:Ā Fred ClausĀ is a 2007 AmericanĀ ChristmasĀ fantasyĀ comedy filmĀ directed byĀ David Dobkin, screenplay byĀ Dan FogelmanĀ and a story by Dan Fogelman andĀ Jessie Nelson, and starringĀ Vince Vaughn,Ā Paul Giamatti,Ā Miranda Richardson,Ā John Michael Higgins,Ā Elizabeth Banks,Ā Rachel Weisz,Ā Kathy Bates, andĀ Kevin Spacey.Ā The film was released on November 9, 2007, in the US and later released in the UK on November 30, 2007, byĀ Warner Bros. Pictures. This movie was actually released in theaters? I'm flabbergasted.Ā t received mixed to negative reviews from critics and grossed $97 million worldwide against the production budget of $100 million. Basically Fred is the younger brother of the more famous Nick. I still can't believe this was a movie and I've never heard of it before not even ironically. šŸ¤£

Ā 

Save: High School Musical 3: Senior Year

get-smart-500ba2af37769.png

Ā 

2Ets.gif

Ā 

Released in 2008, "Get Smart" is a comedy that is based on a television series of the same name that aired between 1965 and 1970.Ā  In this comedy, it stars Anne Hathaway & Steve Carrel in the lead role but it also features The Rock aka Dwayne Johnson, Terence Stamp, and Terry Crews.Ā  The movie revolves around Steve Carell's characters who wishes to become a become spy.Ā  As the movie does not speak to me, I have never seen it but I've heard mixed feelings regarding the movie as a whole but it was a huge hit in the theatre. Unfortunately, I will be cutting this comedy as it is against a comedy that I did enjoy.Ā 

Ā 

SAVING : MISS CONGENIALITY 2 - ARMED & FABULOUS

Edited by *Chris

Cycle 3 - Fast-Forward

click-50eae812b84e8.jpg?fit=1200,675&ssl=1

Adam Sandler is heartbroken you all have already cut his Academy Award nominated for best makeup "masterpiece" Click. So heartbroken, he wants to speed the game up a little. Using his handy little remote, he's clicking the fast-forward button to double the amount of movies that will be cut this round. When it is your turn to nominate, you will nominate 20 films to be cut. The other five rankers will each cut two and save two. You have an hour as opposed to 30 mins to do both writeups. Both must still be 100 words, have a picture, and both writeupsĀ must be in separate posts. All the rules are the same, movies can't be nominated in back-to-back rounds and you have 24 hours to make your cuts.

Ā 

eWUA01q.png

@FrogLenzenĀ you can nominate your 20 films whenever you're ready!

Ā 

@Steven_Ā @1234567890Ā @*DianaĀ @*ChrisĀ @Elliott

• Alex95 changed the title to Films of the 2000s Rankdown (Cycle 3 Posted)

102 Dalmatians

U-571

American Pie 2

No Man's Land

The Hot Chick

The Rookie

Freddy vs. Jason

Kangaroo Jack

De-Lovely

Secret Window

The Brothers Grimm

Herbie: Fully Loaded

Mission Impossible III

Superman Returns

Fantastic Four: Rise of the SilverĀ Surfer

Surf's Up

Hamlet 2

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Duplicity

Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs

Mission Impossible III

byLbdGH.jpg

Ā 

I won't insult you with the plot from Mission Impossible III because let us be honest here, if you have seen one Mission Impossible movie you really have seen all the Mission Impossible movies. They like the Fast series seem to never go away. I guess because they cash cows in the box office and money talks but doesn't make these movies good. Look, any movie that has or supports Tom Cruise and his messiness is an easy choice for me to cut and considering he is the main character in the Mission Impossible franchise all these movies can go as soon as possible for me! This is the third one and hopefully the others go soon!

Ā 

Saving Surf's Up

• Alex95 changed the title to Films of the 2000s Rankdown (Derek's Noms Posted)

Superman Returns

TOyQ8mF.jpg

Oops, 2 hours later, sorry I totally forgot about this and the fact I needed to do two different write ups and two saves. I am a real winner today. I have to cut another movie that has had too many movies attached to it with very similar plots in Super Man returns. Super Man Returns was the sixth and final installment in the original Superman film series. The movie stars Brandon Routh as Superman, where is he these days? Kate Bosworth and James Marden who of all the cast seems to have the most longevity of a career post this movie

Saving American Pie 2 for queen Shannon only

Ā 

Edited by *Diana