Films of the 2000s Rankdown

Alex95

wild-hogs-4fece204a58c5.png

wild-hogs-fist-bump.gif

Released in 2007, Wild Hogs is a comedy movie - it's actually known as an American biker road comedy, whatever that is.  It was directed by Walt Becker and produced by Tollin/Robbins Productions where it hold the honour of being the last film produced by them.  The movie is best known for starring Tim Allen, John Travolta, Martin Lawrence and William H. Macy.  Have I seen this movie ? Absolutely not as I don't think I am their target audience as it seems that their audience is probably straight middle-aged white men who dragged their significant other to the theatre to watch this movie - I saw this as it has a good showing at the movie,. and Mr. Scientology first movie to reach $100 million since 1999.  The movie did not seem to be a hit with audience or critics on Rotten Tomatoes so I doubt that any of us will be sad that this movie is cute from the rankdown. 

SAVING : WALK HARD - THE DEWEY COX STORY

Semi-Pro

MV5BMTQwNzI4NzE5Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTI1Njk1MQ@@._V1_.jpg

Just to keep things moving. Elliott and Victoria both showed up with legitimate excuses so they won't receieve strikes. See it's the easy. I just don't like being ghosted :giggle:. That's when your immunities are at risk :kissbye:. Semi-Pro is your typical Will Ferrell comedy from your 2000's. This Will Ferrell specific genre is veeeeeery hit or miss for me. Tbh I've probably seen more Will Ferrell 2000's comedies, but I somehow missed this one so I can't really give you my #hottakes on it. It's about a basketball team who has to make it into the top four if they want to be merged into the NBA. The only problem is, it's a shitty team. Along with Will Ferrell, the movie stars Woody Harrelson, and André 3000. I did see Kristen Wiig in the trailer which is always exciting, but it looks like a smaller part. Semi-Pro wasn't one of Ferrell's most acclaimed movies. It's no Step Brothers or Anchorman I'm sure. This cut is also me showing you how easy it is to get over 100 works without just copying and pasting a wikipedia summary even without having seen the movie. Just watch the trailer ^_^.

@Elliott saved Antichrist

• Thanks 1

College (2008)

Collegeposter08.jpg

This movie came out when I was in college. And I did not see it because it looked horrible. The most important thing about this movie, for the purposes of this forum anyway, is that Kevin Covais is one of the stars. That's right, Kevin Covais, 11th Place on Season 5 of American Idol. Good job Kevin. This film also stars Drake Bell from Drake & Josh and Andrew Caldwell from Hannah Montana. It follows the three friends at a Freshman College Orientation and we get to see them get into all kinds of shenanigans with the local Greek life. There is drinking involved. Hazing. Relationships. The reviews suggest that this is indeed a bad movie. It apparently "aims low and misses." 

• Thanks 1

• Alex95 changed the title to Films of the 2000s Rankdown (Elliott's Noms Next)
  • Alex95 changed the title to Films of the 2000s Rankdown (Elliott's Noms Posted)

Bewitched (2005)

Bewitchedmovieposter.jpg

Bewitched was the film debut of the legendary Kristin Chenoweth. That's the only thing significant I can find about this flop. You may think that this might be a movie-version of the 1964 to 1972 sitcom, Bewitched. However it is worse than that. Will Ferrell plays an ACTOR (groundbreaking.gif) who is cast to be in a remake of the old sitcom, but then discovers that the woman playing the lead actress, Nicole Kidman, is actually a witch. It takes a lot for me to be able tolerate a movie/play/etc. about actors. It's like when you have a novel about a writer. Gag. The quality of this movie does not rise to the level of it being worth anyone's time, IMO. 

Save Coco After Chanel

17 Again

zac efron people are crazy GIF

Sorry Zac Efron, Elliott does not like you :dead: anyway I am cutting 17 again at this time.  17 Again stars Matthew Perry, Zac Efron, queen Leslie Man, and Michelle Trachtenberg (whatever happened to her?) in a 2009 comedy movie. Matthew portrays Mike at age 37, while Zac portrays Mike at age 17 which is what the most of the entire movie is based at. Zac does most of the heavy hitting in this movie and he is not the best actor  so that justifies this cut alone lol. It is not groundbreaking or anything. This movie also has a super predictable plot and an easy cut at this point in our game.

Saving: 27 Dresses

WHEN A STRANGER CALLS (2006)

MV5BYTcyYjRhZTQtOTVlMy00MDU0LWFhNjktM2MyZDRmODgzMmNjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

When a Stranger Calls is a psychological horror film released in 2006. The film is about a girl going to a babysitting job. While she's at the house, she keeps receiving phone calls from a stranger. She doesn't know who it is, but it becomes clear that the man on the other end of the line can see her. And then when the babysitter calls the police, they reveal to her that the stranger is calling from inside the house. I remember going to see this movie when it was released. It seemed interesting, but it turned out that it really wasn't worth watching at all. I remember walking out of the theater thinking it was underwhelming. It seems like the critics weren't impressed either. According to Rotten Tomatoes, the film has a 9% approval rating. Yikes, that's very low. The site also says, "When a Stranger Calls ranks among the more misguided remakes in horror history, offering little more than a rote, largely fright-free update to the original." I rewatched the movie trailer to see the comments there, and the top comment says this was the best horror thriller movie that person watched as a kid. Well, I guess there's something for everybody. But out this film goes from the rankdown.

Saving The Pink Panther.

giphy.gif