Films of the 2000s Rankdown

Alex95

thumb-83130.png

30b91ed0d15e7128f1d9dec9ec986904.gif

I think we can establish my now that I am not the biggest fan of Adam Sandler's movies, so this cut shouldn't be a surprise.  "Click" was released in 2006, and it was directed by Frank Coraci, written by Steve Koren & Mark O'Keefe, and produced by Adam Sandler as most of his movies.   Of course, Adam Sandler is also in this movie as the lead, along with Kate Beckinsale, Christopher Walken, David Hasselhoff, Jonah Hill, Jennifer Coolidge, Rob Schneider, Terry Crews and Jane Kramer - most of them have a small role in the movie. 

The movie revolves around Michael Newman, an architect, who is bullied by his boss but he still manage to choose work over his family.  The plot of the movie is that he received a remote that has the ability to control reality - he uses it to his advantage at work, and to fast-forward some time in his life which resulted in missing some years in his life.  By the end of the movie, he realizes that his family is much more important than work. 

The movie was a success at the block office as people love comedies ! But the same cannot be said for the reception of the movie, although some could say this is one of better produced movie as it is the only movie of his to have received a nomination at the Academy Awards, which they lost - no, it was not in a major category, simply for Makeup and they rightfully lost.  

SAVING : THE PACIFIER

LITTLE NICKY (2000)

p26534_p_v8_aa.jpg

Little Nicky is a comedy film starring Adam Sandler. He plays the title character, and his father is the Devil and his mother is an angel. After the Devil refuses to give up the throne to Hell to one of his three sons, Nicky's brothers go to Earth to create a Hell of their own. Nicky, the kindest of the three brothers, follows them to Earth to try to stop them. And then there's also a romance plot between Adam Sandler and Patricia Arquette's characters. Read the rest of the plot summary on Wikipedia if you want to know what happens, because this really does not seem like a movie worth watching. This storyline seems so dumb it's as if a kid wrote this. According to Rotten Tomatoes, Little Nicky has a 21% approval rating. The site's consensus says, "Despite the presence of a large, talented cast, the jokes in Little Nicky are dumb, tasteless, and not that funny, and Adam Sandler's character is grating to watch." This doesn't seem like my kind of movie at all, so out it goes from the rankdown.

Saving Van Helsing.

2950082c1da877bb24d61778805c402ddaf28161

TERMINATOR SALVATION

Terminator-salvation-poster.jpg

Terminator Salvation is an action-adventure film that serves as the fourth film in the Terminator franchise. Imagine a franchise going from Terminator 2: Judgment Day to this dreck. How insulting. Terminator Salvation does not feature Arnold Schwarzenegger, as he was being the governor of California during filming. The film does, however, star Christian Bale and Sam Worthington, as well as featuring Anton Yelchin in a supporting role. The film's plot centres around the war between Humans and Skynet following Judgement Day, and showcases the creation of the T-800 that we saw in the first film. As such, the film is both a sequel and a prequel. Unfortunately, it's not good. Terminator was great. T2 was iconic. Terminator 3 was fun. It was followed by Terminator Genysis, another terrible film, but at least it did something. Even Terminator: Dark Fate tried to do something original with the material. Terminator Salvation does nothing of the sort. It's just bland, boring, uninteresting, unimaginative and truly served no purpose.

SAVE: Hellboy II

• Alex95 changed the title to Films of the 2000s Rankdown (Steven's Noms Next)

Freddy Got Fingered (2001)

Freddy Got Fingered (movie poster).jpg

This movie is widely known as one of the worst films ever made. My homeboy Ebert said: "This movie doesn't scrape the bottom of the barrel. This movie isn't the bottom of the barrel. This movie isn't below the bottom of the barrel. This movie doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence with barrels[...]. The day may come when Freddy Got Fingered is seen as a milestone of neo-surrealism. The day may never come when it is seen as funny."

Of course, with it being so bad it is tempting to keep it around as a meme pick. But there is another meme pick still in this game that I think would be more appropriate for this forum to spend any efforts on. The title of this is a reference to a false accusation of sexual assault that Tom Green's character makes to his father. The fact that this was the title chosen already says a lot about what to expect when watching this. Crass, shock, gross humor a lot. And apparently some gore humor. No thanks. I personally don't find Tom Green funny anyway, so to try to appreciate anything about this seems virtually impossible for me.

But apparently this movie has earned some fans over the years. Ebert even later admitted that while he despised it, at least it made an impression on him. "Bad movie, especially the scene where Green was whirling the newborn infant around his head by its umbilical cord. But the thing is, I remember Freddy Got Fingered more than a year later. I refer to it sometimes. It is a milestone. And for all its sins, it was at least an ambitious movie, a go-for-broke attempt to accomplish something. It failed, but it has not left me convinced that Tom Green doesn't have good work in him. Anyone with his nerve and total lack of taste is sooner or later going to make a movie worth seeing."

Drew Barrymore was engaged to Tom Green at the time of filmmaking, so look for her in a cameo role here. Also Shaq makes an appearance. Rip Torn plays Tom Green's dad. I can't go on.

Save Pineapple Express

• Sad 1

• Alex95 changed the title to Films of the 2000s Rankdown (Steven's Noms Posted)

You, Me and Dupree

ymeanddupree-1200-1200-675-675-crop-0000

Welp, better hurry as I forgot about this :dead: when looking at what to cut a lot came to mind good nominations lol. Anyway I am cutting You, Me, and Dupree just for the sole fact I watched it once and I couldn't even get through the whole movie without turning it off because the acting was beyond anything I could stomach lol. So bad. Probably Kate Hudson's worst movie I think so it's a pretty easy cut to make. It also starts Matt Dillan (when was his last movie??) And Owen Wilson (again what happened to him too?)) Maybe I just don't care about movies anymore but I haven't heard of either of them in awhile. Anyway this was a bad movie and easy cut to make

Saving The Ugly Truth

Edited by *Diana